Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76265 03/03/04 12:27 AM
srlarson Offline
Its impossible hold all religions correct at the same time too many different ways to enlightenment, if you know what I mean.

There many web sights discussing the history of the bible.
http://atheism.about.com/library/weekly/aa032199c.htm

It is a human inclination to fo seek the truth.
But when you only have one or a few sources the end result is what you wanted in the first place.We should follow rules that would give objective results regardless of our beliefs.If you ask what is the meaning of life, you are assuming there is a meaning.

Back in the day when I wrestled they only took mugshots of the contestants
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76266 03/03/04 12:39 AM
J
jmadden Offline
J
What is Not Appropriate is using this wrestling forum for this topic.

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76267 03/03/04 12:44 AM
fris kitzgerald Offline
THANK YOU take this to a religion forum lets get back to mindless posts and wity banter and listenting to prant garker

The FISH RETURNS
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76268 03/03/04 12:46 AM
srlarson Offline
You don't have click on this thread

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76269 03/03/04 01:09 AM
otohp_15 Offline
why believe when you can know?

if you don't like something change it, if you can't change it, change your attitude
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76270 03/03/04 02:24 AM
E
Ex-tong189 Offline
E
The reason of science to me isn't to disprove God but rather find out how he may of done some of the things in our world. Its a question of "how not who". Christians are taught to love everyone even if they disagree with how they are living.....its not our place to judge someone....thats for their creator. We are just supposed to guide and help our fellow man find God who we love and trust. Now to Sr. Larson's post that asked does believing in a oderless, colorless supreme being,....make him real.....well you can't see the air you breath but that doesn't stop you from breathing does it?...Some would say well you can see wind and thats air....no thats the effect of air....you can also see the effects of God on people's life! Im not on here to make you believe the way I do but I think you have some common misconseptions(spelling) of what it is to be a Christian. Calling someone God is in violation of the Ten Commandments and I believe it is wrong....but I will not say that I have not said things like this before.....yet Christ died so I could be forgiven for the wrong things I do...I have repented and tried not to do so again...the prayer most wrestlers say to God is for safety and use of their abilities which God gave them not to win the match or something like that!!!

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76271 03/03/04 02:25 AM
Mike Furches Offline
srlarson: Tell you what, I'll debate you on the truth of atheism vs. the truth or existence of God. Honest to goodness, in a open and public forum, fair and amicable. After we are done we can have a wrestling match between Nigel and Sweazy if they are open to it, sell tickets and use the money to donate to under privileged kids or something. If they are not interested we could still do the debate. I can provide the venue and will pay for your mileage to Wichita and put you up while you are here. I do believe that would be a fun and enlightening event, if not interested you can provide your best representative and I’ll provide mine. I would personally be willing to use Mr. Dedalaus to sit in for me if you want. One point of interest is that even according to most atheists, the scientific explanation and general acceptance of the Big Bang Theory has done more to turn people away from atheism than any scientific fact over the last 100 years or more.

Sweazy, obviously your initial question opened up a whole can of worms, probably not intended. I personally hate religion as did I believe Jesus. Don't know if that was clear in my inital post, I do appreciate Martial's comments, I think. I will say that many are obviously passionate about their belief or lack thereof in God.

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76272 03/03/04 02:30 AM
E
Ex-tong189 Offline
E
THis is a topic though I feel is best spent on a diffent forum yet is one worth talking about...I don't know if that was in my initial post....I just thought I would put my two cents in...We should be talking about wrestling though and have our religious dicussions somewhere else.

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76273 03/03/04 02:30 AM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Oh and Dwelsh, need I remind you of the crusades? [/qb][/QUOTE]I am fully aware of the Crusades. They were serious mistakes/errors by religious fruit cakes. Need I remind you AGAIN of Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler, etc...

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76274 03/03/04 02:33 AM
srlarson Offline
Yes I would be interested there needs to be an agreement of reason before hand. When you say things like ...

l One point of interest is that even according to most atheists, the scientific explanation and general acceptance of the Big Bang Theory has done more to turn people away from atheism than any scientific fact over the last 100 years or more.

