Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
come on #65022 12/12/04 05:19 PM
Meven Stiller Offline OP
OP Offline
This forum is mighty boreing where is all the talk i need some dumb whitty remarks...

Re: come on #65023 12/12/04 07:39 PM
Wacob Jagner Offline
Mevan, I think you are right. This forum needs more excitement. Dumb whitty remarks would be great. Does anyone have any?

Re: come on #65024 12/12/04 08:19 PM
B
blue Offline
B
well for some of us this site is to talk about things in a aprpriate manner instead of fight and argue over retarded comment

Re: come on #65025 12/12/04 08:29 PM
LancerM Offline
And for some of us it's about having fun. You only have eleven posts so don't speak for the masses blue.

Re: come on #65026 12/12/04 09:30 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
I'll speak on behalf of Blue, and say that I really don't want to see the "worthless" not "witty" banter offered up by all the Manhattan folk either. And i'm quite hoping that the moderators this year will keep it at a minimum.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: come on #65027 12/12/04 10:42 PM
KCWrestlersMom Offline
Many people aren't fans of the voluminous comments by Nigel, either. I assume you don't want the moderators to keep your comments to a minimum. Don't read the ones that don't interest you.

Re: come on #65028 12/12/04 10:57 PM
LancerM Offline
Ha ha, take that Nigel.

Re: come on #65029 12/13/04 12:16 AM
iFeelFat Offline
ha ha nigel sucks...hows arby's? I enjoyed my curly fries the other day.

Re: come on #65030 12/13/04 12:40 AM
fris kitzgerald Offline
yes nigel does suck and i do have to say arby's has tasty mozzerlla(*sp i hate this word) sticks

The FISH RETURNS
Re: come on #65031 12/13/04 04:22 AM
Pups4Ever Offline
Hey, don't make fun of Nigel. I work at Wal-Mart!

"I hate basketball! I'd rather watch paint dry!" -- CVHS Wrestling coach Troy Lentz 2005
Re: come on #65032 12/13/04 04:31 AM
Larry Wagner Offline
Eh fris, you haven't got much room to make comments.

When the 27 TV camera was pointed at you, you didn't finish pinning the fish with the hopes of getting a little more personal video time for the 10 o'clock news that night. (Not what one would expect if he wants "less recigniton i come in under the radar").

disclaimer: All mispelled words and poor grammar are fris' not mine. See his post on December 07, 2004 09:09 AM under "LEAVENWORTH TOURNAMENET RESULTS" topic if you doubt my word.

PS: I don't know if Channel 27 showed the video or not. I didn't bother to tune in and find out. Already saw it once, which was enough

Re: come on #65033 12/13/04 07:03 AM
Nigel Isom Offline
I wouldn't know how Arby's is, I don't work there anymore. As for KCWrestler's mom, I can only assume that its not really a real wrestlers mom, I doubt seriously that such a person would make a comment like that. In any case I have made no voluminous comments this year, and I don't plan to (This post might qualify though) , I wish to see topics on this forum that benefit the wrestling community as a whole, a place where people want to come to read about real things happening in out community. Things like the excellent research and newspaper articles by Mr. Salyer. What I don't want to see, is 13 topics a day concerning popularity contests, spats, and the food consumption habits of every name backwards poster from Manhattan. I think most people not in the aforementioned group who visits this forum would agree with me. As I said in my first post of this year, I will not allow myself to get sucked into the childish name calling, and general frivolity, that plagued this site last year as a result of the same group.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: come on #65034 12/13/04 08:00 AM
M
mike fairleigh Offline
M
The season has scarcely started and the games have begun. I appreciate the genuine humor that some of the less serious guys have to offer. I also appreciate the information and exchange of inside team knowlege that is shared here that gives insight as to why one team may be getting stronger and another may be getting weaker. The problem seems to be that the two have a pretty low threshold of tolerance for one another. I t seems as though every year the forum ends up with one group resorting to personal attacks on another group or individual. While all of us seem to have a boiling point, it seems senseless to reach it over something as silly as this. There's a LOT of good stuff here--- this forum is almost unique in that I am not aware of a football or basketball forum, and whatever the reason for its survival, there are many of us who enjoy it. having that much in common, maybe we can all sit back and put up with each other better so that no one gets really upset withe each other until sometime later in the season, at least.

Re: come on #65035 12/13/04 12:09 PM
B
bystander Offline
B
I agree with Mr. Fairleigh. Thank you. You go KCWrestlersMom. As a counselor for those who have personality issues as in Nigel's case; I would offer the two most therapeutic words you may ever hear (or read) Mr. Isom : "Shut up". (It's not you really, it's everybody else who has the problem.) Just kidding Nigel! No really, I appreciate all the comments and sugestions this forum offers from hair to tatoos to how to wrestle short/tall wrestlers. Please, Nigel, never change.

