Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tag Team Tournament #58017 03/27/05 08:47 PM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline OP
OP Offline
B
There has been a mention of a Tag Team Tournament held at Circle High School in the very near future. You would either have to buy a USA wrestling card ($30) or a 1 day provisional ($10). The cost of the tournament would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $40-$50. The teams would be 3 people, such as the exhibition at the Kid's State Tournament. The two teams that competed at the State Tournament will be there as they are, #1 & #2 seeds respectfully (Depending on further review of the results). If you support this idea, or would like to enter, leave some feedback so we can get the ball rolling on this.

Alex

Ouscoring Oldschoolers #3

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58018 03/27/05 09:34 PM
Chase Offline
I'd get a team toghther to rue the day

Hey Butt-Head what did people do before they invented TV?
Don't be stupid Beavis there's always been TV, there's just more channels now.
Oh yeah, heh heh hehe... progress is cool. Heh hehe heh
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58019 03/27/05 09:53 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
I do not believe USA Wrestling will grant an official "Sanction" to this type of event.

Without the insurance protection provided by the sanction, I highly doubt any school district will provide use of their facilities for this type of free for all activity.

The possible liability to the district from injury to any participant is too great to run the risk.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58020 03/27/05 10:07 PM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
It's not really a free for all activity. In my opinion this is just as intense as one on one wrestling. It's just got a couple of different twists to it. And it's funner to watch.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58021 03/27/05 10:08 PM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
And I think it would be a great idea if we had a clinic the same day. It would help draw a bigger crowd. And raise more money.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58022 03/27/05 10:26 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Quote:
Originally posted by RichardDSalyer:
I do not believe USA Wrestling will grant an official "Sanction" to this type of event.

Without the insurance protection provided by the sanction, I highly doubt any school district will provide use of their facilities for this type of free for all activity.
I do believe they allowed us to do this at the Kid's State Tournament, although it was already happening and Sanctioned, I believe there is enough support to get this approved. Mr. Koranda had said Circle was more than gracious enough to host it barring it could get insurance, and I think that USA Wrestling Kansas will pull through and allow us to do this, but who knows after the struggle to get it at State.

This is a free for all? We put on a show at State on purpose, it's actually pretty intense but not quite as Folkstyle and Freestyle but not WWE. It was very civilized and I believe that in a tournament only the finals maybe like our match was, the rest would be regular matches, down to earth and all about wrestling not show, but the finals would be something else.

Mr. Salyer you may be correct, but the support shown for us at State may prove otherwise.

Alex

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58023 03/27/05 11:16 PM
Computerized Shoes Offline
There was a crazy amount of support. I do believe this event, although absolutely hilarious and enlightening, was a very serious one and was well represented by the few that took part. The event as a whole well organized, thought out and gave a great outlook on the future of tag team wrestling.

Taggin' for Tyler
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58024 03/27/05 11:22 PM
Shane Koranda Offline
FYI...

All I can do is ask. There's no charge in finding out if a facility can be used, if the USA Wrestling Insurance will cover such event, etc.

WE ARE SIMPLY IN THE RESEARCH PHASE and nothing more...course there is a need for such a thread to see if there would be enough response before moving forward. It's would be foolish to get a facility, mats, officials and only have 3-4 teams show.

Good idea to start this thread Bronco and we'll see what happens - NO GUARENTEES

Shane Koranda
Towanda, Ks.
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58025 03/28/05 12:07 AM
Nightengale Offline
Alex

Pending a date, I'm sure I can put together at least one team from the Gray Co. Area.

What about weight restrictions? I realize you're scrappy, but lets fact it, having little guys mixed in w/ the big made for little more than scoring opportunities.

Also, mandatory wig use by at least one team member? Think about it.

