Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56591 02/03/06 05:02 AM
C
Coach Knox 61 Offline
C
Coach Lemon which one of your wrestler got shot? I didn't hear anything about it.

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56592 02/03/06 05:12 AM
C
CoachEd Offline
C
I know for a fact that ksbevo is Mitch's grandfather. I also know he has named the Edison's wrongly on other websites. I have mostly always agreed with him and respected him until now. If you have a problem with what happened tonight---take it up with Prichard not my son. My son was ready to wrestle. That was obvious. He has also NEVER said anything about Mitch and I DARE you to prove it. I DARE you to prove that he has even been on this website. Jordan did say that he and Mitch talked personally and they agreed to meet at the dual. Anyone that could see my face during the forfeit could see that I was not happy for him to take the forfeit. Unfortunately, in HS I have absolutely no say.

Ms. Jenni

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56593 02/03/06 05:16 AM
C
CoachEd Offline
C
BTW--the score was 48-23 BC.

The 23 was a fall for Rogers at 103, a fall for Little Edison at 145, a technical superiority for Big Edison at 215 and a fall for Jessen at HWT.

Ms. Jenni

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56594 02/03/06 05:38 AM
M
Mr. Happy Offline
M
I dont think any kid especially these two who are both ranked and have schools only a couple of miles from each other would duck one another. What I dont understand is the coaching move to take the forfiet, I believe a pin and a forfiet equal the same amount of points. Besides the fact that arnold is just back from an injury, I hate to second guess a coach but I would have put Edison out there. when we put posts on this site we should not in any way demean one of these high school kids. If you are a parent you shouldnt put anything on here that would upset you if it where your child as the subject.

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56595 02/03/06 05:42 AM
C
CoachEd Offline
C
Mr. Bevo,

This is the older Edison brother, and I would quite frankly like to set the record straight. My brother has never said to me that he would easily beat Mitch and I am definately sure that he never said that to Mitch. If anything he is one of the humblest wrestlers I know, despite me and my father's expectations. Earlier in the season, all 3 of us along with Kyle Detmer, were talking at a NW vs. CARROLL basketball game. After the game we were just messing around and talking a little trash. Both Mitch and Jordan said that each one would win and that they wanted to wrestle each other. Mitch even had the nerve to say he would beat me, so I really didn't take the conversation that seriously. I figured that we would just go on and forget about it, but since you want to bring it up then I just wanted to clear some things up. I am just waiting to see them wrestle at City League.

P.S.
How can you say his city league record is "tarnished"? If you already knew that it was Prichards doing, then Jordan's name should not have even been mentioned.

P.P.S.
Thanks Mr. Gaither for having Jordan's back.

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56596 02/03/06 05:49 AM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
I see nothing wrong with bumping. The way I was coached, it's the coaches job to put the team in the best position to win on dual nights. If that meant bumping up to get better match ups, then that's what was done. Saturday's are when you wrestle for your own independant success, because independant success leads to team scores. Personally I think it's more selfish not to bump up if that will give your team a better chance at winning. The coach's job is to win, and to do everything they can to do that. If the coach has a better chance to win by moving some guys around, then that's what needs to be done. But that is all just my opinion.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56597 02/03/06 06:02 AM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
And bevo, I seriously doubt an Edison would duck anybody (unless of course it's during the match and a sweet duck under is hit). Wait for the results of the possible match up at the league tourney, then talk your talk.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56598 02/03/06 07:42 AM
K
ksbevo Offline
K
Mr. Gaither I stand by my post. Read it again.
I do apologize to Jordan, I meant for the remark as a relection on Coach Prichard. Jordan was following his Coaches instructions.Mr Edison
and Mrs`Edison,yes I misidentified you in a post. You do remember the compliment about how good of a job you were doing with your boys. There was no animosity directed to you was there?
Curtis this goes back to something you are not privey to. You were not there, Read the Edisons post

Darrell K. Royal a man of honor.
Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56599 02/03/06 12:50 PM
Mike Furches Offline
I have known the Edisons since I have lived in Kansas. In some ways, they are the closest thing to family that my family has here. Maybe I am biased by how well we have gotten to know them over the years, but Jordon loves to wrestle. I would like to personally thank Ksbevo for likely getting him a little ticked off here at the end of the season. This is something that will likely only help him. On the other hand, how anyone can put any blame on a kid like Jordan is beyond me. Ksbevo, if you didn't mean to insult Jordan, there is an edit button that will allow you to change the content of your post. I as well have respected what you have said in the past, but what you said here is either wrong, or just comes out that way. Both boys earned 6 points for their team last night it lookos like they did all they could do despite where they were at. I don't see that as being such a bad thing. Jordan, know that those of us who know you, know you wouldn't duck anyone.

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56600 02/03/06 12:54 PM
Mike Furches Offline
Ksbevo, a good start with the apology. It is nice to know that some people on these forums can give an apology when one is due.

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56601 02/03/06 01:26 PM
W
W. Heights AD Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Quote:
Originally posted by ksbevo:
Coach Chruch,
I just saw something that floored me. Mr. Pritchard just pulled a stunt,During the Bishop Carroll - Nothwest Dual.Mitch was supposed to wrestle Edison (140#). Mitch checked in ,then Pritchard signaled forfit. The next match at 145,
Edison wrestled 145 and won. Edison, your record in City league is tarnished for ducking Mitch. I
know it is not your fault,but I remember you said you could take him, that was your chance to prove if you were better than him. Coach are you sending a message that you had no faith in your wretler? Coach Prichard you thought it was funny. This only shows your pettiness and you know what I am talking about.
Bevo,
HMMMM, I will have to say I don't see much of a difference in what Prichard did by bumping Edison and what Finkeldi did in bumping Mitch against us. I don't think anybody was ducking anyone, Fink and Prich were just doing what they had to do for their teams. In both cases the bump got a fall at 145 that they may not have gotten in the first place. I guess six is the name of the game. I know there is a history between Jordan and Mitch, but they have plenty of time to wrestle each other. LOL.. I'll set it up at my place after season if you really want! haha! The lesson learned here should be, "Take care of it on the mat when the RIGHT TIME comes". I believe next week is a tournament where they can meet if they both take care of business T.C.O.B. Good luck!

