Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Colt Rogers [Re: Anklepick123] #163121 03/02/10 09:16 AM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: Anklepick123
Originally Posted By: Bronco Wrestler
Originally Posted By: Dylan Campbell
The kid never lost to a Kansas wrestler. I got on here expecting to see someone congratulating him on one of the most amazing careers in Kansas history and instead it's a ridiculous thread about classes again.

Noone has beat him. He's not "second best" to anybody until someone proves it with more than an opinion on a talk forum.

Well Mr. Campbell, with Colt's schedule being incredibly weak...it's hard for someone to prove that when colt is not attending any of the high calibur tournaments

He's a 4x State Champion, that's 4 times he's won the only tournament that matters.

What credentials do you have to discredit him?

Im just saying its a very bold statement saying hes the best wrestler in kansas (hes a stud dont get me wrong) and your getting this by only looking at his state finishes. Im sorry to break it to you 321a fans but 321a state is a barely above average tournament. If your tired of being ragged on then back it up and go to newton, the bobcat, garden city ect...

Anklepick, What are YOUR CREDENTIALS? What have YOU DONE in wrestling?

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Colt Rogers [Re: Beeson] #163125 03/02/10 11:16 AM
ReDPloyd Offline
Any wrestler that can win four HS State Championships, and I don't care what class, is a stud in my opinion. Great job young man.

Lee Girard
Re: Colt Rogers [Re: ReDPloyd] #163126 03/02/10 11:27 AM
ReDPloyd Offline
Pretty solid football player (my other favorite HS sport) indeed. There was another Rogers from Smith Center back in the early '80s that was pretty darn good too and even played a little football at KU while I was there.

Lee Girard
Re: Colt Rogers [Re: ReDPloyd] #163129 03/02/10 12:18 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
COLT will be coming to pitt state to play football, i have a whole yard full of combat sport arenas, and styles. anyone who wants a shot at the title can come over and earn their shot at the title. UNTIL SOMEONE BEATS HIM HE IS THE CHAMP, ONCE YOU ARE A CHAMP YOU ARE ALWAYS A CHAMP. NO ONE CAN EVER TAKE THAT AWAY.

JEALOUS MUCH?

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Colt Rogers [Re: Disney] #163130 03/02/10 12:25 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Disney

All these "Fab 5" and other rankings should taken down by the adults who post them. They are pointless and do nothing to encourage kids to wrestle.

And Intermat should close down. How dare they rank wrestlers. Don't they understand that feelings are hurt?

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Colt Rogers [Re: Chief Renegade] #163141 03/02/10 01:39 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade

All these "Fab 5" and other rankings should taken down by the adults who post them. They are pointless and do nothing to encourage kids to wrestle.

And Intermat should close down. How dare they rank wrestlers. Don't they understand that feelings are hurt?

Strawman. I never proposed shutting down the net. I, like Mr. Disney was just wondering what positive things the kids get out of it?

Purpose?

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: Colt Rogers [Re: Dean Welsh] #163142 03/02/10 01:49 PM
B
Brian K. Patton Offline
B
And some people just like running up there post count

Re: Colt Rogers [Re: Dean Welsh] #163157 03/02/10 02:34 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: dwelsh
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade

Strawman. I never proposed shutting down the net. I, like Mr. Disney was just wondering what positive things the kids get out of it?

Purpose?

PM'd you. This thread is for Colt Rogers. The kid is a flat out stud, as I've said in earlier posts.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Colt Rogers [Re: Beeson] #163160 03/02/10 02:44 PM
B
Bad MaamaJamma Offline
B
im just going to go ahead and say that Colt Rogers could not beat Kyle Johnson anyone who has that close of a match with Moeder 3 OT's is a dominate wrestler to me

Last edited by Nitcher Fan; 03/02/10 02:45 PM.
Re: Colt Rogers [Re: Anklepick123] #163161 03/02/10 02:46 PM
D
Dylan Campbell Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Bronco Wrestler
The kid never lost to a Kansas wrestler. I got on here expecting to see someone congratulating him on one of the most amazing careers in Kansas history and instead it's a ridiculous thread about classes again.

Noone has beat him. He's not "second best" to anybody until someone proves it with more than an opinion on a talk forum.

Well Mr. Campbell, with Colt's schedule being incredibly weak...it's hard for someone to prove that when colt is not attending any of the high calibur tournaments

He's a 4x State Champion, that's 4 times he's won the only tournament that matters.

What credentials do you have to discredit him?

Im just saying its a very bold statement saying hes the best wrestler in kansas (hes a stud dont get me wrong) and your getting this by only looking at his state finishes. Im sorry to break it to you 321a fans but 321a state is a barely above average tournament. If your tired of being ragged on then back it up and go to newton, the bobcat, garden city ect...

This is ridiculous. People like you were a lot quieter when western kansas was the hands down best in the state. You make these accusations and I bet that you've never even seen the tournament.

I don't know everyone that Rogers has beat, but here's a couple off the top of my head: Colt beat Collin Hase twice who just became an all-american. The last time I counted Jace Campbell had beaten 9 wrestlers on Chief's All-Class Rankings including #1's Zac Sparr (freestyle) and Tyler Anderson (kids state '07 or '08). Colt beat Jace twice freshman year, handily.

