Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
When will the site get shut down? #45767 07/07/05 05:09 PM
LancerM Offline OP
OP Offline
Just put your guess in as to when the board will be gone forever!

When will the site get shut down?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/01/70 12:00 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Re: When will the site get shut down? #45768 07/07/05 05:23 PM
Mike Furches Offline
I would hope never gone forever. I think there are solutions to the concerns if people are willing to try them out. The big one I think is to add an IP Address to each post. While it won't solve all of the problems, it would solve many of them. And contrary to what many believe, stricter moderator follow through. I know many don't like this, yet, many will also know I enjoy the having fun part and that it is appropriate and I believe within the guidelines of promoting wrestling by promoting relationships. Yet certain things, have to be controlled, and people have to follow the rules of the board. I have been to many other boards, and have to say, that this is among the best in wrestling, and certainly the best state board. I would hate to see us loose it.

Re: When will the site get shut down? #45769 07/07/05 05:26 PM
TCarmona Offline
I think if you are in on the first page of the post directory you should have a password to a private VIP posting area. That would be sweeeeeeeet. Then furches could tell us all his real thought about the movies!

Re: When will the site get shut down? #45770 07/07/05 05:27 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
I would ask the owners of the forums to give us 24 hours notice before closing them so we can say our goodbyes.

Re: When will the site get shut down? #45771 07/07/05 05:30 PM
TCarmona Offline
With all the members we could get another one started and exclude members. Cheno instead of being a tag team founder you should found a board...........heheheh I said found a board. Okay never mind then!

Re: When will the site get shut down? #45772 07/07/05 05:44 PM
AfternoonDelight Offline
who owns t his forum?

You must be a magician cuz ur nuttin but a trick.
Re: When will the site get shut down? #45773 07/07/05 05:46 PM
TCarmona Offline
Your mama!

Re: When will the site get shut down? #45774 07/07/05 05:48 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
I must have missed it. Is there serious talk about getting rid of the boards????

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: When will the site get shut down? #45775 07/07/05 05:54 PM
chewbacca Offline
so will there be a pool set up on when this forum will be shut down?

if so, i want this sunday

Maybe you're not an ugly human, but a good looking ape.....with exceptional verbal skills.
Re: When will the site get shut down? #45776 07/07/05 06:33 PM
TCarmona Offline
I say till we drive them to the edge.......probably Nov.

Re: When will the site get shut down? #45777 07/07/05 07:08 PM
AfternoonDelight Offline
i doubt it takes that long but its just me.

You must be a magician cuz ur nuttin but a trick.
Re: When will the site get shut down? #45778 07/07/05 10:43 PM
M
mike fairleigh Offline
M
If it is true that the venue is being removed, it is too bad. I have met some really great people because of my becoming familiar with their character from what I have read here, and some that I would not like to meet. One has to select the topics that are of their interest, and ignore those remarks that grate on whatever level of tolerance that they have. Some folks will accept more than others, but in the end I have to agree with Furches-- the loss of this chance to express oneself and exchange ideas is the best forum that I know of, and the only one that I participate in. I look on the wrestling forum as sort of a big community wrestling practice room that is open 24-7 for anyone in the community to experiment with new ideas, strategies, etc. As long as no one comes in and tears stuff up or paints obscenities on the wall, the place can stay open and everyone that chooses to participate or watch can benifit. Alas, it appears that lately too many people have vandalised the practice room or used it for purposes it was never intended to facilitate. Because of a few individuals that have chosen to challenge a liberal censorship policy, the entire community that has come together so well when there have been crises of various sorts (I think of Tyler and Swayz, recently) is now in danger of losing the ability to communicate at a moment's notice. Possibly when those who have put the considerable effort into the creation and maintenance of this site decide that it has become too much of a monster to handle, the true gravity of the loss will sink in. As for others reviving a 100% tolerant, anything goes forum to replace this one, I believe that it will not ever see the light of a screen because of the incredible amount of work it is to create, and the fact that the lion's share of those that enjoy it as it is will not be interested in reading items of a personal or demeaning nature, which with no censorship will happen frequently , in my view. My utmost respect goes out to mr. Phillips and his collegues, and also my encouragement to continue to operate the forum, even as tough as it is sometimes. This is not meant as an attack toward the people that have brought this about by posting frequent items of questionable taste, demeaning or inflammatory comments toward others, etc. I just think it is a shame that a very small percentage of those that read this forum have brought this to the point that it is. My recommendation is that if another forum is to be created, if those who find this one to be a bit too stifling would just create a new forum now and vacate this one, then possibly everyone would be happy. As I said, none of this is meant to inflame anyone or group of folks, I just think that the gap in what is tolerable or in acceptable taste has become so wide that this forum is not capable of serving all.

Re: When will the site get shut down? #45779 07/08/05 12:05 AM
Mike Furches Offline
There are so many things that one could look at before shutting down the boards. I think Mike hits on some great points. I know that the High School wrestlers and those on this board in particular seem to get it.

I’ll never forget meeting some of the people on these boards face to face. There are those like TCarmona, I’ll never forget him talking about my daughter during the wedding and how if I ever saw him I would knock his head off. Then we finally met in Winfield and I felt a little sorry for him.

Then there was those involved in the tag team. You would never meet a bunch of nicer trophy stealing, rednecks anywhere. Those guys gave it up in the purest redneck way and it is something that I’ll never forget.

Meeting Richard Salyer for the first time. I didn’t know what to expect and was pleasantly surprised to find him cordial and friendly away from the mat.

