Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Coaches leaving? #82852 06/19/06 02:53 PM
T
tommyt Offline
T
Does anybody know where Coach Bahe and his family might be moving to? That would be a huge pickup for some team. Getting a great coach and a great wrestler in one. Well good luck Coach Bahe where ever you are going.

Re: Coaches leaving? #82853 06/20/06 11:01 PM
lookwhosback Offline
To tell the truth, coach movement is not that unusual anymore. It has become harder to be a coach (in any sport).

When those of my generation competed, your high school coach automatically got your respect and the respect of the parents and community because the were the coach. That isn't the case anymore.

Parents who never wrestled but have a few years of watching kids wrestling under their belts think they're smarter than the high school coach. The wealthier of these parents send their kids to this camp or that camp with coaches there who say whatever the parents want to hear. Now they're smarter than the high school coach.

And now we have kids who you can't talk mean to or parents who have coaches and/or ADs on speed dial to complain about everything from fairness of wrestleoffs to the color of singlets being too revealing (don't laugh, it's happened).

And, of course, we have the Richards of the world to whom we are all answerable at all times.

It is sad to say but coaching has become a tougher profession — not just because of competition, but because it tougher to get people to leave you alone to coach.

And it happens, even to the best. Even top notch coaches get this treatment. They may not want to admit it publicly, but trust me, it happens. At some point enough becomes enough and they move on.

I truly hope that Coach Bahe moved on for all the right reasons (like a new challenge or opportunity) and not because of the problems that have been created.

Re: Coaches leaving? #82854 06/21/06 06:16 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Quote:
Originally posted by chewie:
I see that the head job at Wamego is open now also.
Where is Coach Ewing going? Heck a few years ago they had the coach of the year, then voila...forced out by administration there.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Coaches leaving? #82855 06/21/06 02:42 PM
Scarecrow_103 Offline
I heard olathe East needs a new head coach.

Re: Coaches leaving? #82856 06/21/06 02:48 PM
Scarecrow_103 Offline
Anderson County, Goodland, Colby, Wamego, Wellington, and Winfield.

Re: Coaches leaving? #82857 06/21/06 06:43 PM
H
HSKRWRSTLNG Offline
H
Coach Gonzales was not forced out at Wamego. He chose to move to Florida to pursue other interests. He is now in Iraq serving his country.

Re: Coaches leaving? #82858 06/22/06 05:57 PM
NWKCAT Offline
Bahe is maoving to Great Bend

Re: Coaches leaving? #82859 06/22/06 06:23 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by NWKCAT:
Bahe is maoving to Great Bend
To be their wrestling coach?

Re: Coaches leaving? #82860 06/23/06 09:04 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Crusader assistant to take over wrestling program

Published: Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:14 PM CDT

Jesse Dale to take over reigns next season

Wellington - When Jesse Dale returns to school this fall things might be familiar - teaching physical education, assistant football coach, etc., but after football season is over things will change.

Come the winter sports season, assistant wrestling coach will begin in earnest the job he was official named to Wednesday.

Dale takes over as head wrestling coach for Curtis Gocke.

Gocke, a native of Nebraska, returns to his home state to take over the wrestling program at Plattsmouth High School, just south of Omaha.

For Dale, it is his second year at Wellington High after a stint at Arkansas City High School, his alma mater.

While at ACHS he served as assistant football, wrestling and baseball coach.

As assistant baseball coach to Aaron Bucher, Dale played a major part in the Bulldogs 2002 State Baseball Championship.

After high school, Dale graduated from Butler County Community College in El Dorado and Southwestern College, Winfield.

While at Southwestern, Dale played football for current Friends University head coach Monte Lewis.

Dale is the third wrestling coach at Wellington High School in the last three years.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Coaches leaving? #82861 06/23/06 10:36 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Price, Konrade, Brenn hired

By Courier Staff

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Winfield school board officially hired three new varsity coaches for the 2006-07 season Monday evening at its regularly scheduled meeting.

Andrew Brenn was named head coach of the Winfield High School wrestling team.

Brenn replaces Lance Lusk, who resigned in May.

More details will be available in future editions of the Courier.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Coaches leaving? #82862 06/23/06 10:37 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Former Winfield High School wrestling coach Lance Lusk is the new wrestling coach at El Dorado High School!

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Coaches leaving? #82863 06/23/06 10:50 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Wrestling coach, elementary principal resign

BELINDA LARSEN Assistant News Editor
June 13, 2006

Augusta's Board of Education met in a special meeting Monday evening to discuss personnel and the district food service agreement.

An executive session of the Augusta School Board was held Monday evening to discuss personnel issues.

