Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67958 03/01/05 01:15 PM
Ron James Offline
Ricard several of us are waiting on your answer to our questions. When is that going to happen?

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67959 03/01/05 04:32 PM
iFeelFat Offline
you guys are totally missing the point of salyers post...obviously you're not allowed to have fun during season. This is wrestling dammit, its a life or death situation for 3 1/2 months straight. Laughing, joking and trying to have a good time are not allowed.
By God surley none of us wrestle because it's FUN.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67960 03/01/05 06:37 PM
fris kitzgerald Offline
well said fatty mcfatterson well said. btw our purple cobra dance was the coolest thing in the entire state tournament lol.

The FISH RETURNS
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67961 03/01/05 08:46 PM
Dingbat Offline
Purple cobra dance? Was that during the parade of champions?

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67962 03/01/05 09:16 PM
fris kitzgerald Offline
nope way before then at the opening cermony

The FISH RETURNS
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67963 03/02/05 03:23 PM
Ron James Offline
Richard,

Since you won't respond I just thought you might like to think about this in relation to your comment on Manhattan being at a weak regional. They were at regional B in Emporia.

Regional A: OP-St. Thomas Aquinas
17 total medalists
1st - 2
2nd - 4
3rd - 3
4th - 4
5th - 3
6th - 1

Regional B: Emporia
24 total medalists
1st - 2
2nd - 5
3rd - 3
4th - 2
5th - 7
6th - 5

Regional C: Wichita-Northwest
30 total medalists
1st - 7
2nd - 5
3rd - 3
4th - 5
5th - 4
6th - 6

Regional D: SM-West
13 total medalists
1st - 3
2nd - 0
3rd - 5
4th - 3
5th - 0
6th - 2

No, Manhattan was not in the toughest regional, but they definitely weren't in the weakest either.

I'm Coach James B@#$$%

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67964 03/02/05 06:09 PM
Dingbat Offline
Wow, even coach James B@%#$@! can do some research. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Salyer.

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67965 03/03/05 04:31 PM
M
Mike Church Sr. Offline
M
I know Richard is sitting back smiling because he has the panties of a few all bunched up for not responding. :-)

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67966 03/03/05 04:53 PM
Ron James Offline
Well, the way I see it is that Richard isn't man enough to respond when he has actually been called on something. He used the excuse of my using a pseudonym for why he won't respond. Now he has my name yet I am still waiting. I have disproved his comment about Manhattan being at a weak regional and if anyone's panties are in a bunch I would say that Richard's are since they are obviously cutting off circulation too much for him to be able to get a response together.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67967 03/03/05 05:08 PM
coachtwink Offline
My panites are not in a bunch. If I have made a mistake, I will readily admit it, as a good leader does, and would like to be told I have made an error of judgement so I can make sure to learn from my mistakes.

However, slandering someone on a public forum and not backing up those statements sets a poor example for the young people on this forum. I further state that Richard's lack of response indicates that he has no basis for his statements, as we all know his research abilities. If there were a case in which I set a poor example, he would surely be able to find the quote and present it for our viewing.

I take great pride in being a positive influence on the young people I come in contact with, and when someone questions my abilities in doing so, it concerns me a great deal.

Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn- and most do.
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67968 03/03/05 05:09 PM
coachtwink Offline
Coach James @#$@# beat me to it!

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67969 03/03/05 09:25 PM
Shane Koranda Offline
Gentlemen,

If you look at his activity since this blew up, he's scaled by his dose of comments: 16 posts since this thread on 2/27...

It seems that he's concentrating on the college board now...

(I'd like to point out I typed in Microsoft Word 2003 and copied/pasted to prevent typos. I've also included my real name too.)

Shane Koranda
Towanda, Ks.
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67970 03/04/05 11:29 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Quote:
Originally posted by coachtwink:
However, slandering someone on a public forum and not backing up those statements sets a poor example for the young people on this forum. I further state that Richard's lack of response indicates that he has no basis for his statements, as we all know his research abilities. If there were a case in which I set a poor example, he would surely be able to find the quote and present it for our viewing.

I take great pride in being a positive influence on the young people I come in contact with, and when someone questions my abilities in doing so, it concerns me a great deal.
This is the first I have read the full responses to this thread. I received a private e-mail indicating I was accused of slander, and therefore I read the thread. As a general rule I do not read threads which have a large amount of responses, simply as I wish to avoid the inevitable nonsense posts such as those by Koranda.

Slander: the act of saying something false or malicious that damages somebody’s reputation

It is difficult slander a pseudonym! If I had mentioned a name such as Kale Mann, then one may have a legitimate complaint. If coachtwink has reviewed all his previous posts, I am certain he will be able to ascertain why I came to the conclusion I have.

Quote:
Originally posted by pennywise#2:
Richard,

Just so you know my name is Ron James, I live in Manhattan and teach 3rd grade at Ware Elementary on post at Fort Riley. I was a coach at Manhattan for the 2002-03, and 2003-04 seasons. Do you need to know any other personal information on me?

So, let me ask again:

Richard, which coach said that Manhattan choked, because first of all I don't think second place is choking, not finishing in the top 10 would be choking. Secondly, how exactly was Manhattan the favorite when Aquinas has been ranked ahead of Manhattan almost the entire season and they qualified just as many wrestlers? So, does that mean that Aquinas' regional was weak also?