The Swayz, that guy taught me more than I would ever want to know about chemo farts. I didn’t think I would ever care for a man who hit up on my wife and daughter. Then I realized he hits up on everybody’s wife and daughter, and anyone that resembles being female at all.

Alex Ryan and following him through the summer on his harvest exploits.

Curtis Chenoweth and having him go with me to Oklahoma to confront a guy and do some work. Having him there to watch my back and later on telling me that he wasn't worried about me and the guy, he was worried how he was going to pull me off of the guy.

I cold go on and on. There are people like Chief Renegade who I have just got to meet in the last few weeks. He and his son are …… Hey wait a second, maybe we should shut down the forums.

Of course I am just kidding. There are many others I would love to meet sometime. People like MAW who I have had several disagreements with, people like sportsfan02 who originally I had some disagreements with and have found myself agreeing with more and more lately. There are others, I would actually enjoy meeting people like Chris Jennings, even King James.

I have found that people that I don’t always agree with can become friends as well. I don’t think for example I could have disagreed more with anyone on anything than I originally did with Smokeycabin on the issue of 6 & Under at State. Since then we have become friends, gone to tournaments together, and he has had me as a guest at his house. Still welcomed me even though I accidentally broke a family photo. There are others like Gibby that have been to my church and I have had the joy of spending time with, watching his child start to grow up. Again, an individual where we had maybe a little conflict or disagreement at first.

There are people who are like family, such as the Edison's and I could go on and on and on .....

Even the dissention that is sometimes created is often overcome and I see that as a good thing. At least it has been for me, even with those that I find myself disagreeing with at times. That is a part of growing up and these forums seem to have helped a lot of us, even us older than we would like to admit crowd on these High School Boards. Guys and ladies, if the board ever does shut down and I don’t have the chance, it really has been nice getting to know all of you.

Re: When will the site get shut down? #45780 07/08/05 12:36 PM
TCarmona Offline
I just think that they need to see there is no wrestling going on. I often tell peoples parents that they should put them in any organized activity to keep them busy. Even if it isn't a sport. There is now wrestling to talk about so we just ramble. Not everyone makes it to see all the Fs/Gr meets.

Mr. Furches I do think after seeing Nates hair up in JC that you should do your beard the same. I thought it was funny that Jenni knew who I was before I even introduced myself. Well when and if it ends it was fun. If not then I have college to waste alot of time passing people with my posting skills

Re: When will the site get shut down? #45781 07/08/05 12:44 PM
Mike Furches Offline
After hearing Nate talk about how much his head hurt, I don't think so. He is actually thinking of doing it again for Fargo.

Re: When will the site get shut down? #45782 07/08/05 12:50 PM
TCarmona Offline
I don't know if you know them but when I first saw nate he looked a little like an old friend. John Ferrari from Derby. Kind of funny. I didn't see Nate wrestle when Maize went down there. Of course I didn't know about the mighty furches yet.

Re: When will the site get shut down? #45783 07/08/05 12:58 PM
B
bystander Offline
B
Quote:
Originally posted by TCarmona:
I just think that they need to see there is no wrestling going on. I often tell peoples parents that they should put them in any organized activity to keep them busy. Even if it isn't a sport. There is now (no?) wrestling to talk about so we just ramble. Not everyone makes it to see all the Fs/Gr meets.
There IS wrestling going on. There are dedicated wrestlers training right now as we speak for the BIG DANCE is coming in 2 weeks.
I value this board for the same reasons Furches has given though I never thought I would agree with him on anything, ever. Really.

Re: When will the site get shut down? #45784 07/08/05 01:22 PM
NurseKs Offline
When there are no set rules in any avenue of life..there is always the chance of someone coming along who has no sense of right or wrong or morals or values and cannot follow the basic unwritten rule of life...Treat others as you want to be treated..BE NICE. I don't care whether it is the off-season or not..there has been some basic crap on here that no one should have to try and decipher when visiting the site for the first time. WE do not own this site...WE who share and debate and down-right argue, all behind the right to express ourselves, do not put in the unpaid hours trying to monitor this site. Are there a written set of rules aka Code of Conduct from which we all can abide by? Treating others as you would want to be treated just isn't cutting it. I would suggest a Code of Conduct..if it is not something you want to follow then do not participate in this site and go elsewhere. If you feel you are being sensored...go elsewhere. If you get banned because you did not follow the rules..do not complain..go elsewhere. It's not about whether one can express themselves and share views and debate. It is not about censorship. It is about total disrespect and not honoring the basic reason this forum was created in the first place. Some posters keep going on and on about something we KNOW has no place on this forum and we feed into it by replying again and again instead of ignoring it, all to get our opinion read. This forum is not a right..it is a privilege.

Re: When will the site get shut down? #45785 07/08/05 03:08 PM
Mike Furches Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by bystander:
Quote:
Originally posted by TCarmona:
I just think that they need to see there is no wrestling going on. I often tell peoples parents that they should put them in any organized activity to keep them busy. Even if it isn't a sport. There is now (no?) wrestling to talk about so we just ramble. Not everyone makes it to see all the Fs/Gr meets.
There IS wrestling going on. There are dedicated wrestlers training right now as we speak for the BIG DANCE is coming in 2 weeks.
I value this board for the same reasons Furches has given though I never thought I would agree with him on anything, ever. Really.
What did I do?

Re: When will the site get shut down? #45786 07/08/05 03:35 PM
usawks1 Offline
In law enforcement, and I think society in general, there is a commonly held "fact." That is that 90% of enforcement takes place with 10% if the populace. It's has always been that way and I think, it always will.

Or as Mr. Spock and his pointy-eared race would ask, what it is good for the whole?

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 144 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)