Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Managers? #24745 02/26/04 09:13 PM
VikesManager05 Offline
I take it you go to North smnwrestler2004. What weight do you wrestle? And I'd be more than happy to tell your managers that! I feel bad to eat infront of them even when its at tourny's! It's crazy!
Elise

The OnE with sHorT haIR..
Re: Managers? #24746 02/28/04 04:16 AM
otohp_15 Offline
i am not saying that all managers are ugly, i would never judge them like that i am just saying our mgrs dont so the work they should and i dont even know why we take them along we have given our trainer a nick name "dr.slut" bc she is always with a diff guy and its totally wrong.. about eating in front of the guys...most of our wrestlers are used to not being able to eats so they dont get too mad if you eat in front of them. but its nice of you to think of them how you do.

if you don't like something change it, if you can't change it, change your attitude
Re: Managers? #24747 03/01/04 02:50 AM
M
managerskick@$$ Offline
M
Hunter, if anyone needs all the facts it's you! Coach did not give us any money formeals and no coach did not put all the managers on the "get in free list". What about Amie? What happened to her? She video tapes most of time and she takes score sometimes. Christal takes score most of the time. And then there is me. I video tapes some time and takes score sometimes and took pictures most of the time. I took picutes for the yearbook so the wreslters would have a page. I also took picures so I could give coach another scrapebook. And if we have to earn our way to state Hunter why you go down there last year with the team. Tell me Hunter how did you earn your way to state? I would love to hear that story. Oh and by the way now who are you going to get to mop your mats because from what I hear that last week some of the guys got sand burn because no one mopped the mats. So from now on Hunter you can mop your own darn mats. I don't think you are going to get a manager next year because I don't think andyone is going to be stupid enough to be a wrestling manager next year if they get treated like the coach treated us. I just want to say Thank you to all the guys that treated us managers with respect and thought it was a bunch of b.s. that we didn't get to go. I love you all! Sarah (Tonganoxie Manager) Oh and I want to give a special thanks to my brother James who wrote this topic. Thank you James!

Re: Managers? #24748 03/01/04 03:30 AM
otohp_15 Offline
have fun mopping your mats there hunter? she got you good...hahaha good job sarah!

if you don't like something change it, if you can't change it, change your attitude
Re: Managers? #24749 03/02/04 02:37 AM
M
managerskick@$$ Offline
M
Thanks otohp_15! ~Sarah~ ~Tonganoxie Manager~

Re: Managers? #24750 03/02/04 02:38 AM
otohp_15 Offline
no problem! have a good one

Re: Managers? #24751 03/02/04 10:41 PM
H
hsamuels Offline
H
sarah, i did say you did the most work of all the managers, and if any of them deserve to go, it's you. But you and the others didn't get to go. and about the meal money, did you ask coach for it? my guess is no. Also, Amie could have gone to state if she wanted, but she had prior engagements. I went to state last year because I worked harder than anyone on the team, and coach thought i deserved to go to state with the team. This year, Justin and I put in the extra effort to practice with the team the week of state, unlike some other individuals who will remain nameless. But, we couldn't go with the team because there would have been even more of a problem. I have worked as hard if not harder than the rest of the team, including managers. And about next year us not having managers, we should be able to find some that won't mind being "so mistreated" by the coach. Even if we don't, there are plenty of good teams out there that don't have managers. Sarah, thanks for your help, even though you weren't the most cooperative at times, just like the others.

Hunter Samuels
Tonganoxie
Re: Managers? #24752 03/03/04 06:33 AM
H
holtonwrstlngirl05 Offline
H
I don't know about you all....but for our managers we just don't do the 'easy' stuff. The coaches have us update stats, fax paper work, do paperwork, and other things. I think it's awesome how cheerleaders at other schools support wrestling, but here the cheerleaders seem to care less. During the whole season they only cheered for us 3 times and only at home meets. They made 3 signs to 'support' the wrestlers too. Our managers (me mostly) went to every tournament and dual. At the home meets we made signs and we also made some signlet signs for every wrestler, coach and each of ourselves too. We even had two fundraisers to raise money to do things for our wresters and coaches..for our wrestlers going to regionals we made them pillow cases and gave them water to take with them. For the parents we made pins that said "MatCat Mom/Dad" or "Go Cats" adn we made them stress balloons. Our coaches see us as a part of them because of how much we help/support our wrestlers. Although it seems as though our administrative people don't see us as part of the team, the parents, wrestlers,coaches and some teachers in our school see us as a vital part of the team.

~*~*~*Pain is Inevitable. Suffering is Optional*~*~*~
Re: Managers? #24753 03/04/04 02:52 PM
C
chs189 Offline
C
I think Circle, and Derby Managers were the best after all if Campus Had all there girls there then it would be a no contest,

Re: Managers? #24754 03/04/04 10:40 PM
B
Bob the Car Offline
B
Amen holtonwrstlngirl05! The same goes for us. There was even a time last year that our assistant coach noted that we had to be at all the matches, sometimes more than he did. Because we do contribute so much to the team, we too are considered part of the team. Our cheerleaders didn't do much either, especially considering that most of them quit. By the end of the season, we had a total of 2. One was out of town for state weekend, so they decided not to come. The staff had to recruit the varsity squad for Saturday, which in the end didn't seem to accomplish much. They didn't know any of the cheers. The wrestling cheerleaders also told us that pillowcases would be made. Bologna. So, us managers have taken on that task as well. Although they weren't ready by state, we'll have them for the banquet. It's nice to know that other managers are appreciated for their hard work as well. (Or even that others put in hard work.)If only the wrestlers could see that us managers commit so much to the wonderful sport, I wonder if they'd be more willing to check us out over the cheerleaders. At least we'd stick around and watch thier matches! (And know what's going on!)

