Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64861 01/02/05 04:51 PM
A
acbulldog Offline OP
OP Offline
A
show were all the power is ark city didn't even strt wrestling till 1960 st francis like 1940 and we still have a better resume team wise, and when's the last time st francis had a state champ 4 years ago ark city at least one every year, and this year they will have at least two so don't tell me where the power is bronco farm boy, aight. and we will see what your 123a will bring at east west duel. that they always do so great at. lol

Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64862 01/02/05 04:56 PM
A
acbulldog Offline OP
OP Offline
A
oh and by the way we won 11 in a row just for were the power is, and we would have done it at least 9 out of them 11 in any division.

Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64863 01/02/05 04:56 PM
A
acbulldog Offline OP
OP Offline
A
and probally still be going in 123a..........

Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64864 01/02/05 05:47 PM
LancerM Offline
Congratulations on using three posts to say what you could have said in one, all while talking yourself up.

It's great that you're in the Ark City school district, but just because you're there doesn't mean YOU are any good. Sure they did great in the past and are decent now, but you had no hand in that so get over it. How about you tell everyone who you are so we know the fact behind all of the **** talking.. If you can say it I'm sure you can back it up.

Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64865 01/02/05 07:21 PM
chewbacca Offline
thank you lancer for beating me to the post so i didn't have to say it myself

Maybe you're not an ugly human, but a good looking ape.....with exceptional verbal skills.
Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64866 01/02/05 07:53 PM
A
acbulldog Offline OP
OP Offline
A
lancer come on bud your from kc area you guys suck besides turner. Shawnee mission east is that a real school. lol you stud

Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64867 01/02/05 08:07 PM
V
vidar Offline
V
Being an out of stater I can say that from the outside looking in that it seems to be that the smaller schools are better man per man than the larger ones. It also seems (and feel free to correct me if Im wrong) that the smaller schools are still able to compete and stand a chance against the larger ones, which makes Kansas a national anomaly.

In most other states, with the exception of one or two teams in each state, the smaller ones usually dont stand a chance. The most notable examples are found in states where a change in farm demographics has resulted in the reduction of middle size farms, which in turn has corresponded to a decline in smaller division programs.

"Never let the body tell the mind what to do.." Patton
Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64868 01/02/05 08:17 PM
chewbacca Offline
maybe we should just have a challenge of who talks the most smack on here. it can be Wrestling_112lb vs. acbulldog vs. Jeff Peterson & his cronies. hats off the the peterson clan though, as they have lately been quiet.

Maybe you're not an ugly human, but a good looking ape.....with exceptional verbal skills.
Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64869 01/02/05 08:44 PM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline
B
acbulldog- i am asking you once and for all

1. Who are you
2. What weight do you wrestle
3. Are you even varisty
4. What's your Record

i'm Alex Ryan, 130, 8-0, and yes i'm varisty

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64870 01/02/05 09:00 PM
M
Mike Church Sr. Offline
M
So far I think Bronco is winning this debate.

Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64871 01/02/05 09:01 PM
M
Mike Church Sr. Offline
M
So far I think Bronco is winning this debate.

Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64872 01/02/05 09:45 PM
LancerM Offline
Yeah, Bronco's got my vote as well.

And Shawnee Mission East has been one of the top schools academically in the nation for a long time, which I would take over wrestling any day.

Also, since you didn't end up telling us you're name, I can only assume that you suck at wrestling and are just trying to latch onto Ark City's success to make you look better. It's not working buddy.

Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64873 01/02/05 11:53 PM
D
Dan the Man Offline
D
Hey guys if you are going to talk trash to each other please learn how to spell. You spell V-a-r-s-i-t-y not v-a-r-i-s-ty. It makes us wrestlers look even more ignorant than what we really are.

Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64874 01/03/05 01:21 AM
T
Time Stands Still Offline
T
I was just reading a post in the College section of this forum titled "Imagine a all Kansas college team". There, almost all the starters were from large schools; nearly half from the KC area. The count of their back-ups proved nearly the same.

Hmmmmmmmmmm! Maybe the best wrestling in Kansas is not in the small schools.

