Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67938 02/28/05 05:09 AM
P
Puncher57 Offline
P
While Manhattan hasn't won a title lately , you should look at Hutch too brag about,

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67939 02/28/05 05:16 AM
chewbacca Offline
great year for you steves. 2nd place is certainly nothing to be glum about. work hard and be dominate next year.

Maybe you're not an ugly human, but a good looking ape.....with exceptional verbal skills.
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67940 02/28/05 05:17 AM
LancerM Offline
Since when is last year not lately?

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67941 02/28/05 05:23 AM
P
Puncher57 Offline
P
only !?

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67942 02/28/05 05:26 AM
P
Puncher57 Offline
P
oh yeah I for got my bad

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67943 02/28/05 11:53 AM
Ron James Offline
Richard,

Just so you know my name is Ron James, I live in Manhattan and teach 3rd grade at Ware Elementary on post at Fort Riley. I was a coach at Manhattan for the 2002-03, and 2003-04 seasons. Do you need to know any other personal information on me? At the time that I signed up for the forum I was reading Stephen King's "It" and I went with the name pennywise. Perhaps I will change it to. . .I'm Coach James B$%$#@ since that is what the wrestlers referred to me as since the Dave Chapelle skit making fun of Rick James.

So, let me ask again:

Richard, which coach said that Manhattan choked, because first of all I don't think second place is choking, not finishing in the top 10 would be choking. Secondly, how exactly was Manhattan the favorite when Aquinas has been ranked ahead of Manhattan almost the entire season and they qualified just as many wrestlers? So, does that mean that Aquinas' regional was weak also?

I can only assume that whatever coach said this must have been a STA coach since in his opinion anything less than first place is choking.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67944 02/28/05 01:07 PM
fris kitzgerald Offline
Steves thanks for the post. Us hat town folk are proud to have such a diverse group of silly men on our side. Best of luck to the remaning steves on next season.

The FISH RETURNS
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67945 02/28/05 01:18 PM
Dingbat Offline
Quote:
The Parker brothers, Coach Black, and coachtwink need to grow up and show leadership to the young wrestlers in a different manner!
Richard, you have outdone even yourself. I would think that with your contiuous/pointless research, you could have found somewhere that neither Prant, myself, or coach twink are affiliated with the Manhattan High School program, other than we are avid fans.

On the other hand, one thing you can't find by spending mindless hours on the internet is the positive influence that Coach Black has had on the Manhattan High wrestling program. He is a former state placer with impeccable technique, a college student and former collegiate athelete, a father, and a great influence on all of the young men in that program. For you to take personal attacks belittling a man of his stature (with no knowlege of the man himself) shows your true character.
I would be proud to have my children coached or taught by Mr. Black, and if a person like you were working in the same district, I would be wary of letting my children be poisoned by your influence.

Let me give you a little background information on myself. I have not taught or coached in Manhattan for more than two years. I am a teacher in Platte County, Missouri. As I stated earlier, like yourself, I am no more than a fan of the sport. However, unlike yourself, I know that students like to have fun. It is what makes students learn in the classroom or in the mat room. For this reason, wrestling forums like this are great. They can help high school kids (yes, KIDS) have a little bit of fun during an otherwise gruelling season. Coaches like Mr. Black or coachtwink (also a respected educator) also help these kids get through the tough 3 1/2 months of wrestling season. However, overbearing parents and old, scroogy sourpusses like yourself are a cancer on the underbelly of our sport.

That being said, I would like to offer my congratulations to the Saint Thomas Aquinas wrestling program. I hope that for the next 9 months you guys enjoy your championship as much as we did.

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67946 02/28/05 01:29 PM
NurseKs Offline
How big of a hole can someone dig for themselves before realising they are going to need some help out of it? . As far as hiding behind a pseudonym, I personally would not encourage anyone to post name,address,phone number etc on the net in ANY forum.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67947 02/28/05 02:03 PM
B
blitzkrieg Offline
B
Quote:
I can only assume that whatever coach said this must have been a STA coach since in his opinion anything less than first place is choking.
Had to be. That's an ignorant and biased assumption in attempt to put down Aquinas and their hard earned title. So let's try and taint it by tossing in a comment like this to try and show them as trash talkers.

If that's not your intent, then please rephrase this statement.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67948 02/28/05 02:04 PM
Prant Garker Offline OP
OP Offline
Fatbat-

Nice *swish.* My one problem is that you mentioned you wouldn't mind your kids wrestling for Boach. My problem is not that Boach would be a bad influence--I take offense to the fact that you, at one point, may be able to procreate.

SichardDRalyer-

It appears as if you've been called out.

superiorsteve-

I have been told that KC Turner is the "auto-mechanic capital of the world." Is this true?

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67949 02/28/05 02:13 PM
Ron James Offline
It was not my intent to put down STA in anyway. They are to be congratulated for their hard earned title. I have a lot of respect for STA and their coaches. My point was that Richard said that a 6A coach said that Manhattan choked by taking 2nd. This led me to think that coach must have coached the championship team because he thinks that 2nd place is choking. Otherwise if this coaches team took anything worse that first place then his team choked also.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67950 02/28/05 02:17 PM
S
Scooby Offline
S
Honestly I think the hat town guys are funny and for the most part goofin around and having fun in here. I like that atomsphere and that is part of the reason I come in here.

