Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76325 03/05/04 09:12 AM
P
Phil Offline
P
I am not a real religous person, but I do beleve in a higher being and I do attend church occassionally. Seriously though, this thread is wearing me out. It think it should be deleted. If someone calls another person "God," it should not be taken seriously. As far as I know, no one knows God on a personal level. Calling someone God is a compliment, saying that they are good at something. It is not that someone thinks that they are actually God. If my post sounds stupid that is alright, because I haven't read most of the post's on this thread, I just saw a lot of scriptures and what not, and realized that this has gone way too far and everyone has their own opinion about religion and no one will change it based on some post's on this forum....

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76326 03/05/04 03:37 PM
Jason A. Ross Offline
Larson:

It is hard to pinpoint the beliefs of jews. Some jews relate to your article where as others have different questions.

Here is a list of prophesies fullfilled by christ.

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/messiah.htm

Do a web search on the odds of one man fullfilling prophecy. Here is one link that speaks of some odds.

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aiia/jesus-odds.html

Have Fun!

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76327 03/06/04 06:47 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Quote:
"no one means an offense by saying an athlete is a god, they just mean they are good"
Sounds like they are in need of spell check to add an "O"

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76328 03/07/04 06:52 PM
K
kayleigh Offline
K
Is everyone done talking about this stupid subject.. we never meant anything by it, then it means hes a GREAT wrestler!!

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76329 03/07/04 08:11 PM
L
Light Em Up Offline
L
i understand trying to refer to someone as being the best, but please, choose your words carefully

Never count us out!
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76330 03/07/04 08:51 PM
srlarson Offline
So much for freedom of speech, there are quite a few words that have restricted use acording to the believers in a apparent atempt at preserving the sanctity of their religion. If people want to call someone god so be it. Is it for some to decide who, what is god for others?

Back in the day when I wrestled they only took mugshots of the contestants
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76331 03/08/04 06:32 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Heck I was mad when some punk on American Idol came on there with his twin brother saying he'd slash his throat if it meant winning...and his name was JESUS! Not pronounced Hey-Seuss either...to first of all have that name, someone needs to slap the parents, second of all if you have that name don't be a prick.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76332 03/09/04 02:46 AM
K
kayleigh Offline
K
So now your calling Jake a prick..what did he ever do to you!???

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76333 03/09/04 03:38 AM
C
connelly135 Offline
C
I just want to say that God will prove his wrath when this life is over. And nobody will be calling anyone god, but the one and only!

Max Connelly
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76334 03/09/04 04:27 AM
Dingbat Offline
I honestly can't believe that this topic is still going.

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76335 03/09/04 06:13 PM
havid deidrick Offline
Hey Jason Ross. I read that article about nothing, something, and all that. I found it very interesting however, brought up some good points. Like this:since the Eternal Something is the only thing that can exist transendentaly (outside of space and time) and he cannot create anything else transendentaly, then that means heaven and hell are in this universe somewhere, we can go there and find them, they are material. where are they?

Big Dave
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76336 03/09/04 06:29 PM
fris kitzgerald Offline
Please This topic is getting old and it all started because people called Jake Kreigbaum god. GET OVER IT. Whether you believe in god or not whether you think of a higher power or not this is getting so old that people can post sites to go to learn about god just pick up a bible or sumtin this is WRESTLING FORUM not a RELIGION FORUM

The FISH RETURNS
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76337 03/09/04 07:11 PM
EYEofTHEtiger_133 Offline
Thank you! I totally agree, get this religion stuff off of the wrestling forum... I'm sure that there are plenty of religous forums... none of which probably contain anything about wrestling.

Take Care Of Business!
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76338 03/10/04 05:45 PM
Jason A. Ross Offline
"since the Eternal Something is the only thing that can exist transendentaly (outside of space and time) and he cannot create anything else transendentaly, then that means heaven and hell are in this universe somewhere, we can go there and find them, they are material"

i dont understand all the details myself.

Heres my opinion.

God can create a heaven and hell that are outside this universe.