Time Stands Still

Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64875 01/03/05 03:00 AM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline
B
Although I am a little biased, most national programs look to the larger schools in Kansas because of the precident set by the other states where the larger schools are the more prodominant, but also many of the smaller schools in Kansas the wrestlers choose to attend smaller schools as well, such as Matt Guilliand, who chose colby, a four timer, and most people who attend Division I schools are from KC because there are quite a lot of schools in that area and they can come down from Iowa, Michigan, etc. and fly right in and watch tournaments, where they cannot in other parts of the state, i'm not making excuses, but it could be just a choice that the kids who attended smaller schools in High School, chose that way in College as well, also many of the really good kids in Kansas are still here as evident in the Colby, Labette, and Fort Hays programs in which many small school standouts are wrestling, I firmly believe that if a Div. I school either KSU or KU had wrestling you would see many small school kids from 321A and 4A joining Div. I schools, I also believe that many are choosing smaller univeristies and jucos to stay close to home, as did Kory Lira for Fort Hays, he was the #1 ranked 125lbser in the nation a couple years ago and choose Fort Hays i'm guessing because of the location, but again just my opinion

Alex

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64876 01/03/05 03:07 AM
LancerM Offline
I also think that eastern Kansas is more known for producing individual stars rather than full teams of them, predominantly because wrestling's not a big sport around here. Therefore, despite the larger amounts of kids in each school, very few actually give the sport a chance. Hell, I know I didn't until high school. But if you take a look at some of the top collegiate wrestlers from Kansas recently, a lot of them are from the Kansas City area, or at least the Eastern half. Joe Johnston, Justin Dyer, Shawn Bunch, Zach Roberson, Chris and Tyler McCormick...all were from over here. Even Tanner Gardner was from Topeka. Basically my point is that it's not a lack of talent over here, it's just an overall sense of apathy towards wrestling.

Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64877 01/03/05 05:08 PM
B
blitzkrieg Offline
B
Since 4A has the same number of schools (64) in it's classification as 5A and 6A, it accounts for more wrestlers competing at that level. There are only a total of 32 wrestlers in 5A and 6A at any one weight class.

Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64878 01/03/05 06:32 PM
M
mamasawn Offline
M
It is difficult to compare toughness by using # of state champs when comparing classes. Most of the schools with all the champs, although good programs, had a 10-20 year or more head start when there were alot fewer teams. Also there was no 5a until 1969 and no 6A until 1979. Many of the schools now in 5a-6a may not have had programs or were 4A or 321A in the past.
Regionals are designed by geographic region. Many of the geographic areas of the state tend to have tougher teams close together. I think all the classes 123A thru 6A have regionals that many would consider tough and ones they consider not as tough. Many feel it is an advantage for teams having a weaker regional. This may be true when trying to qualify more athletes. I think it evens out somewhat at state when the #1 or 2 regional placer out of a weak regional meets a tough #3 or 4 placer out of one of the tough regionals in the first round and may get knocked off in the early rounds at state which may actually make it more difficult to medal. The other thing that happens is that when 2 or more tough wrestlers are in the same regionals they are seperated on the state bracket until the later rounds which evens things a bit. The only sad part is when 5 or 6 kids with the ability to medal at state end up in the same regional. This does happen every year, but it is still somewhat rare even in the toughest regionals.

Re: Kansas City regionals WEAK #64879 01/03/05 06:47 PM
coachtwink Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by LancerM:
I also think that eastern Kansas is more known for producing individual stars rather than full teams of them, predominantly because wrestling's not a big sport around here. Therefore, despite the larger amounts of kids in each school, very few actually give the sport a chance. Hell, I know I didn't until high school. But if you take a look at some of the top collegiate wrestlers from Kansas recently, a lot of them are from the Kansas City area, or at least the Eastern half. Joe Johnston, Justin Dyer, Shawn Bunch, Zach Roberson, Chris and Tyler McCormick...all were from over here. Even Tanner Gardner was from Topeka. Basically my point is that it's not a lack of talent over here, it's just an overall sense of apathy towards wrestling.
Very well said Lancer M. That has been my observation at the larger schools, it just isn't "cool" to wrestle, and not as many kids (porportionally) wrestle when they are young.

I think another reason larger colleges recruit wrestlers from the larger schools, especailly the KC area, is the exposure to freestyle tournaments in the summer which allows the college coaches to come watch the wrestlers. On any given weekend in KC you can find a tournament to compete in that is not very far away, where as out west, the tournaments are a lot more spread out. Also freestyle tends to be more popular/emphasised in the east.

Just a thought.

Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn- and most do.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 180 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)