Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
"Gonzaga" #108181 04/22/07 01:21 PM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone remember when you heard this name you used to think of basketball?

Re: "Ganzaga" [Re: Mike Furches] #108258 04/24/07 12:55 PM
Shane Koranda Offline

Last edited by Shane Koranda; 04/24/07 11:02 PM.

Shane Koranda
Towanda, Ks.
Re: "Ganzaga" [Re: Shane Koranda] #108265 04/24/07 02:00 PM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
If you watched UFC 70 last week I think you might see I am correct and you are talking about the wrong Zaga, (btw I did change the a to an o you were right on that point. What good wrestling fan would refer to a basketball team here? But then a play on words is something you can't always get into or understand, we know how officals have a one track mind...

As to call backs, Oh I don't know, getting to bed about 2:00 because of work, havng a son that needed a little more recovery than he thought, and having to be out a lot lately (work is good for me at the moment, and that means out a lot.) Wait until July, I'll likely be gone most of the month from Cali to ND and a few places in between. Also if during church hours, for me anytime on Tuesday Night, (Band Practice) Saturday afternoon Between wrestling in 2 weeks and Faith In Film Group hosted at the house this day is totally booked up), and Sunday morning and Sunday night, you likely won't get me. Hows that for an answer. Then there are board meetings, work time, reviews and despite what some may think, a very busy time for me. Now how is that for an answer. Besides I have called back but we don't have very good mutual hours right now. Oh yea, what happened to the early Sunday afternoon call? I got home early and everything but don't recall ever getting it and my messages didn't show it. Hmmmmmm

Now back to my original topic, did anyone else expect Cro Cop to get the crap kicked out of him?

Re: "Ganzaga" [Re: Mike Furches] #108267 04/24/07 02:22 PM
K
klint deere Offline
K
Mike, i don't think anyone besides Couture was thinking that would happen. Did you see the knee? my boys were sore from wrestling and totally cringed out when they saw that. Was hoping Grice would take out Etim, especially after Rogan had hyped up his wrestling background.

Re: "Ganzaga" [Re: klint deere] #108269 04/24/07 02:46 PM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
I didn't think Grice would win but was hoping, I do think Grogan's comment about 4 State championships in Oklahoma is like 7 in California was way off base. As most wrestlers need to know, Grice needs to learn striking defense, defense off the back, and submissions. He can't shoot in like he did and not expect to get choked out. I think Grice was lucky it wasn't stopped earlier.

As to Gonzaga, he totally surprised me. I thought he had a chance if it went to the ground as he is a great grappler, but I never expected his striking ability to be like it was. I actually think the ref stopped it too soon prior to putting them on their feet, I thought "Oh Yea, give Cro Cop a chance to get back into it." I was totally wrong. I have watched the replay several times, and was very impressed with how Gonzaga kept circling to the left, taking the kick and attack away from Cro Cop and later on set up the kick to the head he did. Marvelous foot work imo.

Regarding the knee, we had a house full of guys and we were all yelling at the knee and ankle. Did you see the official cover his eyes before popping the leg out, that tells you how bad it was.

A great free night of UFC if you ask me. Only think I expected to hear but didn't was, "Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has now left the building."

Who do you pick between Gonzaga and Coulture? After seeing the fight, I think Gonzaga knocks him out.

Re: "Ganzaga" [Re: Mike Furches] #108278 04/24/07 08:25 PM
Beeson Offline
I think I have said this before, anybody who fights Couture can not win. If they knock him out, they beat an old man...a tough old man but still a man not in his prime. If they lose, they got whipped by an old man. No win situation.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: "Ganzaga" [Re: Beeson] #108280 04/25/07 02:04 AM
chewbacca Offline
i was at the kstate spring game (defense dominated snore-fest) and once i got home, i was greeted by the Arloski fight (another snore-fest)

when the main event started i thought "finally, i'll get to hear the gunshot sound of Crocop's shin meeting another man's leg", but i was shocked to see him come out flat and almost look uninterested. Gonzaga totally dominated him, which means that he will get to fight Couture while Crocop will get Arlovski or Sylvia.
when Gonzaga's foot met Crocop's head, the dollar signs in Dana White's eyes seemed to turn into a look of disappointment as he saw a Crocop vs. Couture fight sail away.

Maybe you're not an ugly human, but a good looking ape.....with exceptional verbal skills.
Re: "Ganzaga" [Re: chewbacca] #108859 05/10/07 08:01 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
If you think that's a name out of nowhere...Adrienne Doconu (probably spelling it wrong) will be Light Hwt or HWT Boxing champion in a year or 2 mark my words.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!

Moderated by  usawks1 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 151 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,928
Posts250,357
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)