Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Kreigbaum beat #53165 02/23/04 03:33 PM
K
kansas123 Offline
K
wrestlerette5
Yeah there is something wrong with Jake! His unsportsmanlike behavior! I can't count the times I've seen him and he's come after opponents after or during the match and gave "that extra little shove" etc. He is a very good wrestler, but all the extracurricular activities are uncalled for and have not a thing to do with wrestling.
That's what's wrong with Jake! He needs to clean up his act and work on beeing a better person.

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53166 02/23/04 04:17 PM
chewie Offline
Ok, cue everybody coming to Kriegbaums defense.

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53167 02/23/04 05:19 PM
D
daboom Offline
D
Kriegbaum must have beat them, beat their son, beat their friend, stole his girl friend, who knows.
Alittle confused about all the crap. Watched him wrestle over the years. Never have seen any of it.
I think the display of sportsmanship shown Saturday nite by him after losing is a great example of his true self. Those who know him know this, those who don't assume things that they hear and read.
One of the goals that he has worked for all these years has been reached, a quality education at one of the top schools and division I wrestling.
Way to go Jake!

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53168 02/23/04 07:16 PM
W
wrestlerett05 Offline
W
All you people just need to quit talking **** on Jake!!! Hes a Bad@$$!! Just because he lost 1 match doesn't mean that hes done wrestling.. It just makes him prepare more for STATE!!!! More Determined.. He will win state theres no questions about it.. Good Golly, the poor boy was sick in the final match!! Hes going to win so you might as well quit talking about it, cause the next thing you all are going to be talking about is how he WON state!!!! WE LOVE YOU JAKE!!! KICK ***!!!!

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53169 02/23/04 07:18 PM
W
wrestlerett05 Offline
W
All you people just need to quit talking **** on Jake!!! Hes a Bad@$$!! Just because he lost 1 match doesn't mean that hes done wrestling.. It just makes him prepare more for STATE!!!! More Determined.. He will win state theres no questions about it.. Good Golly, the poor boy was sick in the final match!! Hes going to win so you might as well quit talking about it, cause the next thing you all are going to be talking about is how he WON state!!!! WE LOVE YOU JAKE!!! KICK ***!!!!

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53170 02/23/04 10:05 PM
B
buhlerwrestling Offline
B
I dont know happened could somebody please fill me in. I have seen him wrestle and he is good but why is everybody talking crap. I am not going to say one thing or another because anything can happen on any given day. But good luck to everyone at state and somebody please fill me in on what happened to Jake in the finals at regionals.

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53171 02/23/04 10:19 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
This year is the first year in several years that Abilene did not participate in the Circle Tournament, and in the past I have had the opportunity to watch Jake in our gym on three (3) occasions. I also have watched Jake at the KSHSAA State Tournament for three (3) years and at USAWA Kansas Kids State Championships for numerous years.

I have never witnessed poor sportsmanship or any behaviour which I would classify as detrimental to his school, club, or family.

After Jake kicked my son(s) butts, he was a good sport. I have witnessed on many occasions Jake offer a hand to a competitor to assist him to his feet after the match. Wrestling is a physical sport, and I have never seen Jake overzealous in his attempt to win.

I would sure be proud to have Jake Kriegbaum on my team.

Kindly, stop the bashing.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Kreigbaum beat #53172 02/23/04 10:19 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Everyones talking crap because they are jealous of his sucess and they want to pretend like they were perfect angels when they lost a match. Furthermore they are probably older people than him that don't have what it takes to wrestle anymore and are still living in a dream world where they think they know everything about wrestling while all the time sittin on the sidelines not coaching or officiating. Im sorry about my rant. I have no reason to defend Jake because he is not my friend but he is part of the Abilene wrestling community and I beleive he represents it very well. Although as a coach/official I don't condone unsportsmanlike acts when somene who hasn't lost in three years gets beat and is upset I definatly understand. Anyway no one on this forum has any reason to talk on Jake unless your accolades are better than his, and to my knowledge there isn't anyone on here that has.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Kreigbaum beat #53173 02/23/04 11:07 PM
P
Powerlion Offline
P
So basicily you are saying that if you are a good or even great wrestler you can be unsportsmanlike because u have the right??? i would have to disagree why should better wrestlers get any special treatment from anyone. It doesnt sound like you are defending him but more like you have a "man crush" on him...

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53174 02/23/04 11:08 PM
W
Wiscombe Offline
W
Kansas 123, you worry way to much about sportsmanship. You know there is such a thing called good physical hard nosed wrestling. And I take you didn't like it when someone got tough with you in a match (If you wrestled). I think you spend to much time on here cutting people down. So what he got beat, I didn't see any sign of unsportsmanship at all. He took it like a man and I guarantee you that it won't happen again.

