Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67918 02/27/05 05:00 AM
Prant Garker Offline OP
OP Offline
Obviously this weekend didn't end exactly as I had hoped, but I would still like to congratulate my Hat Town mates. You guys certainly wrestled manly and have nothing to be ashamed of. I am particularly proud of Scatt Mox, Fris Kitzgerald, and Erek Deichman. You guys wrestled better than I ever would have imagined.

Also, congrats to Aquinas. You crazy Catholics certainly proved your manliness this weekend.

Finally, I hope this won't be Wee Loodford's last tournament. With his quite accomplished son moving on, I fear the old sensei may move on and win millions of Best US History/Government Teacher Ever awards. This is mere speculation, but let's hope it doesn't come true.

As always, Go Hat Town.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67919 02/27/05 06:54 AM
Brettimus Offline
You didn't even think we would win it. Thanks for the support.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67920 02/27/05 06:55 AM
fris kitzgerald Offline
Maybe prant you shoulda seen us wrestle then you'd reconsider some of the things ur saying. like brettimus said man thanks for the support.

The FISH RETURNS
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67921 02/27/05 12:43 PM
Prant Garker Offline OP
OP Offline
Hrett and Fris-

Did I think you guys would win it? Absolutely. Holy cow, yes. I just didn't want to get on here and be all "blahblahblahHatTownwillrollthroughstate" and sound like a certain Abilene fan...My entire weekend was dedicated to calling Raig Colsen, FatBat and Wyler Tarner to get up to the second results, and I was 15 minutes late to a class because I was listening to Ood and Orain Rlson on KMAN. I would have been more vocal, but again, nobody likes a braggart. (Fris, from all accounts I have heard that you're a regular ma-ohn at state.)

While the Hat may not have won this weekend, and while Aquinas gets tons of credit, I still think Manhappenin' is the best team in the state. Always will.

(PS--Anyone else think that Cox will weigh 450 by this time next year? Without athletics, he's going to become as fat as FatBat or Boach.)

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67922 02/27/05 01:12 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Quote:
Originally posted by Prant Garker:
Hrett and Fris-

Did I think you guys would win it? Absolutely. Holy cow, yes. I just didn't want to get on here and be all "blahblahblahHatTownwillrollthroughstate" and sound like a certain Abilene fan...My entire weekend was dedicated to calling Raig Colsen, FatBat and Wyler Tarner to get up to the second results, and I was 15 minutes late to a class because I was listening to Ood and Orain Rlson on KMAN. I would have been more vocal, but again, nobody likes a braggart. (Fris, from all accounts I have heard that you're a regular ma-ohn at state.)

While the Hat may not have won this weekend, and while Aquinas gets tons of credit, I still think Manhappenin' is the best team in the state. Always will.
Fortunately for all wrestling fans, St. Thomas Aquinas defeated Manhattan and saved wrestling fans from another six or seven months of Manhattan gloating and bragging.

I am reasonably certain St. Thomas Aquinas will not start a topic strictly for their celebrations, gloating, or their "Steves".

Quiet confidence in a teams ability is one thing, however the braggadacio and gloating is another.

I have never understood this behavior as Coach Woodford, Coach Andrade, and Coach Bammes are all outstanding coaches who exhibit exemplary sportsmanship, and generally a team adopts the attitude of their coaches and leaders.

The Parker brothers, Coach Black, and coachtwink need to grow up and show leadership to the young wrestlers in a different manner!

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67923 02/27/05 01:28 PM
Prant Garker Offline OP
OP Offline
SichardDRalyer-

Throughout this year, Manhattan has done nothing but give credit to St. Thomas Aquinas for its accomplishments. In fact, I did so in the previous post. Do I still think Manhattan is the best team in the state?

I think from most accounts, Hat Town has acted in a respectable manner this year, and I'm sure it would be hard to find an Aquinas fan on here who believes otherwise. Your bias against Manhattan is evident--no matter what we do, you will always find "braggadocio and gloating." I think if you actually experienced the Manhattan wrestling program, you would recognize that Boach and ToachCwink (along with Aony Tandrade and Wee Loodford) have shown exemplary leadership to their wrestlers. Instead, you criticize a group of people of whom you have very little knowledge.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67924 02/27/05 01:46 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Quote:
Originally posted by Prant Garker:
SichardDRalyer-

Throughout this year, Manhattan has done nothing but give credit to St. Thomas Aquinas for its accomplishments. In fact, I did so in the previous post. Do I still think Manhattan is the best team in the state?

