Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Stirling vs. Dukes #32738 02/19/02 08:24 PM
R
ryanphillips Offline
R
Hey wrestler4life, I was at that Bashor. That other kid is my cousin(Kyle Ingenthorn). For you saying Dukes wasn't wrestling his hardest, that makes no since at all. I was watching the match and it looked like he was wrestling with all he had. I will admit he was working kyle over at the start of the match. Kyle stayed with him and caught him just like Dukes caught Rush in the finals. The reason kyle took those time outs was because Dukes had his arm behind his back and then started pulling on it, he did this more than once. You do have a good point the match would have gone into overtime and who knows who would have won. I didn't think that the reffs where bad I think that they were calling good and even calls all weekend long.

Re: Stirling vs. Dukes #32739 02/20/02 05:12 PM
S
Static Offline
S
I understand where you are comming from I am not saying your cousin is not a good wrestler he obviously is and will be pretty awesome when he is junior or senior, but I know Dukes and he wasn't wrestling how Dukes wrestles towards the end of the match, but he did have a good fight.And About the arm thing when you're about to be put on your back and possibly pinned its not supposed to feel good. but he didn't need all the injury timeouts he took you can't expect not to feel pain when you are going up against the top wrestler in the state at 145 4a. And everyone can't say he was supposed to take firs or beat Dukes because he lost for 3 and 4, but don't get me wrong he is a good wrestler and I am not saying he is not. :rolleyes:

Re: Stirling vs. Dukes #32740 02/20/02 05:40 PM
B
Bubba Darks Offline
B
they are both good but I would put my money on Ross Taplin from Abilen.

Re: Stirling vs. Dukes #32741 02/20/02 05:48 PM
VS Vike coach Offline
Actually the match to watch might be the potential quarterfinal between Dukes and Wiscombe of Santa Fe Trail. Those two had a wild one in the KVL finals two weeks ago (Dukes won) and the potential rematch might be worth the price of admission. Wish I could see it from Hays.

Good dreams don't come cheap, you have to pay for them....
— Harry Chapin, 1976
Re: Stirling vs. Dukes #32742 02/20/02 05:49 PM
S
Static Offline
S
Yeah Okay, since he has been beaten by dukes and 2 other people. :p

Re: Stirling vs. Dukes #32743 02/20/02 08:45 PM
W
wrestler12 Offline
W
Yeah i agree. the potential rematch between wiscombe and dukes will be a dandy. yeah dukes has bea wiscombe twice but the first match coud have went either way and wiscombe had him beat the second match but dukes won only because of poor reffing. the third match between dukes and wiscombe will be a good one to watch. good luck to both guys!

Re: Stirling vs. Dukes #32744 02/21/02 12:49 AM
W
WrestlerJCW145 Offline
W
The two people that wiscombe got beat by were rush and taplin and they were both by a point. They are two very good wrestlers who are ranked high in the state. But I know that Wiscombe will be ready at state. and will give dukes all he has got.

Justin
Re: Stirling vs. Dukes #32745 02/21/02 02:44 PM
S
Static Offline
S
Bad reffing thats all people ever want to blame there loses on pick a new topic, and give Dukes the credit he deserves......... Let me guess all the other loses by one point were bad reffing also....Get real.

Re: Stirling vs. Dukes #32746 02/21/02 03:12 PM
O
old145 Offline
O
J Wiscombe is good, But he does stall a lot on his feet. All is does is block off.

Re: Stirling vs. Dukes #32747 02/21/02 03:22 PM
S
Static Offline
S
Thank you I thought I was the only one who seemed to notice that. I appreciate that. :p

Re: Stirling vs. Dukes #32748 02/28/02 10:25 PM
S
Scott Neil Offline
S
To MatRat
Re: Official and Basehor coaches.

I wanted to wait until the season was over before I addressed this issue, so that things would calm down a little.
I know that emotions are high and tempers flare in the course of a close match, but before you make any accusations about me, you should probably get your facts straight! Yes, one of the officials did attend the the seeding meeting and this is not unusual for a regional seeding meeting. I have been to several meetings where an official would sit in on the meeting or even run the meeting. And yes, I did talk to the official, but that doesn't mean I negotiated any deals with him or any other officials. Get real. If I had, then I need to work on my negotiating skills because my team finish fourth in the regional, not first. Just so you know neither of the officials for the match in question were from Basehor as some have stated, one was from Effingham, and the other official was from Topeka. So much for the home-town official conspiracy theory.
Crazy things happen in high school wrestling, we see it every year, and the match in question was one of them. I think that there was mistake in the scoring of the match also, I thought the match should have been tied myself. The official made the ruling and that is the way it stood. If you are questioning the the ability of the two wrestlers (145 lbs. Hayden---Basehor) then you need to look at their State Tournament finishes, enough said on that. As for you questioning my ethics or integrity, think again about the comments that you made. Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you that I have never operated unethically. Maybe you need to question your own integrity after the comments that you have made. My advice is that before you question the character of another coach, maybe you should question your own character. The comments that were made were pretty immature.

Sincerely
Scott Neil
Head Wrestling Coach
Basehor-Linwood High School

Re: Stirling vs. Dukes #32749 03/01/02 03:20 AM
VS Vike coach Offline
Scott:

Good for you. Unfortunately, knowing what you are talking about is not a requirement for leaving comments on this thing; if it were, most of these posts would never make it on here.
Congrats to you and Matt and rest of your kids on another great season from us up in the north part of the county!

Jeff Holmes

Good dreams don't come cheap, you have to pay for them....
— Harry Chapin, 1976
Re: Stirling vs. Dukes #32750 03/09/02 05:51 AM
W
Westfahl Offline
W
Just a point of information. I ran the seeding meeting at Bashor and there were no referee's in attendence until the end and that one was from park hill, mo. That was a real silly thing to say and had nothing to do with that match. I went over the scoring for that match myself and it was right. Might not have turned out the way you wanted it but it was right. The seeding meeting had nothing whatsoever to do with the outcome of that match.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 147 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)