Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: Mike Furches] #110678 07/09/07 09:32 PM
K
klint deere Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Made it back to Kansas in one piece or should i say 12 whole pieces. No Mike, did not try the steak this year, but did devour 12 of the steak for two specials with very little trouble, along with a couple of the boys eating the whole fresh jalepenos along the way.

We also hit a local authentic mexican food place in Ruidoso Downs, Disco taco, whose special tacos were made of "colita de pavo" and beef lips,basically turkey butt tacos and cow lips,,great stuff, don't sniff too hard, just eat it. The Quarters bar was straight out of Wild Hogs, cheap good food and bikers abounded. Our fourth was in Capitan at the Smokey bear rodeo where we had the only black kids and white people for miles around in our group! We also invaded a trout farm where the fish literally jumped on the hook.

We lucked out and stayed in beautiful Ruidoso (much by accident), with 50 degree temps in the night and gorgeous mountain settings, highly recommend it to anyone. Tried to drum up some wrestling workouts for the boys but the high school coach there thought i was possessed with a troop of 12 kids and 7 month pregnant wife in tow.

I have what i consider to be photographic confirmation of Waunita. My boys spotted her at the Roswell convention center milling through the various vendor booths. After purchasing our home space alien test kit (a bargain at 20 bucks) we pursued our elusive prey weaving through aura readings, new mexico lottery promotions (i won pretty good with the space invaders scratch offs)and other vendor booths. My daughter Scout helped distract the Sasquatch like female as i snapped a quick picture.
I asked world reknown UFO expert and nuclear physicist Stanton Friedman to review the pic, he stated that she was definitely an alien, possibly an illegal one at that! Good enough for me!

I am willing to share the picture with anyone who would like to see it, i am in the process of copyrighting the photo, but drop me a PM if you would like to see.

Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: klint deere] #110684 07/10/07 01:00 PM
Mike Furches Offline
Personally I think we need to find a way to make the photo the official Waunita photo, of course with a little paint shop no telling what you can get out of it. I am leaving out today 2:00 or thereabouts Bakersfield time, and arriving just before midnight at 11:59. I came close the one time, but it looks like Klint may have had the discovery of the year, of course with all of the
Waunita magnets traveling along with him is it any wonder?

Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: Mike Furches] #110686 07/10/07 01:45 PM
K
klint deere Offline OP
OP Offline
K
What i did not say is that i believe i have captured Waunita and Yolanda in the photo, still up for verification but pretty sure. I have shipped a few photos out and am working on cleaning up the shot a bit when i get the chance.....

Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: klint deere] #110711 07/12/07 10:03 PM
usawks1 Offline
Well ... (deep breath) ... I guess I need to respond to a few questions brought forth by the "less than informed" on my "relationship" with Waunita and Yolanda!!!!

An explanation to all ... will be forthcoming! A few of you are fairly new to encounters with the elusive, Waunita! In the next few days, I will try to enlighten you!!!

The "RH" Chief implies, is of course for, Red Head or Coach Rojo!!

I will try to get a few old posts pulled back up ... but a few, are in the archives!!!!

As we are approaching my return to Fargo, it seems an appropriate time to bring you up to date!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: usawks1] #110715 07/13/07 12:36 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
I figured there was an explanation for the tattoo Randy. I thought it might also mean, "Ridden Hard" or "Richard's Half-sister". (With all due respect, of course.)

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: Chief Renegade] #110723 07/13/07 11:14 PM
usawks1 Offline
Pardon me ... but LMAO!!!

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: usawks1] #110724 07/14/07 12:54 AM
usawks1 Offline
First, a little explanation! Whether her name is spelled Waunita, Jaunita, Wauneta … we are talking about the same women. Waunita, is a gypsy by birth. In her vagabond lifestyle, she has often changed her name to keep the believers befuddled and the non-believers, completely off-balance.

Next, the picture that Klint Deere is floating around … is one of the few pictures of Waunita and Yolanda!!! Descriptions of Waunita have varied throughout the years! On occasions, she might be described as 4’7”, 240 #’s, and a BMW. At other times, she is 5’8”, 130 #’s, and “kind of attractive in a rugged sort of way.” One distinguishing characteristic is her uni-brow! But as Richard can attest, the use of industrial strength Nair, can alter that!

I must tell you of a recent encounter with Waunita! I was at Hickory Hollow Golf Course where I work part-time. Twice this year, we have been completely flooded. A few days ago, following the most recent flood I was in the trees gathering limbs and such that had been washed in.

