Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A few Crazy Things at State #53071 02/29/04 04:24 AM
rocknraider Offline OP
OP Offline
I was looking at the brackets and just wanted to point out a few things that i thought were shocking, unexpected or crazy.

1. Kenny Aubrey at 135lbs winning state!!
2. Caleb Galemore major decisioning JEREMY TERREL
in the finals. Im pretty sure Terrel has majored him 3 times prior to state....
3. Chris Jennings (crying for u inside) getting pounded by Adam Knipp in the finals.
4. Neil Erismen losing in the semis to Wiscombe.
5. How insanely hard and stacked 112 6A was. 4 state finalists in that bracket and only Tommy Edgemon prevails. Heinecker, Woodford, and Huck all settle for less than what they accomplished last yr. Not to mention 2x state champion, Heinecker takes 4th his senior yr!!
6. Zouzas's sad ending to a great high school career....
7. I knew that Cornego was good, but i didnt realize he was that good. He freaking pins the kid in the finals in 39 seconds, that sir is just gangsta.
6. Chino Elsrode not placing (3rd '03). I was really rooting for him and hope he wrestles college somewhere.
7. Chaz Hill not making it to the finals this yr.

With the power of Ra!
Re: A few Crazy Things at State #53072 02/29/04 03:10 PM
R
Rodney Sayers Offline
R
rocknraider,
I hate to correct you and it is really not in my best interest to do so, but...
Item number 5 is incorrect.
The bracket actually have 5 finalists, Sayers did not perform as well as expected, either.

Re: A few Crazy Things at State #53073 02/29/04 03:16 PM
V
vikes Offline
V
yeah gentry of west beat sayers 9-3(defending state champ 103). i would say being a defending champ and then going out early is crazy

Re: A few Crazy Things at State #53074 02/29/04 04:03 PM
Coachjt Offline
Defending State Champions that couldn't repeat?

Ross Devoe
Tim Sayers
Levi Eddie
Kelly Heincker
Jake Ashpole
Jeremy Terrell
Lucas Zouzas
Frank Jonas
Kyle Flory
Tony Lewis

ps. Jeremy Terrell was 6-0 vs. Galemore and had major dec. him 5 times.

He is now the poster boy for "Don't take anyone Lightly"

Re: A few Crazy Things at State #53075 02/29/04 04:37 PM
Dingbat Offline
How about..

-Nathan Retta making the finals and giving
Hererra a run for his money?
-Knipp getting a pre-finals haircut?
-Lee Woodford smiled no less than 4 times this weekend (a new record)?
-That Bedore/??? match in the finals?

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: A few Crazy Things at State #53076 02/29/04 04:49 PM
Prant Garker Offline
What about...

1. Boach Clack and MayD Ayes picking Mancuso over Garcia in finals?
2. No Russell Washington to do weird hair styles?
3. Hat Town winning handily, without three potential finalists at 125, 135 and 152?
4. Norton winning the team title in OT thanks to a fat guy? I bet no one left before that was over...
5. Vinny Gay not running the tables to claim his first ever state title, as I predicted one year ago?

Re: A few Crazy Things at State #53077 02/29/04 05:11 PM
chewie Offline
some things that i saw or made me mad

Something that made me mad was how crappy the program/bracket was. They put last years 215 4a bracket in there instead of this years. morons. then you have the usual misspellings of names only about twice as much.

Bedore throwing Lewis is a lateral drop when the match was tied at 3 in the 3rd period.

Cornejo sticking Zouzas (if you see some of my other posts i picked zouzas to win). I have a new respect for Cornejo after seeing that.

Scott City on Saturday. 8th to 1st. It seemed that in the first two rounds on saturday every time you looked up there was a Scott City kid wrestling, then sticking his kid. They definately proved that numbers can win a state title. Congrats to them. Also Manhattan or Turner didn't have a champ and they won team titles also. Congrats to them. No state champions for any of the team champs.

The 112 lb. finals. First DeShazer throws Wasson in a headlock and pins him, then a few seconds later Edgemon throws Almanger in a headlock and pins him, then a few seconds later Wall throws Mundy in a headlock and holds him there for awhile but time ran out. That would have been really weird for all three kids to pin their guys with headlocks all in the same period. anybody else notice that.

Another weird thing was me losing my checkbook and the colleseum mispronouncing my name over the loudspeaker.

Some of the good matches.
Devoe Bahe
Erisman Wiscombe
Bedore Lewis
Deeds Ortiz
Metcalf Wiscombe
Kriegbaum Garcia
Payne Steinmetz

Sorry, was mainly watching 4a

Two double overtime matches in 4a

How Terrell got "manhandled" by Galemore

Congratulations to Clay Center for a good season and taking 6th place with only 3 guys placing. Congrats to Grater for his second title and Marrs bars for his first. I think I added it up and Clay has 69 state points returning next year. Curious of what everybody else has in 4a.

Ted Long

Re: A few Crazy Things at State #53078 02/29/04 07:17 PM
rocknraider Offline OP
OP Offline
Rodney Sayers-
I forgot about ol' Timmmmmmy. 5 finalist and only one makes it back to the finals, meanwhile a freshmen takes the other spot. Just nutty nutty stuff.

Anyone know how Terrel got beat by Galemore that badly? Was it that Terrel was sick, injured, getting thrown a few times, or just flat out got dominated?? Someone please explain

With the power of Ra!
Re: A few Crazy Things at State #53079 02/29/04 08:01 PM
boach_clack Offline
MMMM.....

-How about Dingbat giving Prant play-by-play of the Herrera/Retta match?
-How about the fact that 40% of the fans at state did not stick around to watch Bedore wrestle some really huge kid that almost beat him
-How about Salina South HWT who did not wrestle in Leauge but made it to the state finals
- How about I thought Kriegbaum and Taplin were gonna eat the opponents in the state finals instead of wrestle them

"Water is wet, rocks are hard, and wrestling is tough."

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Coach Vieyra), 90 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)