Justin Wiscombe
Re: Kreigbaum beat #53175 02/23/04 11:53 PM
chewie Offline
I think some people get confused. Abilene by nature wrestles aggressive, especially at the beginning of the match, and it may look like bad sportsmanship, but I don't think it is. That is where I think some people might get confused. Not only Kriegbaum, but Taplin wrestles kind of like this also. You could tell Saturday that some people didn't like his style because he got booed in his home gym before finals introductions (really weird). I have watched some of these Abilene wrestlers quite a bit and have very very rarely seen any bad sportsmanship.

Also I had a question. I think Jake lost twice his freshman year, once at regionals to Hinderliter. I was trying to remember the other time. Could somebody help me out?

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53176 02/24/04 12:03 AM
cody bell_dup1 Offline
He lost to marcus andrade at the clay center tournament freshman year 2001.

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53177 02/24/04 02:27 AM
Nigel Isom Offline
Chewie has a point, to call Abilene wrestlers unsportsmanlike is crazy. Sure it happens every now and then but not very often. Coach Christner would never and I mean never allow it. I remember back in my junior year after I lost my only match that year I was absolutly irate, and Coach Christner had to calm me down and let me know just how unacceptable it was even though I was off where no one could see me. The point is powerlion I was saying its not okay to be unsportsmanlike just because you are good. What I was saying is that sometimes our emotions get teh best of us especially when you are not used to losing. And to classify someone as unsportsmanlike becuase of 1 isolated case is dumb. If you want real examples of unsportsmanlike wrestlers you need to use names like Knox, Rhodes, and Bradley. I don't mean to walk all over these names but I mearly wanted to note the difference.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Kreigbaum beat #53178 02/24/04 03:38 AM
K
Kirk Wiscombe_dup1 Offline
K
kansas 123, you talk out of both sides of your mouth! Sportsmanship! How about you try some on this forum. Running down kids is not good sportsmanship. Perhaps you should try checkers or dance. Something a little less violent! I don't think you have the stomach to watch the competitiveness come out in these kids. You ran down Wiscombe for something that never happened and now your running down one of Kansas's greats. I was at mat side and both Garcia and Jake handled themselves with great sportsmanship. Jake stood there on the stand til the last camera flashed. Shook hands, the hole bit. I didn't see anything, notta, that even suggested that he was unsportsman like. So, in short, why don't you take some of your own advice! I hope Jake or Ross never change anything they do cuz they epitomize the sport of wrestling. You continually mistake great competiveness for being unsportsman. Try some of your own words of wisdom! Happy wrestling, Kirk

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53179 02/24/04 06:15 AM
chewie Offline
Ok, thanks Cody. I remember now.

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53180 02/24/04 02:43 PM
RJW Offline
It is really too bad that people on this forum would rather trash an outstanding wrestler like Jake rather than talk about a great match and a huge win for the young Cole Garcia. The reason that this was such a huge moment for Cole is because he beat one of the greatest wrestlers in Kansas history. Jake handled himself very well in the loss as far as I saw and I have never thought Jake handled himself poorly after any of his wins either.

I have nothing against Abilene or any of their wrestlers or coaches and I really enjoy watching their physical style of wrestling. I have the nothing but respect for their program, coaches, and wrestlers.

So lets pay a little respect to Cole Garcia for a great win and stop using this opportunity to talk trash on Jake and Abilene.

Nigel- I must say that in my opinion, your comments and your refusal to ever give anyone credit that is not from Abilene may cause a little of this anti-Abilene attitude on this forum. I have not let your comments ruin my opinion of Abilene because I think that many of your comments and your overall attitude on this forum are probably an embarrassment for many of the people associated with Abilene Wrestling. I do not know you personally, but I do feel your forum comments and attitude are not always in good taste and a little hard to appreciate. This is not an attack on you, Nigel, because I am sure you are a great guy, but you do not come off that way on this forum.

Rick Williams
Colby High School
Re: Kreigbaum beat #53181 02/24/04 02:59 PM
BigPin22 Offline
pretty well put Mr. Williams!!!!!

"Stats are for losers. Final scores are for winners." Bill Belicheck
Re: Kreigbaum beat #53182 02/24/04 03:42 PM
U
ufc Offline
U
seeing jake lose would be one of my favorite things to watch nothhin personal just fun watching an underdog win like cole

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53183 02/24/04 04:36 PM
Computerized Shoes Offline
What WAS the Score of the match? the laydown?

Taggin' for Tyler
Re: Kreigbaum beat #53184 02/24/04 05:22 PM
Dingbat Offline
Internet-Five, RJW.

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 175 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)