Richard- you have every right to disgree with them and lash out but most of the time it is fun and games- you are no longer having fun here. Relax and enjoy this great opportunity we have to BS with each and in the long run you may realize that if you stress less then the hat towner don't bother you near as much.

I will probably have spelling errors all over the forum and I do this just to keep prant happy and on his mission.

I am no hat towner, matter of fact I am from the 321A world but think that this forum is fun and entertaining with alot of knowledge. The best of both worlds.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67951 02/28/05 05:41 PM
NurseKs Offline
Kudos to Scooby. Emphasis on "fun and entertaining."

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67952 02/28/05 05:59 PM
Dingbat Offline
Wow...Dick got me so worked up this morning that I didn't have time to post what I really wanted to. Anyway, here goes my original thought...

Aquinas--Great work. Honestly, I thought that you guys were overrated this year, but you proved me wrong. You were a tough, disciplined squad, and I wish you the best in your summer wrestling.

Now to my Hat Town brethren:
I wasn't able to get to Wichita until Saturday, but what I saw was quite a show. Here are a couple of individual messages to my fellow mad 'hatters.

Baby Thorton, J Wags, and Mteve Siller--

All together, it was a good showing. For your first trip to the big show, you looked pretty mah-oney. Work hard this summer, do freestyle, pick up a barbell or two, and get ready for next season.

130 Wagner--I hope your noodle is alright. That was quite a whack. As always though, you looked tough as nails this weekend. 3rd is something to hang your hat on.

140 Hoshaw--It seems like just yesterday that you were getting beat by scrubs on JV. Great weekend--come back and get it all next year.

145 Mikey--It was a **** shame what they did to you this weekend. It was a real let down to see such an accomplished wrestler have something taken from him by a JV official. That being said, it has been a pleasure coaching and watching you for the last 4 years.

152 Fris--as always, another gutsy performance at the big dance. I will never forget last year when, in a loss, you gave it absolutely everything you had. It is rare when someone actually leaves it all out on the mat, and that was one occasion that I won't soon forget.

160 San Ihea--I remember you being a diaper-dandy on JV as well. It's too bad we don't have you again next year. Oh well--have fun and go getcha learn on a year early.

171--I was really hoping we would see Wyler Tarner get to the big show, but it didn't happen. Hey, at least you can grow a beard now.

189 Lars Leeson--I know it didn't end up the way you would have liked. I still think you are the best 189 pound wrestler in the state. Just remember how much you and the Larson family have meant to the MHS teams of this year and years past. It has been a pleasure.

215 Eichman--Probably the mah-oneyist performance of the tournament. Eich, I remember thinking that you were synonymous with Mrandon Balone. Honestly, I cringed when I saw that you were the Hat's varsity 215. But all of your hard weight-room work has paid off. You were awesome this weekend. Congrats.

275 Fat Cox--Wow. You're fat. Really fat. But you had a great tournament. That first round stick on saturday was incredible. I soiled myself.

Bing and Jeb--I was sorry to see your illustrious careers end the way that they did. You were both great fun to coach, watch, and cheer for. I will miss seeing you guys in a Manhattan uniform. I hope you are both going to make some noise at the national tournament. Keep it real, homies.

Wee Loodford--go get it back next year.

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67953 02/28/05 06:27 PM
B
blitzkrieg Offline
B
Quote:
Originally posted by pennywise#2:
It was not my intent to put down STA in anyway. They are to be congratulated for their hard earned title. I have a lot of respect for STA and their coaches. My point was that Richard said that a 6A coach said that Manhattan choked by taking 2nd. This led me to think that coach must have coached the championship team because he thinks that 2nd place is choking. Otherwise if this coaches team took anything worse that first place then his team choked also.
I don't suppose it was someone wanting to see "The Hat" get the title over Aquinas and was upset because they didn't. I can't see any coach on Aquinas saying or thinking that. Not when they were fighting so hard to get the title.

Above all, do you really think another coach told Richard that Manhatten choked? Or is Richard saying this because he's trying to lend credit to something he believes? So before it gets around that Aquinas coache(s) are bad mouthing Manhatten due to your belief it was them. Let's consider the source(s) here.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67954 02/28/05 07:40 PM
Ron James Offline
I have never stated that I truely believe that the STA coaches are bad mouthing Manhattan! My point was that if a 6A coach said that Manhattan choked by taking second place then what place did that coach's team get? Because if this said coach's team did not win then by his own rational didn't his team choke? I am not saying that it was a STA coach that said Manhattan choked. I am still not saying that, because like you pointed out blitzkreig that statement is coming from Richard. Which by the way he still hasn't responded even though I gave him my name.
My main point is that 2nd place is not choking, and anyone who believes otherwise needs to be realistic because it is extremely hard to win a state title much less repeat.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67955 02/28/05 10:03 PM
NurseKs Offline
Any response from Salyer yet? And Dingbat.. wow. I have no comment on that one.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67956 02/28/05 10:11 PM
Dingbat Offline
Which one?

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67957 03/01/05 04:05 AM
coachtwink Offline
Dingbat:
My guess would be your new signature!

NurseKS:
I guess Mr. Salyer is choosing to stay away from this topic, which is a shame. I would really like some clarification if someone is going to make accusations towards me, regardless of whether I choose to put my name on here or not. Apparently that doesn't matter as he has not responded to any of the others who's names are now on their posts.

Dingbat:
Can I coach your future children too? I would really like to coach a good fat kid for a change!

Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn- and most do.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 163 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,942
Posts250,374
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)