I think from most accounts, Hat Town has acted in a respectable manner this year, and I'm sure it would be hard to find an Aquinas fan on here who believes otherwise. Your bias against Manhattan is evident--no matter what we do, you will always find "braggadocio and gloating." I think if you actually experienced the Manhattan wrestling program, you would recognize that Boach and ToachCwink (along with Aony Tandrade and Wee Loodford) have shown exemplary leadership to their wrestlers. Instead, you criticize a group of people of whom you have very little knowledge.
To the contrary Grant, I have met many fine individuals associated with the Manhattan Kids Wrestling Club and the Manhattan Optimists.

These men have always displayed exceptional sportsmanship and have my respect, as do Coach Woodford, Coach Andrade, and Coach Bammes.

The Manhattan High School wrestling program is one of the top in the state and is to be recognized as such.

It is the gloating and braggadacio which is unacceptable.

I will use a quote from a 6A wrestling coach yesterday during a discussion of the team points and if in fact Manhattan might catch Aquinas.

"Manhattan choked once again. They were the favorite, and have been for several years due to the large number of wrestlers Manhattan qualifies due to their weak regional."

Rest assured I have no animus towards Manhattan High School, the wrestling program, and certainly not the outstanding coaching. I do take issues with the gloating which you seem to cheerlead along with your brother.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67925 02/27/05 02:27 PM
M
Mike Church Sr. Offline
M
So it runs in the family! Hahahahahaha. Thanks Richard!

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67926 02/27/05 02:58 PM
Brettimus Offline
I do not believe that we brag about our accomplishment from last year. The only reason it was such a great win was because it was our first championship ever, would you not celebrate that? After so many years of not getting that gold and finally getting, you cannot tell me you would not feel proud. And most of us did not brag you just think that we all did. And all of our coaches are great coaches and they all show respect, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67927 02/27/05 03:45 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Quote:
Originally posted by Brettimus:
And all of our coaches are great coaches and they all show respect, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Apparently reading comprehension is not taught at Manhattan High School.

I stated:

Quote:
Originally posted by RichardDSalyer:
I have never understood this behavior as Coach Woodford, Coach Andrade, and Coach Bammes are all outstanding coaches who exhibit exemplary sportsmanship, and generally a team adopts the attitude of their coaches and leaders.

The Parker brothers, Coach Black, and coachtwink need to grow up and show leadership to the young wrestlers in a different manner!
and;

Quote:
To the contrary Grant, I have met many fine individuals associated with the Manhattan Kids Wrestling Club and the Manhattan Optimists.

These men have always displayed exceptional sportsmanship and have my respect, as do Coach Woodford, Coach Andrade, and Coach Bammes.

The Manhattan High School wrestling program is one of the top in the state and is to be recognized as such.

It is the gloating and braggadacio which is unacceptable.

I will use a quote from a 6A wrestling coach yesterday during a discussion of the team points and if in fact Manhattan might catch Aquinas.

"Manhattan choked once again. They were the favorite, and have been for several years due to the large number of wrestlers Manhattan qualifies due to their weak regional."

Rest assured I have no animus towards Manhattan High School, the wrestling program, and certainly not the outstanding coaching. I do take issues with the gloating which you seem to cheerlead along with your brother.
It is very clear I have the utmost respect for the coaches and the program these coaches have established at Manhattan High School.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67928 02/27/05 04:50 PM
fris kitzgerald Offline
Yeah but you don't have respect for us out there wrestling.

The FISH RETURNS
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67929 02/27/05 09:11 PM
Ron James Offline
orginally posted by RichardDSalyer:
"I will use a quote from a 6A wrestling coach yesterday during a discussion of the team points and if in fact Manhattan might catch Aquinas."

Richard, which coach said that Manhattan choked, because first of all I don't think second place is choking, not finishing in the top 10 would be choking. Secondly, how exactly was Manhattan the favorite when Aquinas has been ranked ahead of Manhattan almost the entire season and they qualified just as many wrestlers? So, does that mean that Aquinas' regional was weak also?

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67930 02/27/05 09:44 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Under normal circumstances I do not respond to a comment posted under a pseudonym as I believe the practice of posting under a pseudonym to be cowardly and without character.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67931 02/27/05 11:38 PM
Brettimus Offline
Quote:
Under normal circumstances I do not respond to a comment posted under a pseudonym as I believe the practice of posting under a pseudonym to be cowardly and without character.
Then I will ask the question.

Richard, which coach said that Manhattan choked, because first of all I don't think second place is choking, not finishing in the top 10 would be choking. Secondly, how exactly was Manhattan the favorite when Aquinas has been ranked ahead of Manhattan almost the entire season and they qualified just as many wrestlers? So, does that mean that Aquinas' regional was weak also?