My only point is I don't like bumping. However, after thinking about it, I can never rule it out. But I just don't see it happening in the near future for me. We are going to be 7-1 this year in the GWAL. However, I am proud of that 7-1 because we stood firm in our line-up against B.C. Remember this.... in the end... "It's All About The Story"

Coach Church

"Well spoken words have great value, but hard work has it's own rewards"
Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56602 02/03/06 01:28 PM
C
CoachEd Offline
C
One more thing and I am done. If it was meant for Prichard then it should have been addressed at Prichard and you shouldn't have taken a cheap shot at my kid. If he was a"ducker" then the second number in his record would be "0".

Ms. Jenni

You can leave Mr. Edison out of this because he was sound asleep and as anyone knows...he seldom even gets on this site.

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56603 02/03/06 05:30 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Once again, it is not the coaches responsibility to set up key matches for the benefit of the fans. It is the coaches responsibility to put the team in the best position to win the DUAL, not any particular match. That is part of the job description of the coach. Wrestling may be an individual sport but in HS competition, especially duals, you are representing your school. Sorry, but the team comes first. In fact, it is irresponsible for a coach not to put the TEAM in the best position to win. Good post from Chenowith.
I do not know anything about any conversations and I do not care, that is irrelevant. But, I do know that the Edisons would never run from anyone.
And Bevo, good for you for giving Edison an apology, but now you owe one to Pritchard. The nerve of you saying what some other coach should do.
I know that if my team lost a dual because I did not make a "bump" that would have won it for us, I would feel like ...., I would feel stupid and I would feel like I let my team down.
Now, if all of you righteous people want to hate on me go ahead because my view on this will never change.
And, when I coached in Oklahoma, our team lost the dual state championship because the other team bumped on us. At the time, it really sucked, but if it would have won it for us, I would have done the same thing.
And Knox, it was Cheek.

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56604 02/03/06 05:47 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Chenoweth, Prichard

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56605 02/04/06 12:14 AM
W
wrestlingusa08 Offline
W
Quote:
Originally posted by ksbevo:
Coach Chruch,
I just saw something that floored me. Mr. Pritchard just pulled a stunt,During the Bishop Carroll - Nothwest Dual.Mitch was supposed to wrestle Edison (140#). Mitch checked in ,then Pritchard signaled forfit. The next match at 145,
Edison wrestled 145 and won. Edison, your record in City league is tarnished for ducking Mitch. I
know it is not your fault,but I remember you said you could take him, that was your chance to prove if you were better than him. Coach are you sending a message that you had no faith in your wretler? Coach Prichard you thought it was funny. This only shows your pettiness and you know what I am talking about.
145--Arnold, BC, def. Patrick, (<
wow...i didnt know mitch wrestled 145...

ooo

wait a second...

thats wat i thought...

he ducked out. and his record is now tarnished.

annd wat what Prichard has done at NW in the past 4 years is unbeilvable. The worst team in the state to a potential top 3 finish this year??? remarkable coaching. One of the best in the buisness.

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56606 02/04/06 12:14 AM
M
Mike Church Sr. Offline
M
I would like to see a bracket with city league coaches (GWAL) only and settle this discontent once and for all!! How will we seed this bracket,what two kids will we have coaching, and who will win the bracket. Winner gets a free pitcher at the Victory. :-)

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56607 02/04/06 01:56 AM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Wouldn't not bumping to win a dual, be the equivalent of a ******ball coach leaving his best freethrow shooters on the bench during the final seconds of a close game?

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56608 02/04/06 02:15 PM
M
Mike Church Sr. Offline
M
sportsfan02, if all you care about is winning,(AND THATS ALL I CARE ABOUT) then you are exactly right. I think the most important thing is winning the dual, I don't care about the kids whatsoever so long as i can brag about my team winning. I'll do anything to win. DON'T EVER COMPARE BASKETBALL TO WRESTLING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! Thats like comparing wennies to steak. :-) ahhh i feel better

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56609 02/04/06 02:44 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Church Sr.:
I don't care about the kids whatsoever so long as i can brag about my team winning.
The kids can't brag instead of you? Funny, but I've never visited a school where they had plaques/trophies for the losers.

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56610 02/04/06 08:55 PM
K
ksbevo Offline
K
Coach Church,
Were you not notified about the bump before the match. Plus didn't BC put a jv wrestler out to wrestle. The jv wrestler pinned your 140. Mitch ducked someone he pinned in a previous match aginst South. So he ducked someone he pinned to wrestle your varsity 145. hmmmmmmm Lets see nw forfieted and didn't give a wrestler off the JV a chance. BC at 145 started a JV wrestler and Mr Pritchard opted to wrestle the JV because it gave his team a better chance to win. yeah yeah thats it, a map to success. Mrs Edison the apology was to your entire family it said Coach Ed , I addressed it to the name on the Post.
Mr Fruches I will not give an apology to Mr Prichard. I have no problem bumping to win a match or a tourney. but if you people can say that was a move to win , you are not being honest. Explain to me , I am willing to listen or excuse me , read you reply. The thing is Prichard was laughing.

Darrell K. Royal a man of honor.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Derek Patterson), 220 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,950
Posts250,386
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)