Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Who's going where? #48427 04/11/02 03:25 PM
Coachjt Offline OP
OP Offline
I would like to know where some of these guys are going to College? If at all?

Doug Hoover
Bryce Bahe
Luke Metzler
Emery McReynolds
Travis Martin
Devin Schwartz
Jarod Vogel
Josh Carroll
Blake Seiler
Andrew Ubben
T.J Stabb
Trevor Charbonneau
Kyle Breese
Nick Chrisman
Mark Dugan
Matt Dukes

Re: Who's going where? #48428 04/11/02 03:31 PM
Coachjt Offline OP
OP Offline
How about?

Gabe Conaghan
Brad Riemann

Re: Who's going where? #48429 04/11/02 03:41 PM
L
Les Brown Offline
L
Information obtained from a media survey at the the 3-2-1A state tourney indicated that Ubben was planning to attend FHSU on a football / wrestling scholarship and that Staab would be attending Garden City Juco on a football / track scholarship. Charboneau's information at high school nationals indicated he was attending Nebraska-Kearney.

Plans could have changed since, but was the last known intention for those three.

Re: Who's going where? #48430 04/11/02 04:03 PM
G
GC_WRESTLING Offline
G
Reimann isn't planning on wrestling in college, and Gave Conahagen is going to attend MIssouri

Re: Who's going where? #48431 04/11/02 07:03 PM
S
Static Offline
S
I know dukes has had letters for both football and wrestling scholarships, but last I heard he was asked to sign with Iowa. on wrestling

Re: Who's going where? #48432 04/12/02 01:53 AM
H
HHS_Wrestler Offline
H
Thats not true hes not good enough to go to iowa

Re: Who's going where? #48433 04/12/02 02:28 AM
S
skunkkiller Offline
S
Hi this is Travis M, i have no preferences right now any any certan college, fhsu is interested and has made same offers, not good ones however, kinda offended, but also a couple of jucos in wymoing are calling, keeping my options open

Re: Who's going where? #48434 04/12/02 03:24 PM
S
Static Offline
S
Yeah okay , he is not going and he is not good enough, yeah maby you should join him when he goes for his visit on Wednesday 17. I know Kevin Pulliam will be joining him, oh and maby you should have been here when the coach came to his school to talk to him. And still who are you to say that he is not good enough for that college, do you know how many and what college in Iowa? There is more than one, and your abviously not a scout so how would you know who is good enough and who is not?

Re: Who's going where? #48435 04/13/02 12:27 AM
Prant Garker Offline
Static, if you were any dumber, you would have to wear a helmet. Dukes, a splendid wrestler he may be, is not going to attend Iowa University on a wrestling scholarship. Yes, there are many universities in Iowa, but you specified THE Iowa University. (Or is it U of I?) "Mayb" you should stop spending time on internet wrestling forums, because "abviously" you aren't spending enough time learning to put together basic sentences.

Re: Who's going where? #48436 04/13/02 08:43 PM
C
Casual observer Offline
C
There are two ways to handle almost anything that is said or done, the right way and the wrong way. I will let you decide which one of these areas the last comment falls under. Thanks.

Re: Who's going where? #48437 04/13/02 08:52 PM
T
therat325 Offline
T
This is Jared Vogel, I do not know where Dugan or Seiler are going, but they have recieved offers to wrestle. I am actually going to the Seminary. Kenny Brown is going there too. Devon is going to FHSU.

Re: Who's going where? #48438 04/15/02 01:39 PM
S
Static Offline
S
No actually I didn't say Iowa UNIVERSTIY I said Iowa, maby I should have been more specific when I posted, but maby people should haven't have been so eager to jump all over me. Dukes is going up to visit a college in IOWA FALLS IOWA.

Re: Who's going where? #48439 04/15/02 02:31 PM
J
jerry mcreynolds Offline
J
As it stands, Emery is going to Labette. Spend a year or two there. Hopefully he will continue to do well and transfer out to a larger colledge. He did have William Penn out of Iowa try to recruit him. I would like to have seen him go directly into a Divsion 1 or 2 colledge, but for now, at least this will put him closer to home and I will be able to catch more of his time on the mat.