Courtney Nightengale
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58026 03/28/05 12:12 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Weight? Stealing one from Gossett Schmeight.... You gotta have an average weight....2 big guys 1 little guy? I didn't mind and I don't think anyone did, I did some scoring and yes gave up soem points but it's hard not to give up some points in that style. You can't make up a team, you're already on a team, the Terrific/Terrible Three.....so you can get your buddies to make one up, but yes Mandatory Wig use by at least one member..... We will have a meeting decide on mandatory rules for sure

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58027 03/28/05 03:47 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
A lot of rules would have to be refined to cut back on some of the "horse play". I think if we tweak the rules a bit more and make it pure wrestling then it would be great. We could still have the Entertainment Tag (like the Globtrotters showboating team) and make it a bit more fun at venues such as state.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58028 03/28/05 03:52 AM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
Thats a great idea. The two original teams could travel through the country doing tag team wresting exhibitions. Maybe not the country, but at least the state. We could publicize it a lot, charge so much for admission and stuff, and put it all into the fund. Then in the process we would be promoting the tournament.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58029 03/28/05 03:53 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Count me in, I'd love to help

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58030 03/28/05 04:16 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Curtis Chenoweth:
Thats a great idea. The two original teams could travel through the country doing tag team wresting exhibitions. Maybe not the country, but at least the state. We could publicize it a lot, charge so much for admission and stuff, and put it all into the fund. Then in the process we would be promoting the tournament.
Do it during an intermission for tournaments throughout the state, especially kids/middle school to let them know wrestling can be fun too. Just cover gas money and give us money to split for food/lodging and I'm in!

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58031 03/28/05 04:18 AM
B
OP Offline
B
I'd love to help out....I'd be willing to travel a little to help w/ this, but this summer I will be gone with my job and can't help, but we've got 2 months of fun having.....

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58032 03/28/05 11:52 AM
M
mike fairleigh Offline
M
So far it sounds like a pretty good deal, Possibly if the USA guys would not go for it we could talk to some of the Oklahoma guys about how they set up an event, I always appreciated going there and not having to spend money besides what was actually charged for the event. I believe that they have events all summer, as well, not sure. I think that whomever is approached about having the event, needs to have their point of view respected. No one is owed the privilege of appearing at any sanctioned event, and I believe it would be proper to approach the sponsors or administrators of the events before too many plans are made. I am not trying to be pessimistic here, but it must be kept in mind that if USA wrestling is the vehicle of participation that we desire to use, we should not promote our desired program until we have permission to compete. ours is a different venue,And may be a bit difficult to establish at first, but insurance and liability issues are much easier to work out if the Sanction guys are on board with us, and not feeling as though we are trying to force feed ourselves upon them. I use the terms "our" and "we" because I have funded one of the participants since the first one, and have been very positively impressed with the change in attitude that my young man has acquired since participating in a cooperative effort with some of his (at times) more heated adversaries. That is a part of the tag team venue that I have not seen expressed, but it it the best one from my view, It gives the competitor a little different viewpoint of guys that are usually encountered in a more hostile environment, and it has enabled my son to look at his competitors in a bit more of a family view. This is a type of sport that could go or grow, but the interaction of competitors has been really a plus for my son and I. By the way, I was staying a few doors away from Gosset, Alex, and Denis, and suggest that their activity was not too bad.

Re: Tag Team Tournament #58033 03/28/05 12:28 PM
I like to travel....just ask Denis and Alex .

Taggin' for Tyler
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58034 03/28/05 01:38 PM
wrestler17105 Offline
i'll be there in a heart beat and if anyone needs a place to stay i live about 10 miles from circle. so let me know.

Everyone needs an inspiration like Tyler. He fought harder than anyone ever has on a wrestling mat and it was for his life.
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58035 03/28/05 03:17 PM
Shane Koranda Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Sweazy:
A lot of rules would have to be refined to cut back on some of the "horse play". I think if we tweak the rules a bit more and make it pure wrestling then it would be great. We could still have the Entertainment Tag (like the Globtrotters showboating team) and make it a bit more fun at venues such as state.
Keep in mind, if we'd do an actual tourney there would be no horseplay call such as the many ones I made Sat.

All wrestling would be "serious" and the calls would be accordingly. I made silly/dumb/horseplay calls simply for entertainment purposes...right thing to do? Who knows.

I have got the rules basically established and there would be a Foundation meeting between the Commish, me and the original founders to est. specific rules...

Shane Koranda
Towanda, Ks.
Re: Tag Team Tournament #58036 03/28/05 05:11 PM
You forgot to include that the official rules meeting shall include none other than the great "Computerized Shoes."

Taggin' for Tyler
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 128 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,943
Posts250,375
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)