The following resignations were accepted and announced:

Terry Alley, high school PE/Health/Wrestling

In a letter dated May 15 and submitted to Board of Education, Terry Alley indicated that he would be applying for early retirement after 11 years working in the Augusta school system.

New hires for the district included:

Brandon Terry, AHS PE/Health/Wrestling

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Coaches leaving? #82864 06/24/06 12:06 AM
J
jeffroberts Offline
J
I worked for the current administrator at Wamego for 5 years. She left to become the principal at Wamego at the end of the 5 years. Our staff moral declined severely in the five years she was our principal. I spoke to a basketball coach from Wamego several years later, he left after one year. Her adminstrative style in his opinion, had not changed, his comment was "I would not walk across the street to **** on her if she was on fire." I cannot imagine someone enjoying working for that administrator.

Re: Coaches leaving? #82865 06/24/06 01:42 PM
lookwhosback Offline
Wondered what was going on at Wamego — that had always been a pretty solid program. Unfortunately, unsupportative administration can make a place fairly unpleasant to be around.

Re: Coaches leaving? #82866 06/24/06 01:45 PM
lookwhosback Offline
And I guess that would also explain what was going at Hiawatha prior to that...

Re: Coaches leaving? #82867 06/24/06 02:03 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
I guess there are unsupportive administrations in Iowa too?

Re: Coaches leaving? #82868 06/24/06 09:19 PM
J
jeffroberts Offline
J
The wamego adminstrator was previously at Horton High School.

Re: Coaches leaving? #82869 06/24/06 10:05 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Quote:
Originally posted by jeffroberts:
The wamego adminstrator was previously at Horton High School.
One would expect an individual who confuses Xanadu with Vinton, Iowa to be, well, confused.

Our friend from Xanadu (Vinton, Iowa) has recently resigned another high school wrestling coaches postion.

Perhaps the former coach will find success in his new position as Publisher/Editor of the weekly Vinton Eagle newspaper.

The Vinton Eagle

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Coaches leaving? #82870 06/25/06 01:08 AM
lookwhosback Offline
Richard, you know what? You are really full of it.

For your information — and I realize fact aren't terribly useful to you, but what the heck — my wife and I started the newspaper ourselves last June as a new business venture. I knew going into this season that trying to juggle a business and being head wrestling coach was going to be difficult. We managed a season that saw us finish up tying the school record in dual meet wins and have seven wrestlers finish with 28 wins or more.

On top of the new business, my father was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's which has also forced me to divide my focus. I needed to make a choice and the choice was to place my family and my new business first. We were fortunate to get a former Hall of Fame coach who lived in the area to take over the program and keep things going in the right direction. And I will not miss a meet as I will be covering the wrestling program.

Richard, you are a sad and pathetic human being and you always have been. For you to make a comment about me having to give up coaching because of other factors in my life without having the slighest idea what you are talking about only proves that. From the time I started coaching in Kansas you have attempted to belittle me to make yourself feel better. My father's illness and the need to keep my business going were the factors, and you are utterly contemptable for trying to spin it otherwise.

In the future Richard, you why don't you keep you mouth and keybord shut until you actually know what you are talking about.

Oh, and thanks for the plug for the paper. I only hope to someday be as perfect as you.

Re: Coaches leaving? #82871 06/25/06 01:31 AM
voice of reason Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by lookwhosback:
Richard, you know what? You are really full of it.

For your information — and I realize fact aren't terribly useful to you, but what the heck — my wife and I started the newspaper ourselves last June as a new business venture. I knew going into this season that trying to juggle a business and being head wrestling coach was going to be difficult. We managed a season that saw us finish up tying the school record in dual meet wins and have seven wrestlers finish with 28 wins or more.

On top of the new business, my father was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's which has also forced me to divide my focus. I needed to make a choice and the choice was to place my family and my new business first. We were fortunate to get a former Hall of Fame coach who lived in the area to take over the program and keep things going in the right direction. And I will not miss a meet as I will be covering the wrestling program.

Richard, you are a sad and pathetic human being and you always have been. For you to make a comment about me having to give up coaching because of other factors in my life without having the slighest idea what you are talking about only proves that. From the time I started coaching in Kansas you have attempted to belittle me to make yourself feel better. My father's illness and the need to keep my business going were the factors, and you are utterly contemptable for trying to spin it otherwise.

In the future Richard, you why don't you keep you mouth and keybord shut until you actually know what you are talking about.

Oh, and thanks for the plug for the paper. I only hope to someday be as perfect as you.
This is not the first time he has done something like this. What I want to know is why a moderator and board member of Kansas Kids Wrestling is allowed to continue this type of behavior?

Sincerely,

James
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 164 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,383
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)