Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Baker University adds wrestling [Re: Husker Fan] #129019 06/03/08 03:30 AM
B
Baseball81 Offline
B
Being a student at Baker University right now, when I heard the news that we were getting wrestling I was very excited. I have wrestled my whole life and knowing that I am going to be attending a school that has college wrestling is awesome. I for one will not be wrestling there because I am already on two athletic scholarships but I know that I will be at every home meet that I can.

And I have to agree with what some of the statements earlier about the education that you receive from an NAIA school. Yes the price is high (that is why I am playin two sports), but the education and the one on one attention that you recieve is second to none. I for one can tell you that the classes that you take there are no cake walk and sometimes not for the faint of heart, but in the long run what it has done for me to prepare me for a career has been great.

Baker as a whole is a great small college in a great community. Anyone that would come to Baker to wrestle would not only get a great opportunity to compete at the collegiate level but get an amazing education with a placement rating that is out of this world. I am very proud to know that we have a wrestling team coming and I am goin to personally do everything that I can to try and get some great wrestlers that i have competed against over to Baldwin City.

Matt Vander Linden

Re: Baker University adds wrestling [Re: Baseball81] #129021 06/03/08 09:24 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Matt, that is a very good post. You made Baker University proud with that post. I believe you will be a good future supporter of Baker University wrestling. I would not be surprised to see you involved with wrestling again in the future as a coach, referee or wrestling parent. Good luck in the rest of your academic and athletic career at Baker.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RichardDSalyer 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 95 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,384
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)