I can only assume that whatever coach said this must have been a STA coach since in his opinion anything less than first place is choking.
Dear Mr. James:

I had no conversation with any St. Thomas Aquinas coach until after the tournament when they were waiting for their team picture.

I do not disclose the names of individuals with whom I have conversations, as these conversations were private.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shane Koranda:
Gentlemen,

If you look at Richard's activity since this blew up, he's scaled by his dose of comments: 16 posts since this thread on 2/27...

It seems that he's not liking a taste of his own medicine and concentrating on the college board now...

(I'd like to point out I typed in Microsoft Word 2003 and copied/pasted to prevent typos. I've also included my real name too.)
AS for Koranda, April 15 2005 should be a very interesting day for you. Is that not the day when contract renewals are due. Your renewal will be a surprise!

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67971 03/04/05 11:56 AM
S
Scooby Offline
S
Asking myself this morning if I read this to get entertainment out of it or if I am just in aw of the situation.

I think this has gotten ugly and time to probably move forward and let the chips fall where they may. For some I am sure that you may find yourself hurting some from the words spoken- I think in best interest of everyone that moving forward is the best answer.

I honestly was to the point I enjoy coming on and reading post but this one went nuts in a hurry. I believe it start out as a joking matter and ended up much more.

To Shane I hope Richard doesn't resign your contracts because of things said on here-- I could see it if you were a poor official or he just didn't like your style but to hold a chat room conversion as the reason is poor. Specially when he says it is crap for those that don't use their real names- maybe this is why we don't. This is for fun and games and now the line has been drawn--

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67972 03/04/05 01:20 PM
Ron James Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by RichardDSalyer:
Quote:
Originally posted by Brettimus:
And all of our coaches are great coaches and they all show respect, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Apparently reading comprehension is not taught at Manhattan High School.

Apparently you have not learned reading comprehension yourself, because if you were to read my other posts I state that I did not in fact believe that a STA coach would say something like that about Manhattan. My point is that obviously whatever coach said this his own team choked, because he believes that 2nd place is choking. His team didn't take 1st or 2nd so his team choked by his own reasoning.

Also on the reading comprehension side of things, just like some of my 3rd graders I believe you must have rushed through your response because you still didn't answer all of my questions.

So I ask again "Secondly, how exactly was Manhattan the favorite when Aquinas has been ranked ahead of Manhattan almost the entire season and they qualified just as many wrestlers? So, does that mean that Aquinas' regional was weak also?"

You also say it is difficult to slander a pseudonym. Yet you were able to produce the name of the person that uses the screen name coachtwink. So you definitely knew who you were talking about. And I doubt you are the only person on this forum that knows coachtwink.

As you stated "Slander: the act of saying something false or malicious that damages somebody’s reputation."

What was your intention if not to damage this person's reputation?

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67973 03/04/05 02:05 PM
coachtwink Offline
Scooby,

I suppose we now know the importance of using pseudonyms on this forum.

Salyer,

I suppose I now have a legitimate complaint. So again, please identify your reasoning or retract your statement.

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67974 03/04/05 03:28 PM
Ryan Jilka Offline
Wow! You guys want a quote?

"Why can't we all just get along?"~Rodney King

Smile. Laugh. Relax.

"The days I can keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are good days" ~ Judy Hubbard
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67975 03/04/05 03:31 PM
Ron James Offline
MAW congrats on 200 posts!

Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67976 03/04/05 05:00 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Quote:
Originally posted by pennywise#2:
Quote:
Originally posted by RichardDSalyer:
Quote:
Originally posted by Brettimus:
And all of our coaches are great coaches and they all show respect, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Apparently reading comprehension is not taught at Manhattan High School.

Apparently you have not learned reading comprehension yourself, because if you were to read my other posts I state that I did not in fact believe that a STA coach would say something like that about Manhattan. My point is that obviously whatever coach said this his own team choked, because he believes that 2nd place is choking. His team didn't take 1st or 2nd so his team choked by his own reasoning.

Also on the reading comprehension side of things, just like some of my 3rd graders I believe you must have rushed through your response because you still didn't answer all of my questions.

So I ask again "Secondly, how exactly was Manhattan the favorite when Aquinas has been ranked ahead of Manhattan almost the entire season and they qualified just as many wrestlers? So, does that mean that Aquinas' regional was weak also?"

You also say it is difficult to slander a pseudonym. Yet you were able to produce the name of the person that uses the screen name coachtwink. So you definitely knew who you were talking about. And I doubt you are the only person on this forum that knows coachtwink.

As you stated "Slander: the act of saying something false or malicious that damages somebody’s reputation."

What was your intention if not to damage this person's reputation?
You are correct about my rush to reply.

I have learned reading comprenhension fine, thank you.

Was the regional attended by St. Thomas weaker than the Wichita Northwest regional? In my opinion, yes.

At the time of the original post I did not know who Coachtwink was. My use of the name was just a guess, based on numerous posts by Grant regarding a former coach referred to as Male Kann.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Good job, Hat Town/Aquinas #67977 03/04/05 05:26 PM
Ron James Offline
Thank you for the response Mr. Salyer. This has been a great debate.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 139 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,943
Posts250,375
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)