Wrestling Spoken Here
A Novel by Milt Sherman

In his writing, Milt Sherman draws upon his thirty years of teaching and coaching experience. A former All-American, he is a member of both the East Carolina University Athletic Hall of Fame and the North Carolina chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame. He has written more than two dozen articles for Amateur Wrestling News, Coach & Athletic Director, Wrestling USA, and W.I.N. magazines

Wrestling Spoken Here follows the main character Robbie and his friend Matt through Robbie’s first season as a high school athlete. Readers will enjoy the combination of humor and drama which develops in the story.

High school sophomore Robbie Renfro is not the most confident young man in the world. He has grown up in a working class neighborhood, has a disgruntled father that drinks too much, and a problem with the neighborhood bully looming on the horizon.

Robbie is by no means a natural, but his efforts lead to a growing confidence both on and off the mat. He must deal with competition, with issues at home, and with local bully Jake the “Snake.” Racial tension interjects itself as Jake picks a fight with one of Robbie’s black teammates, a situation that places Robbie in the middle of troubling issues.

“It took me back to high school.” Dr. Jim Decker, East Carolina University

“A spirit of optimism prevails throughout the book that makes it a compelling, quick-paced read that will win over readers of every age and background.” Mark Palmer, InterMat.com

“It’s fast-paced and keeps your interest; you won’t put this book down until you finish it!”
Greg DeMarco, Webmaster, WrestlingAssistant.com

“Fun read, great for kids getting interested in wrestling and it explains the sport very well.”
Scott Casber, Takedown Radio

“If you’re a parent, Wrestling Spoken Here is a book your child should read. It will inspire him or her to achieve in sports, but most importantly, in life.” Dr. Bill Welker, author of The Wrestling Drill Book

“I read it from cover to cover in one sitting.” Former N.C. State head coach Jerry Daniels

“I am not familiar with wrestling but had no trouble following the story. I didn’t want it to end!” Russell Boyce

“Positive values like teamwork, hard work, and standing up to bullies are blended into a realistic story. This novel is motivational and I highly recommend it. Dr. Jerry Barker, N.C. State University

Ordering: For credit card orders go to www.Amazon.com & type Wrestling Spoken Here into the search box. To order a signed copy send 19.50(16.50 + 3.00 shipping) to
the author at 128 Harrell Street Greenville, NC 27858 For questions contact miltsherman@hotmail.com