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67932 02/28/05 02:26 AM
Prant Garker Offline OP
OP Offline
Hrett-

I should remind you, not only did Manhattan NOT choke, they actually exceeded expectations. The Hat had been ranked 3rd for most of the year behind STA and Goddard. Last time I checked, the trophy for 2nd is bigger than the one for 3rd.

Also, Hrett, I noticed that you beat TWO guys twice. That's pretty ma-ohny of you, my friend. Of course, you only got third, which means you totally choked.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67933 02/28/05 03:19 AM
Brettimus Offline
Prant, I myself have not figured out whether I choked or not. I could admit at times during my match against Craig of Hutch that I thought I was losing for sure but I looked up and saw only a one point margin. I gave it my all but apparently it was one point shy of the finals match.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67934 02/28/05 03:38 AM
coachtwink Offline
Quote:
[QUOTE]

Richard,
I do not know how I have been accused of showing poor leadership to Manhattan, when I am no longer affiliated with the program (other than a fan and supporter) and never was on this forum while I was affiliated with the program. In addition, I have never been deragatory towards any other team during my support of Manhattan. Just because I support the program which I am proud to have been affiliated with, does not mean that I gloat, brag, or am in anyway inappropriate. If I have been otherwise please indicate how/when and I will certainly apologize for my mistakes or clear up any misunderstandings.

Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn- and most do.
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67935 02/28/05 03:53 AM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline
B
Quote:
Who are the Parker Brothers? Prant & Dingbat? If so Ricahrd lighten up please for a little bit, There is nothing wrong with showing some team spirit allbeit it was overboard but it's over and someone has to help me keep the forum lively as of late.

Coach Black is another great person. He means nothing deroggatory by any comments and tries to have some fun on here as everyone should, not take everything so serious

Coachtwink as latter stated by himself, he is no longer associated with Manhattan in the coaching sense, but I know that we've had student teachers as coaches ourselves and are no longer part of the team and now lead seperate lives, but we still call them Coach when we see them as a respect for what they've done. Coachtwink i'm sure knows what I am talking about, it's a respect thing the athletes have for a person they've admired, and once a coach is away they have nothing to prove to anyone anymore or represent anyone, so anything they say represents them not anyone or anyone else

Richard lighten up a little and enjoy the forum. This isn't a middle eastern country where we must take everything seriously, lighten up and live a little bit, you can't take everything seriously or you won't have any fun in life

Alex

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67936 02/28/05 03:56 AM
chewbacca Offline
i thought the Parker Brothers made board games

Maybe you're not an ugly human, but a good looking ape.....with exceptional verbal skills.
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67937 02/28/05 04:34 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
I offer my congratulations to both, Manhattan and Aquinas for their efforts at the state tournament. The coaching staffs for both programs are top-notch and should be commended. I also offer my two-cents worth in support of the Hat-Town crew and their sense of humor on the forum ...... They are often self-deprecating ....... they usually poke fun at each other ........ they are often witty and their poor spelling is, I believe, often intentional now that so many have made it an issue ....... while I have the utmost respect for Mr. Salyer and his role on the forum, I do not agree that anyone who posts under a pseudonym is a coward or devoid of character ...... I would hope that he would rethink that accusation ........ I also hope that his mention of us "Steves" in a previous post was not meant to be derogatory ...... we began our thread simply to have some fun amoungst ourselves, other wrestlers and enthusiasts ......... our sport is, by nature intense, physically, psychologiacally and emotionally ........ many of us enjoy the comic relief offered by certain individuals and topics on the forum ........ braggadocio and unseemly humor are characteristics of youth ....... judgement of youngsters (if we are to judge) should involve more than just one perspective ....... while we all grow into our mature selves (some more rapidly than others), many of us hope to retain some of our youthful perspective on life ...... personally, a humorless life is not worth living ...... and a humorless forum is not worth attending to (sorry for the prep. at the end of a sentence) .......... I believe the Hat Town wrestlers are fun-loving guys who work hard in the practice room and give all they have on the mat (they are a bit slow at ordering food at "fast-food" restaurants) ....... they love their sport ....... so do we in Steveville ..... (although we probably need to work a bit harder this next year as our Dominant Toasties proved a little soggy at state) ........ so Good Game! to Hat Town and hope we both can take it up another notch to win next year ....... and my best to all on the forum, Puritans and rebels alike ...... it takes all kinds to make the world interesting!

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?"
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 100 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,384
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)