Alternate Opinion

The universe is pretty big. If heaven and hell are material, they might be so far away from earth that they are undetectable.

The Sorry Truth

a lot of people feel like life on earth is "hell."

The Reality

The location of heaven and hell have no effect on your salvation. You do not have to know the directions to get there.

A glimmer of Hope

being in heaven will be even better than winning a wrestling match!

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76339 03/12/04 02:39 AM
W
Wrestlin1224 Offline
W
Cheese and Rice

Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76340 03/12/04 03:25 AM
srlarson Offline
As I've tried to state before since God is outside of this universe he can be anything or everything you want. Especially if it makes it easy to want to believe, I worship the right God,
he will protect me from my enemies,evil. He will show me the way to get the things I want(things he wants me to want) If I don't them here in this life the true believers(and only the true believers) will get them in the next life. Might be an offer to good to be true.

Back in the day when I wrestled they only took mugshots of the contestants
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76341 03/12/04 07:16 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Quote:
So now your calling Jake a prick..what did he ever do to you!???
God with all of the special needs classes down the road maybe you can learn to read better...I never said anything about Jake in that post...I was going off on a guy by the name of JESUS that was on American Idol saying he would slash his own brother's throat. There is no mention of GOD either...so that eliminates Jake too...my quote was Jake free.

Here it is...maybe if you read slow enough you'll get it, if you don't, I'm sure someone can print out a braile version for you.

Quote:
Heck I was mad when some punk on American Idol came on there with his twin brother saying he'd slash his throat if it meant winning...and his name was JESUS! Not pronounced Hey-Seuss either...to first of all have that name, someone needs to slap the parents, second of all if you have that name don't be a prick.
Open your eyes and quit being so whiney and accusing people of things they didn't even mention...everything you've tried to retaliate on me never mentioned a name of a Kansas wrestler let alone one that you have so much pride in. If you think I don't like a certain person or think he's good, maybe you need to read a certain newspaper in a rival town this week and find out yourself.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76342 03/12/04 04:12 PM
EYEofTHEtiger_133 Offline
You all need to drop the "God" thing and get back to what this forum is supposed to be about... WRESTLING!

Take Care Of Business!
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76343 03/12/04 05:11 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Well Wrestling is GOD's Sport...so it fits.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: Calling People GOD...thoughts? #76344 03/14/04 05:25 AM
Jason A. Ross Offline
"As I've tried to state before since God is outside of this universe he can be anything or everything you want.

Especially if it makes it easy to want to believe, I worship the right God,
he will protect me from my enemies,evil.

He will show me the way to get the things I want(things he wants me to want) If I don't them here in this life the true believers(and only the true believers) will get them in the next life.

Might be an offer to good to be true."

Larson, what christians have you been talking too?

Yes god can be everything you want him to be. BUT he won't and probably isn't. Nobody can make God do things for them. I can't make God give me squat. Although God does protect us from evil, he also lets things happen. God lets things happen to us to mold us and others into better people. God even lets bad things happen to us becuase he tests us....GULP....Read about a man named JOB from the bible. God does not give "true christians" what they want on earth. But in heaven they do get what they want. What is that they want. To worship God and have all pain eliminated from their lives. A true Christian is not concerned with what God can do for them. They are concerened with what they can do for God and God's people. A true Christian wants to honor God in everything he does. And they believe in loving their neighbors as they love theirselves. True christians are the best friends you will ever have because they dont care about your looks (money, possesions, sins, etc)----they care about your soul. They don't want the non-saved to miss out eternal life with God in heaven.

The story of Job

In the story, Satan challenges God, saying that the loyal and righteous Job would abandon his faith if he were the victim of a series of terrible trials. God takes the bet and Job is subjected to a slew of raw deals. Job gets angry, but ultimately realizes the power and glory of God, and his faith carries him through. The theme of the story addresses the question of why bad things happen to good people, and is the source of the phrase "the patience of Job."

i'll shut up now. Christians--please correct me on any information that i have given or give that is or may be wrong.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 179 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)