I was very saddened to hear of the untimely death of former 1988 Sante Fe Trail grad Medford Logsdon. Med was a great fellow with a jovial personality, always with a smile on his face and hard to find a more kind-hearted genuine person. I attended Highland College with him in 89-90 and he was always a joy to be around. I had saw his late obit in the Topeka online newspaper

Medford E. Logsdon

ELBING - Medford E. Logsdon, 36, Elbing, died Tuesday, July 26, 2005, at Wesley Medical Center, Wichita. He was born Nov. 14, 1968, to Kimiko Arasaki and Richard Logsdon in Okinawa, Japan. He graduated from High School at Santa Fe High in Osage County and from Highland Community College, and obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree from Wichita State University. He loved photography and enjoyed sharing his photography with his many friends. He married Ann E. Hughes on March 10, 2000, in Wichita. Surviving are his wife, Ann E. Logsdon, three daughters, Brittani Williams, Elizabeth Logsdon and Marisa Logsdon, all of Elbing; his mother, Kimiko Logsdon; his father, Richard Logsdon; and two brothers, Donald Logsdon and Kevin Logsdon. He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Atha and Medford H. Logsdon, and Kiku and Karo Arasaki. Services were Saturday morning, July 30, at Meridian Baptist Church at Newton, and burial was at Hartford Cemetery. Pastor Jerroll Martens officiated. Memorials may go to to the Medford E. Logsdon Family Memorial at Midland Bank, Newton. Arrangements were by Broadway Colonial Funeral Home, Newton.
Published in the Topeka Capital-Journal from 8/2/2005 - 8/4/2005.
Guest Book • Funeral home info • Flowers • Charities
http://www.http://legacy.com/cjonline/LegacySubpage2.asp?=Lifestory&PersonalId=14724058 and wondered what had happened so I investigated further and although not a full link I discovered these details.
Newton photo editor killed in traffic accident

NEWTON - Medford Logsdon, photo editor of the Newton Kansan, has been killed in a traffic accident.The head-on collision late Tuesday afternoon was fatal to Logsdon, 36, of Elbing, and Joyce Hett, 65, of Marion, driver of the other vehicle. Hett was dead at the scene, and Logsdon died several hours later at Wesley Medical Center in Wichita.Harvey County Undersheriff Steve Bayless said Logsdon's minivan apparently drifted left of the

Published on July 29, 2005, Page 4B, Wichita Eagle, The (KS)

. He was 36 and left a wife and 3 young girls. I last saw Med this past Feb 2005 at the Kansas 3A State Wrestling Tourney as he was covering the event for the Newton Kansan newspaper were he was a Sports editor. He had also been to the Wichita Colisseum the day prior to cover the 4A-6A event. It did not surprise me to see him covering Wrestling and to provide its fair share of publicity as he was passionate about it and the friendships he made through it. He never made it onto a State podium as a competitor but treasured his involvement and the many frienships made through the sport none the less. He grew up as a youth in the Bob Cairns era who helped develop a love for the sport for many Carbondale-South Topeka (SFT)area youth. You'll be greatly missed Med. Kevin Calhoon