You must be able to prove it. Beyond any doubt.

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76275 03/03/04 02:37 AM
K
kayleigh Offline
K
And I'm sure that someone eles Great had that name too. But you dont see anyone bashing it or bringing religion into it. You all need to get over the whole "God" thing.
All I'm saying is if you don't like it then don't get on this forum and read it!!!

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76276 03/03/04 02:57 AM
Dingbat Offline
*see below*

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76277 03/03/04 03:01 AM
Mike Furches Offline
Srlarson, just sent you an email, hope you get it and respond. Regarding your point of proving it, works both ways, but to answer your question, see any of the following on this particular point, Debate between William Lane Craig and Quentin Smith, Theism, Atheism and Big Bang Cosmology,(Oxford Clarendon Press, 1993), pp. 125-129, 148-157 also a revised article by Craig,, "The Caused Beginning of the Universe," or Atheism Versus Christianity William Lane Craig Versus Frank Zindler 1994, Willow Creek Community Church, British Journal for the Philosophy of Science 44 (1993) Stanley L. Jaki's The Absolute Beneith the Relative (Lanham, MD University Press of America, 1988) and The Only Chaos (Lanham, MD University Press of America, 1990)I generally don't just say things I can't prove although there is a lot I freely admit I don't know. Apologetics have been a life long passion. Many assume that Christianity can't prove their points. One challenge is that you say we can't prove God exists, I say, neither can you prove that he don't exist, therefore one has to depend on other evidence to validate a specific point look especially at the wyatt link provided above. Could go on but really believe this debate should take place off line since this is a wrestling forum. I will be interested to see if you are willing to search out the material I provided for you since you were so quick to jump on me to prove my point.

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76278 03/03/04 03:42 AM
srlarson Offline
There are many obvious thigs wrong with making a statement like that.

Who has talked to "most atheists" to ask them about the Big Bang?

I don't think most atheist are atheists because of the Big Bang. Although many true believers do conclude that because we have proven it mathatically, God exits.

I haven't figured out how a mathamatical formula proves God exists.

On KAZAA you can download Creation Universe thats where I saw it.

Its the conclusion that God exists even from all the facts mankind can think of.

God or monotheism came about in a time when the people "knew" that magic was a reality. Things could happen from no appearant reason. They then looked to the knowledgeable ones, the ones that had the most believable reason. God did it because he's angry, because he likes you. Then the knowledgeable ones asked for a donation to the cause. Not to much has changed except our perception of the universe we are a small insignifcant species living on a rock in space.

Before the Big Bang we may never know. It puzzles me how a God could exist for a millinea and one day a universe a rock with cognitive species on it and then you are on your own.
Since we know what causes plagues fammines earthquakes floods God hasn't been the cause of much history like in earlier times. Then God scared everyone with castrophes then says you have free will to believe or not.

You have admit that modern times gives different explanations to natural catasrophies.

Why things happen, we "believe" there must be a reason, it doesn't have be "God" as the reason.
It simply is.

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76279 03/03/04 03:45 AM
D. Petrosky Offline
Why is it that everytime religion is brought up on this forum there are so many people that get upset over it?

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76280 03/03/04 03:47 AM
D. Petrosky Offline
There are a large number of wrestlers who take time to run out on the wrestling mat, strap there leg band on and take time to pray on the mat before they begin to wrestle. So why not take time to talk about it on a wrestling forum?

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76281 03/03/04 03:54 AM
Dingbat Offline
because god really cares who wins a Kansas High School wrestling match...

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76282 03/03/04 03:55 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Petrosky,

I think the reason people get upset is that they have become adapted to GOD not being allowed in school, so he is like the new kid they don't want to include on the wrestling team.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76283 03/03/04 03:59 AM
Dingbat Offline
I think everyone should read A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller. It will put things in perspective for the sheep and make you question your reasoning for getting up early every Sunday morning.

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76284 03/03/04 04:00 AM
Dingbat Offline
The Darkness rules.

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 179 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)