Re: Managers? #24755 03/05/04 04:48 AM
H
holtonwrstlngirl05 Offline
H
Before our coaches didn't give us much recognition and that was like my freshman year and I had no idea what to do and by he end of the season I was like wow thats awesome how other schools support their wrestling teams and we never got much support anyways so I decided to start making posters and everything. Our cheerleaders do nothing anyways I doubt that there is anyway that they ever really "do" anything for the team. They wanted to give out the medals for when we had a wrestling tournament here in holton and the moms of the wrestlers told them they didn't want them(cheerleaders) giving their sons and other wrestlers their medals because they had no clue about wrestling and everything. And our wrestlers some of them think it's awesome how much we managers support them and like it's so cute to see them smile because we made then a singlet with their name on it and it's hanging in the gym and everything. I love wrestling I've grown up with it, my cousins and other family wrestled and so I'm just doing something that I know I can be good at and thas supporting the team.

~*~*~*Pain is Inevitable. Suffering is Optional*~*~*~
Re: Managers? #24756 03/05/04 05:51 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
My brother's wife was a manager for the 1995 and 1996 years when I wrestled. She busted her *** and would be all over the place to make sure brackets were updated and we knew what was going on. While us wrestlers can nap during a tournament they are constantly going. I'm glad she was one of our managers, I'm even happier that she's my sis in law. (C'mon, how many women you know that will talk about stacked regionals...lol)

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Managers? #24757 03/15/04 03:35 PM
kck_kat Offline
My daughter is a manager, and for those of you who think the manager doesn't deserve to go to state as part of the team, I ask you to take a good hard look at yourselves. My daughter goes to every practice (5 nights a week). She goes to practices on days when there is no school and over the holiday break. She does stats and all the paperwork for the tourneys. She keeps the med kid supplied. She makes sure that there is nutritious food for wrestlers to snack on at every meet, whether a dual or tourney (out of pocket). She is moral support for all of the wrestlers, and although I think many of them would like to date her, maintains a strict friend relationship with all of them. She knows wrestling probably as well as the coaches. She is the go to girl. Last year, she paid her own way to state. This year, the team picked up the room and I went along with her. I'm at every match anyway, although I've never had a wrestler in my family. I love these boys like they are my own. This is the first year I was sorry my daughter was involved. Although the team picked up her room this year, the coach treated her with total disrespect. I am hoping that she won't be involved next year. Guys, I have seen some pretty bad female managers who I think are just at the meets to get a date and flirt with their own team and any other. If you have a good manager, give 'em their kudos. It's a thankless job with no hope of medals at the end, but they work hard and must love their team, 'cause they sure don't do it for the pay. If you get a good one, male or female, you better hold on to 'em. Pat 'em on the back and tell them thanks once in a while. For the coach who made so many nice comments about your managers, thank you. I'm glad that someone recognizes their managers worth. Bless you!

Re: Managers? #24758 03/15/04 03:48 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Kck_kat....

Managers are the best, I'd be lost without them.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Managers? #24759 03/17/04 04:32 PM
ArMyOFone Offline
I'm the daughter that KCK_KAT responded about. I'm really glad to see that a lot of you responded with positive remarks about managers. I think for those of you who didn't say positive things, you suck. Maybe your managers suck to and thats why you think what you think, but don't stereotype all of us. I love my team like they're my own family and i feel loved right back. I just wanna thank my team for all the great times and say that i will miss my senior boys: Philip Hasty, Anthony Lopez, Josh Sitler, and Brandin Sandel.

Re: Managers? #24760 03/17/04 11:17 PM
iFeelFat Offline
i like hot managers in tight pants or little skirts. they don't really have to do anything but look pretty as far as I'm concerned, and for some thats a full time job. Hell, they don't even have to be managers, we just need hot chicks showing as much skin as possible to come to tourny's. what good is a sport that gives you HOURS of free time between compition if there is no beautiful women to stare at???

Re: Managers? #24761 03/20/04 03:26 PM
BluejayMidget Offline
I would have to say that the Norton Managers are some pretty hott girls!!

Re: Managers? #24762 03/22/04 01:39 AM
Old Boy Offline
Sprigg's sister is kickin'!

Re: Managers? #24763 03/22/04 02:30 AM
T
take_it_too_em Offline
T
Why you gots to go and do that wrestler06. not cool man

It's all in your mind. Yes or No, either way you decide what can be accomplished
Re: Managers? #24764 03/23/04 10:39 PM
Old Boy Offline
I'm sorry

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 142 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)