Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Expocenter Security Guard On Power Trip #444 03/31/04 11:11 PM
R
RHS152 Offline
R
whenever i went down, i always said i was up in 5 and he let me through, even tho i really wasnt up in 5

Re: Expocenter Security Guard On Power Trip #445 03/31/04 11:17 PM
R
RHS152 Offline
R
i saw some kids that were like up in one match tellin the security guard that and the security guy was like u have to go around, some of them prolly ended up late to the match. I thought it was a bunch of B.S. if u ask me

Re: Expocenter Security Guard On Power Trip #446 03/31/04 11:26 PM
D
deeohh Offline
D
They were not really security gaurds. They were in fact referees that could'nt work at the State finals due to bad calls at district. That might explain the sour attitudes.

Re: Expocenter Security Guard On Power Trip #447 04/01/04 02:46 AM
M
mtisch Offline
M
I don't buy that last post. All the officials in Kansas have way more smarts than Super Idiot showed on the stairs by the head table.

Re: Expocenter Security Guard On Power Trip #448 04/01/04 02:50 AM
T
TAKE IT2 THEMAT Offline
T
He stopped my son from coming down to warm up prior to the finals when the back side matches were winding down with only 2 mats wrestling. I asked him who's decision it was not to let anyone on the mats to warm up. He turned and asked the head table if they wanted to allow kids on the mats to warm up, and they said sure. So it's apparent he was making up some of his own rules. In any case, 5 matches is a hardly enough time to get stretched and focused after sitting in the stands for 2 hours.

Re: Expocenter Security Guard On Power Trip #449 04/01/04 03:49 AM
L
loud&proudmama Offline
L
This "kind security officer" may have been doing his job, but he overstepped his boundries with many people, on many occasions. After the finals match, the kids were sent to go get their plaques at the head table, and were told to go down the stairway by the head table. I happened to be walking, and talking with my young son, congratulating him on his big win, and helping him get dressed.(there was quite a draft in the expo all day.) I also had a table workers pass, but had no intention of going down on the floor with my son. I went down the steps, pointed to where he needed to go, and what he needed to do. I wasn't blocking anyone or anything at that time. This guy told me "to get off the stairs, that they had enough people down there, and that the kids knew what to do." Well, my son is young, and had never been at this point in his wrestling career. He didn't have a clue what to do with the bout sheet. Anyway, after he spoke to me very rudely, he proceeded to push me up the stairs. I informed him, "I was going," but I had just recently had knee surgery, and can't manuever the stairs as quickly as I usually can. He once again placed his hands on my back, and gave me another shove. At that point, I'd had just about enough. I turned around and said again, "I'm going, and get your hands off of me." I also informed him that he had no right to touch me, and had he done it again, I would have considered filing charges on him for assault. What a jerk!!

I understand that they have a big job to do, but come on buddy...get a life.

Re: Expocenter Security Guard On Power Trip #450 04/01/04 03:51 AM
L
loud&proudmama Offline
L
By the way, thanks Craig Adams, I'll do just what you suggested. I'll make my call tomorrow.

Re: Expocenter Security Guard On Power Trip #451 04/01/04 04:00 AM
Larry Perez Offline
I know who that security member is and he used to be a member of or club. But never coached because he had to work the state tournament. He had the match number list of when we can up and would not even let us down unless "we were up in 5" Luckly he is no longer a member of our club!

Re: Expocenter Security Guard On Power Trip #452 04/01/04 12:59 PM
Coach Packard Offline
I didn't attend the State tourney this year due to my Brother's wedding on Sat. in Mo. Weren't there 2 ways down to and 2 ways up from the floor? I would have just bypassed the "jerks" side and used the other side of the arena. Or was the entire place manned by the same type of "person"? I have noticed in the past that some were not hassled when trying to get on the floor, and others seemed to need to prove endlessly that they did belong down there. I would love to see the tourney moved to another location, but don't know where that could be.

Re: Expocenter Security Guard On Power Trip #453 04/01/04 02:28 PM
B
BigDog39 Offline
B
I went down that stairway probably twenty times this weekend and had very little trouble. He did seem grouchy or angry (maybe stress), but only stopped me the first time to check my passes. The problem I had with him is related to another posting. He told me as the mats were being pulled up that I should have a talk with the other coaches to stop the flow of contaband food coming in to the expo. I have no idea why he said this to me, but I informed him that the coaches have little or no direct contact with most of the wrestlers at the tournament until it is time for them to compete. The parents bring their kids to the event and it is difficult to police everyone. I also told him that the Expo needed to lighten up a little on the food situation because most of our wrestling families were working folks that had to save money just to get their wrestlers this far. I also told him that if the prices were more reasonable then the bringing in of food would not be as necessary. I do agree that he did seem overbearing to others in line ahead of me and to several of the kids. We need to contact the Expo and tell them how we feel.

Re: Expocenter Security Guard On Power Trip #454 04/01/04 03:08 PM
W
wrestlemom Offline
W
Not to mention the selection of food on the venue. Just what my "athlete" would like to have for breakfast --- a hot dog!

Re: Expocenter Security Guard On Power Trip #455 04/01/04 06:26 PM
B
BigDog39 Offline
B
I hadn't thought of wrestlemom, but your right. I am a diabetic and literally had nothing for myself all weekend. Just water. I was busy and am not complaining, but others with more free time might have seen it differently.

Re: Expocenter Security Guard On Power Trip #456 04/03/04 01:01 AM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Larry, who is this SUPER IDIOT?

Also for anyone who has called, what did they say about SUPER IDIOT?

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 146 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)