Dear Friend,

My name is Dan Rainey, Jr. I am currently a member of the USA Wrestling of Kansas (USAWKS) organization since 1997. Wrestling is a sport I have developed a passion for since my early teenage years. Upon graduating from high school I received my Coaching license, since then I have volunteered my personal time coaching young athletes of numerous school districts within the state of Kansas for many years since becoming a licensed professional. I offer my time training young athletes in developing there skills as a wrestler and I provide them with a great deal of support during tournaments and other wrestling events. Currently I myself am also a Kansas Competitor Athlete with Team Spartan out of Leavenworth, Kansas. I have also participated as an athlete in many national tournaments where I have reached Championship level. My goal is to become the World Champion at the 2008 Veteran World Championships in Perm, Russia which will takes place September 23rd thru the 28th , but I am in need of your support to help assist me with the expenses of room/board and travel to compete at this great event in representing our country.

Personally, I am looking forward to broadening my perspectives of the world and gaining a better understanding of Eastern Europe International competition. This 8-day experience includes the arrival of the delegations, the opening ceremonies, and technical conference with all teams, and finally ending the Championships with a formal banquet. Upon my return, I plan to share my experiences with the use of photographs and video footage taken during the events with schools and civic clubs within our community. My objective is to help promote International understanding while building leadership skills among Kansas youth. This will be the perfect opportunity to be a representative for our sport and Kansas Wrestling.

The current estimated cost is approximately $5,000. Which should include all transportation, accommodations, and meals during my stay? I am asking for contributors to each donate a generous amount of $350 to help me reach my goal, however any amount you are able to contribute will be greatly appreciated. Your generous contribution would enable me to share in this wonderful opportunity and open doors for others who follow my path. Won't you please provide a contribution? Thank you in advance for your consideration and support because to me and many others a like, this is our Olympics.

Current Accomplishments:
2008 USA Open Wrestling Freestyle - National Champion. Las Vegas, NV

2008 USA Wrestling Asics Folkstyle - National Champion. Cedar Falls, IA

2008 Sunflower State Games - Folkstyle Runner Up. Topeka, KS

2006 Sunflower State Games - Folkstyle Runner Up. Topeka, KS

2006 Sunflower State Games - Freestyle Runner Up. Topeka, KS

2005 Osawatomie Veterans Folkstyle Tournament - Champion. Osawatomie, KS

2004 Winnetonka Freestyle Wrestling Tournament - Champion, Kansas City, MO

2004 Winnetonka Greco Roman Wrestling Tournament - Champion, Kansas City, MO

2004 Sliver Lake Veterans Folkstyle Tournament - Champion. Silver Lake,KS

2004 Plattsburg Freestyle Open Wrestling Tournament - Champion.
Plattsburg, MO

2004 Plattsburg Greco Roman Open Wrestling Tournament- Runner Up. Plattsburg, MO

2004 Monster Match Nationals - Open Runner Up Denver, CO

2000 Missouri Freestyle State Championships - Champion. Sedalia, MO

2000 Missouri Greco Roman State Championships - Champion. Sedalia, MO

2000 Cliff Keen Kickoff Classics - Runner Up. Tulsa, OK

1999 Sunflower Gold Freestyle Tournament of Champions - Runner Up. Topeka, KS

1999 Sunflower Gold Greco Roman Tournament of Champions - 3rd place. Topeka, KS

1999 Cliff Keen Kickoff Classics - 3rd place. Tulsa, OK

1999 Sunflower State Games - Freestyle Champion. Lawernce, KS

1998 Sunflower State Games- Freestyle Champion. Lawerence, KS

1998 Kansas High School Wrestling - State Qualifier. Wichita, KS

Sincerely,

Dan Rainey Jr.