I was in the timber about 375 yards away from the nearest tee box. I was aware of someone on the tee but was engrossed in my MP3 player and was listening to, "You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind" by Smokin' Joe Walsh. My brother the Bracketman (where are you?) describes Walsh as “the pioneer in dry, provocative wit and entertainment, with an occasional walk on the political "incorrect" side.” I was singing along with the lyrics when I was puzzled! Walsh was screaming, “quatro Roscoe quatro.” I turned toward the tee box when suddenly I was aware of a howitzer coming toward me. Whacko … right between the eyes!

I had my eyes tightly closed! The pain was obvious but yet I felt a soothing calmness around me. My forehead had a cold compress on it and my head was being cradled in someone’s lap as they were gently stroking my hair! I batted my eyes a few times and began to focus on a woman’s face. She was kind of attractive in a rugged sort of way! I batted my eyes and peered at a uni-brow that belonged to Waunita! She kept softly uttering, “tell them my story, tell them my story!”

I closed my eyes at the gentle touch and drifted off to sleep. Whether it was seconds or hours, I don’t really know. But I awoke in the timber, all alone, and with the imprint of “Titleist” on my forehead. I recalled hearing the words “quatro” and remember thinking … four!!! Maybe she meant fore … but here is her story!

Now, I will take you back several years to the first introduction of Waunita to Kansas Wrestling! Perhaps I am over-stepping my bounds but Red Miller first revealed Waunita to the world.

A few years ago, Kansas wrestling had a 4-time State Champ named, Matt Gilliland. Most, knew this redhead as being from the great wrestling town of Hoxie. But a few, knew that Matt was originally from Manhattan!

About the same time, we on the forums became acquainted with Jhris Cennings from Manhattan. It was Red, that revealed to all that Matt and Jhris were actually brothers! The twins were born to Waunita!!

The conception has been a bone of contention with several. Waunita, who as I recall was living under the Manhattan bridge at the time, had a common law husband! (Red … you will have to fill in a few blanks in my memory) However, this husband was rendered sterile by some freak wrestling hold!

Anyway … Waunita found herself with child by an “immaculate contraption!” Fifteen months later, she gave birth to the twins, Matt and Jhris! One was a redhead and one had a uni-brow!

The recounting of the escapades is part on the archives in the Kansas Wrestling forum that we are still trying to recover. All of this is my best recollection!

Waunita has a lady of ink … she liked tattoos! She heard of a wrestling coach in Hoxie, Kansas that did artistic impressions in his basement! Waunita loaded up the twins and headed toward Coach Kirk Baker’s residence in Hoxie!

As I recall, they stopped off at the former Stuckey’s, now the Adult Superstore, outside of Abilene. There, they encountered a man named Nigel. Being short of funds, they managed to finance part of their trip by the twins doing magic acts while Waunita did a little pocket picking!

They arrived in Hoxie! Waunita arranged to be a canvas for a very artistic piece from Coach Baker. But Jhris, about 10 years old at the time, wanted a tattoo! He threw a fit … Waunita tried to calm the angry child but she couldn’t. Jhris wanted, “Viva la Taco Bell” tattooed on his hiney! Waunita however, was out of funds!!

Coach Baker, who was known to barter, made a deal. He would tattoo Jhris’s hiney if Waunita would leave the red headed Matt behind! Thus … Matt Gilliland was a 4-time State Champ for Hoxie instead of for Manhattan.

Now, you know of “part” of the relationship between Waunita, Manhattan, and Kansas Wrestling! The full involvement … between Waunita, Coach Rojo, Coach Rogon, and Coach Roscoe … is part of the lore. But those encounters are being furthered, in her encounters with Swayz, Klint, and yes, Chief Renegade!

Undoubtedly ... more will follow!

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: usawks1] #110725 07/14/07 01:36 AM
Bracket-man Offline
God Bless You, Sir Randy...to include Wichita, Kansas' own favorite son, Smokin' Joe, into this wonderful tale of Waunita is pure genius! Please continue, a good belly laugh is good for the soul.

Lucky it was a Titleist and not a Nike, the "swoosh" might suggest you had been inspected and approved...not safe around Waunita!!

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: Bracket-man] #110726 07/14/07 01:51 AM
usawks1 Offline
"inspected and approved?" ... no doubt! My wife is questioning where I got my new tattoo!! It says, "USDA Prime Choice" ... its' location is up to your speculation!

... and by the way, it is great to hear from you! We must have some karma working ... for you to appear now, is special!!!