Re: come on #65036 12/13/04 12:41 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
I think you missed the point bystander. While the ocassional off subject thread can go by unnoticed, there are some that totally defy the purpose of this forum as a whole. I cite as an example "A tribute to dimebag darrell" First of all Pantera and music as a whole has nothing to do with wrestling outside of warm up music. But then you throw in the fact that this man, although dead now glorifed drugs hence that moniker "Dimebag" as in a bag of marijuana. Is this the type of topic that a wrestling community wants to talk about?

I don't think things said here need to be completly serious, but my purpose of reading the threads are to read about wrestling topics. Obviously its easy to avoid subjects that have titles like the one above. There are plenty of places on the internet where one could discuss their bathing habits with their friends, I can't say I see the need in here. If anything I would say that this group of individuals need to download an instant message program, then they could share their "wity" banter with each other.
A word of caution however .... don't confuse "witty" with "wishy-washy"

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: come on #65037 12/13/04 12:53 PM
M
mamasawn Offline
M
One should also not confuse the word "wity" with the actual word "witty".

Re: come on #65038 12/13/04 11:24 PM
fris kitzgerald Offline
first of Larry wagner i don't care i wasn't trying to take the match longer i was just really really tired if you did happen to watch my match my fat self puked after, meaning i was wrestling very fat that match and second we all have the right to make fun of nigel because all he does is complain about how this is bad how manhattan is horrible. Honestly wihtout manhattan people a lot of of the community that you "aforementioned" (big word) would not pay attention because we do have a serious side and when we want to it will come out. (well maybe not ifeelfat) but most of us. so stop whining and just get ready for a long season. It is all fun and games nigel if it wasn't for you our posts wouldn't be as funny. but seriously lets just all be friends

The FISH RETURNS
Re: come on #65039 12/13/04 11:54 PM
Prant Garker Offline
Actually, Nigel, KCWrestlersMom is an actual mother...unless she's playing a huge joke on me.

As to your comments on making this a "serious" forum to encourage a "community" in Kansas wrestling, let me say this: this forum does a whole heck of a lot to increase the amount of community in Kansas wrestling. Not everyone is an almost-30 year old who worships at the altar of Abilene wrestling. Many of the people on this high school wrestling forum are actual high school wrestlers. I've met many people who post on this forum in real life, and the interactions have always been positive. (Except when BKP#2 totally hit on me at a party.) If I saw Goddard's head coach, we'd probably talk about Bike Mammes's huge butt, then segue into a conversation about wrestling. If I saw someone from Turner, we'd probably talk about the R.A.O.S., then debate whether 5A can hold a candle to 6A. (I think R.A.O.S. knows my answer...) And if I met anyone else from this forum, we'd probably just talk about how much of a naysayer (naysayer = d to the i-z) you are.

Wrestling isn't life, Igel. Even on a Kansas wrestling forum, it doesn't necessarily have to be 100% serious all the time. If you're too much of an old fart to make friends, that's your problem.

And by the way--my name is Prant Garker, and I have met Boach Clack, Fris Kitzgerald, and ToachCwink. This name switch you talk of is non-existent.

Re: come on #65040 12/14/04 01:56 AM
Gibby Offline
Nigel, you're comment on Dimebag was about as "useless as a poopy flavored lollypop." (Just saw Dodgeball last night).

A couple of things to point out. First off, Dimebag went by Diamond before the Further Beyond Driven album. So, the line could have read "Tribute to Diamond Darrell" just the same.

Second, most people are able to separate reality from entertainment. There are those exceptions, but the general rule holds true. I use to listen to Too Short back in the day and you don't see me pimpin' hoes (is that how you spell it? It doesn't look right) or driving Cadillacs. Use to listen to Nirvana as well - didn't blow my head off.

No one should be murdered and if someone wants to pay homage, so be it.

You see, most of us can separate reality from fantasy world. It may be a little harder to do in Cowboy Country - but I'm sure there's therapists to help with the matter.

Personally, I like the Manhattan humor. I knew that, even though Fris got handled in the finals this weekend, he would be back to humor us all because he knows there's so much more to life other than wrestling day in and day out. Plus, with all the years we've had the forum, most people know who starts the quality threads and who starts the humorous ones and we just go to those that we know we'll be interested in.

Kind of like TV.

I've seen you've posted over 700 times in the forum. Wow, the other posters with that volume are Richard Salyer (I know there's some that are bored with him, but I like the info) and the Manhattan kids. Having been a long time reader of the forum (I changed my screen name, thus the small replies), I've come to this conclusion of Nigel's posts:

10% - Abiline wrestling rules
20% - I made the right call/gave the right advice because I'm an official and I have a numbered badge from KHSAA.
20% - Abiline wrestling is the best
50% - Manhattan kids quit teasing me about working fast food and wasting our time with your garbage.

So half of your posts are yelling about Manhattan kids and how they are ruining the forum. You've spent half of your "forum life" complaining about Manhattan.

And by the way, I didn't create these statistics - Prant has a statistic book up to date with all the info in his incredibly cool green truck.

Re: come on #65041 12/14/04 05:32 AM
KCWrestlersMom Offline
Prant, I should BE so clever.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Coach Malay), 148 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)