Jerry McReynolds
Re: Who's going where? #48440 04/15/02 03:22 PM
K
kansas kid Offline
K
Maybe it is me or something, but there is a lot I do not understand when people are talking on here about kids going D-1 or 2. Especially when I here kids talking about going on to the next level. I also love it when recruits come in and think that they are going to jump right in take varsity and be an all american. Most of the kids going D-1 or D-2 will ride the bench in most cases. For example and not trying to make anyone mad, but look at these examples. Bo Maynes, and Dusty Spaulding. They both went on to what I consider some of the best colleges for wrestling in the country and they have had some success, and struggles in there career. They in my opinion r some of best that kansas has had to offer. Where do u people come off thinking that they r something special. Most of the kansas wrestlers r a dime a dozen. (including me) As for Dukes I think that he would have a better chance playing football. My friend beat him and wrestles with me at labette (a juco) and back and forth in the starting lineup. Not a d-1 or d-2. Most wrestlers will get burned out being a practice dummy at that level. Alos more kids experience winning at the juco level with a better chance of money and success after a juco into D-1 or D-2.

Aaron Meister

Always T.C.O.B.
Re: Who's going where? #48441 04/15/02 03:29 PM
J
jerry mcreynolds Offline
J
That's true. But I also want my son to get a good colledge education.

Jerry McReynolds
Re: Who's going where? #48442 04/15/02 04:08 PM
W
Westfahl Offline
W
Aaron;
You have such a low opinion of yourself and other Kansas wrestlers. I am sorry to see that. Kansas wrestlers are not a dime a dozen. The truth of it is that it is just tough for everyone at the DI level. There are three timers from Iowa and Oklahoma that sometimes do poorly and there have been a lot of Kansas guys do well at major schools. Bo isnt struggling at Oklahoma he is doing very well there. He was just nip and tuck with the fifth ranked guy in the country all year. He beat four ranked wrestlers this year so I think he is having a very successful career. None of you are "a dime a dozen" unless that is how you pigeon hole yourself. Sometimes kids from Kansas give Division I too much credit. They have two legs and two arms and they are doing the same moves that everyone else is doing. There is no imperitive that says a kid from some other state is inheritantly superior to Kansas wrestlers. Utah is not wrestling at the level as a state that Kansas is, but the Sanderson's have done fairly nicely. Good thing they didn't listen to the hype, huh.... You really ought to think better of yourself and your comrades.

Re: Who's going where? #48443 04/15/02 04:15 PM
B
bobphillips Offline
B
I think Labette is a place for a good Kansas wrestler to start. If a wrestler is good enough he will get recruited by a major college when he finishes his years at a juco. Allot of people thing that just because you go to a Juco you are not a very good wrestler. Labette goes to many tough open tournaments during the year. You will find out real quickly if you are a division 1 or two wrestler. College wrestling at the juco or D1 is tough and very demanding. I think that my son is getting a very good education at Labette and I would encourage more Kansas wrestlers to take a look at what our Kansas Jucos have to offer.

Re: Who's going where? #48444 04/15/02 04:23 PM
W
Westfahl Offline
W
Bob I think you are exactly right. Jody Thompson (is he still down there?) has been a friend of mine for a long time. The best part about Jody is that he is really honest with his wrestlers and does a great job at placing them where they should be in reality rather than an unrealistic destination. He is a great guy and a great coach and that is truly a great place for wrestlers to go. Very tough though make no mistake, but if it is going to be productive it has to be. I agree with you totally.

Re: Who's going where? #48445 04/15/02 04:26 PM
W
Westfahl Offline
W
By the way, as an old (very old) Broncbuster, I am still mad at Garden for dropping their program and I don't care how many silly excuses they make for it. My hat is off to Colby, Labette, and Neosho for filling that void a bit. There is no excuse for a western kansas school to drop wrestling and it still chaffes me.

Re: Who's going where? #48446 04/15/02 04:37 PM
J
jerry mcreynolds Offline
J
I met and talked with Coach reinfrow. I don't know if I spelt that right. If I didn't I appoligize. But I was very pleased with this coach. I met him at Cleveland and been on the phone with him and he won me over. He's looking forward to my son wrestling for them and I'm looking forward to it also.

Jerry McReynolds
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 111 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,383
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)