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: usawks1] #110727 07/14/07 03:23 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Now that was both hilarious and informative. An important chapter in Kansas wrestling. It was no surprise that Waunita gave birth to a 4X State Champion. Her brute strength is legendary, as evidenced by Swayz's story about her barging into his work while he was packing fudge at Russell Stovers and trashing the place. I guess the Swayz had slammed her door so hard back in Abiline, that her jack-a-lope fell off the dresser and knocked over her last can of Billy beer. She was rambling on about heading toward Fargo to meet up with her favorite law man. Her story about their time in the woods was a little more descriptive. That being hearsay, I'll not repeat it on this forum.

As always Randy, be alert in Fargo...

Eric Johnson

Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: usawks1] #110728 07/14/07 04:24 AM
Bracket-man Offline
Always a pleasure to hear from you, as well...

Our "Prime Choice" seems to change through the years, just thankful we still have a "Prime Choice".

Speaking of karma, Brother Randy, I was listening to some Stillwater ("Talking Guitar") and Uriah Heep ("Stealin'"), which made me think of the fine folks of Kansas Wrestling. We are truly brothers of another age and time...

Really looking forward to your adventures from Fargo...good luck and be safe.

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: Bracket-man] #110789 07/20/07 11:40 PM
usawks1 Offline
In the woods with Waunita … the saga continues!

As suggested by one of my colleagues, there is more to my encounter in the woods with Waunita then I previously suggested. As you recall, I was nailed between the eyes by a Titleist golf ball. The “howitzer” came off of a tee box, 350 yards away. The duffer was of course, Waunita.

I related how I came to, to find my swollen frontal lobe in the caring hands of Waunita. I admitted that I fell back into an unconscious state and that is true … albeit, not completely true!

So, as Paul Harvey would say, “now … you will hear, the rest of the story.”

It is absolutely true that Waunita gave birth to at least one 4-timer in Kansas wrestling. The depth of her involvement within the sport is legendary and perhaps I will share that later. However currently, she is a practitioner in MMA and is an expert at submission wrestling!

Following the cranial contusion I was in-and-out of lucidness a few times. During one such episode, Waunita asked if I wanted a re-match!

Now, Waunita claims to have made me submit to her powers before … a claim that I deny. However, I accepted her offer to a bout. She hopped up with glee and dug through her golfbag. She announced, “here it is” as she tossed me a singlet and a mask. I gritted my teeth because I knew what she wanted. She was insisting that it was my turn, to play the luchador. Our bout was being contested under lucha libre rules. I admitted that, "I will submit to your request, but I will never submit in the match!”

I stepped behind some nearby shrubs and changed into my costume, as did Waunita. We both stepped into a clearing and in pure braggadocio style, complete with the tossing of ceremonial salt, announced our intentions. I began to circle and Waunita countered. She took a shot but I was quick with the down block and sprawl. She ran toward and up a hickory tree and did a back flip off of it. She was now behind me as I charged after her.

I set her up and was in deep on a nice double leg but she powered her hips into me and shot a hard crossface. I gathered myself and acknowledged her setting of the rules as I wiped the blood from my mouth as nose.

It was an epic struggle. For 30 minutes, the dust was flying as we both were. There were a few attempts to gain the submission but we both withstood the pain and powered out of the holds.

She faked a leg attack and I sprawled, Waunita snapped me into a front headlock. She yelled, “I’ve got you now” and I screamed, “No you don’t.” Waunita tightened the vise around my head. This bout was not about pinfalls; the name of the game was submission.

The world was beginning to close in on me. I was struggling for air and Waunita was screaming for me to tap. I would not relent, I could not give in … my next recollection was waking under the caring hands of Waunita. The mask I had been wearing was tossed aside; my singlet was mysteriously torn and ripped, Waunita said, “sorry Roscoe, you submitted to me!” She had a wonderfully content grin on her face as she stroked my cheek. I was shaking my head NO … she kept grinning and said, “yes Roscoe, yes … it was wonderful!”

I began pleading, that my submission was not a conscious act. I demanded a rematch. But she shook her head no, claiming … “you don’t have the energy for another match.” I tried to deny her claim but when I stood, the goose egg on my forehead began to throb and it dropped me to my knees. As I faded into unconsciousness, I was begging for a rematch.

Now, you know the rest of the story … so far as I know! I did not say “uncle.” Waunita may have choked me out … yes, she did choke me out. What happened then, only Waunita knows for sure. The rest of you can merely speculate what happened that day in the woods with Waunita.

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: usawks1] #110790 07/21/07 02:13 AM
usawks1 Offline
Waunita the Grappler!

As has been suggested, that mysterious vixen Waunita does have wrestling in her background. In fact, some of you old-timers may have seen her wrestle. Waunita wrestled professionally under the pseudo-name of Sherri Martel. A couple more of you may have heard of the untimely death of Sherri but in fact, that was the death of her character only, Waunita lives.

Now, when she did wrestle, she was known by several monikers. A few were Sensational Sherri, Sensuous Sherri, Spectacular Sherri or one Waunita really did enjoy, Scary Sherri.

Waunita or Sherri was under the tutelage of Lilian Ellison, better known as the Fabulous Moolah. The Fabulous one took the young Waunita under her wing. Moolah transformed the raw talent of Waunita into a great grappler names Sherri.

Waunita’s “in-ring” style was a combination built from the lucha libre and that of a mat technician. Waunita had, in fact still has, incredible leg strength. It has been said; she could crush a cantaloupe between her muscular thighs. This strength is attributed in part, to her upbringing. As a child, her mother made the young Waunita, smuggle turkeys and honey hams, out of the grocery store by concealing them between her knees.

Waunita is a brutal wrestler! She gains great satisfaction in making her opponents submit rather than pinning them. At times, she has been known to intentionally lift an opponents shoulders off the mat, so she could inflict more discomfort!

Many times, Waunita wrestled in “handicap” matches where she would face two opponents or compete in “cross gender” matches. In fact, the current “I quit” matches were founded, by Waunita. Of course, Waunita has never uttered those words.

Her mother first witnessed Waunita’s love of inflicting pain. Many times, Waunita was seen wrestling down her older brother. This brother was a redhead named Mark who could lift heavy things. Mark often teased Waunita about her uni-brown which wasn't very smart. Waunita would make the older redhead scream, “Uncle Zechariah.”

Just a bit of biographical data on the crowd favorite, Waunita!

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: usawks1] #111020 07/24/07 01:16 AM
parkwayred Offline
Could it be?

I’m not very smart… but I can lift heavy things!
Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: parkwayred] #111043 07/24/07 02:16 PM
usawks1 Offline
Why ... yes it could be!

Of course on the behalf of Waunita, I must remind everyone, that the camera does add 10-pounds ... or maybe 40!

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: usawks1] #111229 07/26/07 01:59 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
It has been surprisingly quiet in Fargo with no sightings of Waunita. There have been rumors that she had stopped in nearby Moorhead, ND and was hired as an assistant coach to the Fargo-Moorhead women's curling team. Evidently her neice, Vanessa Manlove, is a member of the North Dakota State Champions.

Since Waunita has never uttered the words, "I quit", she has missed her rendevous with Sheriff Roscoe.

Congratulations to her neice, who is pictured on the far right in the link below.

P.S. There has also been talk that a luchador mask was found under a seat in Juby's van. Can any confirm?

http://www.fmcurling.org/default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Eric Johnson

Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: Chief Renegade] #111288 07/29/07 02:21 PM
usawks1 Offline
Fri Jul 27, 8:14 PM ET

FARGO, N.D. - A man was arrested on sex charges after an early morning escapade while wearing a kilt.

Police say Nathan Blair, 24, of Moorhead, Minn., was wearing a black kilt when he exposed himself to motorists near a busy street and had sex with a woman in the backyard of a house.

"In 17 years in this job I've seen a lot of different things. This is a new one," Fargo Police Lt. Pat Claus said Friday.

Claus said Blair and a 20-year-old woman were arrested about 3:30 a.m. Friday after police found them having sex behind a home. The couple first ignored orders to "cease and desist," and then refused to cover up, Claus said.

Both of them had been drinking, Claus said.

"We've caught people engaging in amorous behavior before, but usually they stop when we ask them to," Claus said.

Blair was still wearing a kilt and "FOR SALE" T-shirt when he appeared by video in court Friday morning. He pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor charges of fornication in a public place and indecent exposure.

Blair's lawyer, Tanya Johnson Martinez, said she was still gathering information on the case.

"We haven't seen any of the police reports yet so it would be premature for me to comment," she said.

The woman had not been formally charged.

Police received two complaints about a man exposing himself near one of Fargo's main thoroughfares. One of the complaints involved a sex act, police said.

While investigating the incident, a friend of the couple directed police to the backyard of the home, Claus said.

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: usawks1] #111289 07/29/07 02:25 PM
usawks1 Offline
http://www.glorywrestling.com/gg/NikkiT/3a.jpg

Here is a picture of Waunita in her younger days!

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Re: The Search for Waunita [Re: usawks1] #111294 07/30/07 01:04 AM
usawks1 Offline
I promise to fill in a few blanks and answer some questions soon! Yes, even about the luchador mask found in Juby's van!

But here is a link to a picture that Waunita was clutching in her hand last week. The picture had "Renegade" written on the back of it!!

http://www.bibi.org/box/2005/11/Lucha_Loco.jpg

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  usawks1 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 111 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,928
Posts250,350
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)