When Caldwell and Beard won their 4th, did you hear anything but congratulations from us? Did we make any dumbass comments like the fact that every wrestler Caldwell beat at state had 7 losses? Did we make a huge fuss when Kriss pinned Beard? They were awesome wrestlers and we gave them the respect they deserved.

By the way I didn't say that Colt was hands down the best wrestler in Kansas. I said that he's not second best to anyone until someone proves it with more than an opinion on a talk forum, referring to the initial post where he was presumed to be "second best" to several people in a retro-dated mock state at each class.

Dylan Campbell
Oakley, KS
dylan.cia@hotmail.com
Re: Colt Rogers [Re: Dylan Campbell] #163171 03/02/10 03:05 PM
Beeson Offline
This is ridiculous. People like you were a lot quieter when western kansas was the hands down best in the state. You make these accusations and I bet that you've never even seen the tournament.

When Caldwell and Beard won their 4th, did you hear anything but congratulations from us? Did we make any dumbass comments like the fact that every wrestler Caldwell beat at state had 7 losses? Did we make a huge fuss when Kriss pinned Beard? They were awesome wrestlers and we gave them the respect they deserved.

Tradition is the difference. Fans of Schools who have been on Top for so long know what it takes to be there and they show respect to all. Fans of schools who win one once in a blue moon don't know how to act. They want everyone to immediately say they are now a DYNASTY without putting in the years of hard work. Most of the people talking all of the trash have never wrestled. They don't know what it takes to be on top. It makes them feel better to diminish a Great wrestlers career, to make up for the one they never had.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Colt Rogers [Re: Beeson] #163179 03/02/10 03:32 PM
J
John Steiger Offline
J
I meant to reply to this post earlier and a couple of you beat me to it with similar thoughts. This post is meant to congratulate Colt on an amazing accomplishment. I for one am SICK of people immediately jumping into a subject like this with the ,"Yes, but...", or "he wouldn't beat so and so", or "he did it in a weak class". When Colt was a freshman, all crowds cheered for him ("Wow, what an incredible freshman!"), and by this year it has (sometimes) degenerated into cheering against him and many cases outright booing . This is not what we all call the "wrestlers mentality" people!! For once let's not follow the direction of our society as a whole and try to tear down the accomplishments of others or make excuses when we fall short. I was FORTUNATE enough to coach matches against Colt, and was privileged to see him win all 4 state titles. I want to congratulate him on an accomplishment only dreamed of by most of us. He did it with class and dignity. He exemplified what we all love about wrestling. Best of luck at Pitt State.

Re: Colt Rogers [Re: John Steiger] #163187 03/02/10 04:13 PM
REVOLUTION Offline
The class size one wrestles in is deturmined by the enrollment of a school and a student has no choice in the matter. It is year to year who has the tuffist kids at what state tourn. in a particular weight class. This year for example some kids placed higher at larger class states then they would have wrestling in 3A State. I know you all can look at the brackets and figure this out. The agumanent is extreemly mute. The way some of you folks think is discusting and has no place in the wrestling community. It's like saying; If a 3A kid goes to a "prestigious" tournament and places above larger class kids those larger class kids must suck. Let's see didn't Kapaun win the Grand States? A 3-A team in the day?
A 4 timer is a 4 timer in my book and they should enjoy and GET total respect from the wrestling community unbias of class size. I mean there are only 25 who have done it people.
Mr. Rogers - You are a Champion of Champions and no person should dispute that. Good luck with your future endevors and continue to be the Champion you are and have earned.

COWBOY UP!
Re: Colt Rogers [Re: Dylan Campbell] #163236 03/02/10 07:07 PM
C
Chiefs Offline
C

I agree with Mr. Campbell.

Also,

If you look at the state brackets from the past 4 years you will find a couple of other state champions that Colt has beaten.

Just to name a few that I noticed:

Dan Weigel
Devin Frye
Jace Campbell
Collin Hase
Kaenon Keiswetter
Aaron Patton
Landon Keiswetter
Dalton Davis

Re: Colt Rogers [Re: Chiefs] #163245 03/02/10 07:43 PM
Malay #189 Offline
Dylan hit it right on the button. I also think that there is a few kids out west that would destroy sum kids in bigger schools but they never get the chance and the same goes for kids in bigger schools against kids out west. By the way dylan, tell Jace congrats on gettin that title.

Michael Malay
Re: Colt Rogers [Re: Malay #189] #163246 03/02/10 07:49 PM
Q
Quagmire Offline
Q
That's really impressive! Especially the win over Collin Hase! Does he have any other wins over kids from bigger schools?

Re: Colt Rogers [Re: Quagmire] #163260 03/02/10 08:52 PM
U
usa wrestling Offline
U
All iam saying about Colt is hes had a great high school carear didnt people say the same thing about Trison Grahm because of how many losses he had that he wasnt deserving of 4? But i dont know if he still is but i know at some point in the year he was nationally rank in a d2 program? Colt rogers great yes in a high school stand point any one that can not see that is plan dum!!! just my point

Re: Colt Rogers [Re: usa wrestling] #163298 03/03/10 12:14 AM
N
nastyway Offline
N
broncho what credintals do you have...

the nasty way is the best way
Re: Colt Rogers [Re: nastyway] #163308 03/03/10 01:20 AM
Lucas Baker Offline
Colt Congratulations these people are idiots. Please rethink Pitt sate. Its hard to stomach that a 4 timer is not going to wrestle in college. There are a few D1 schools south of Kansas that could use you. 5a people are starting to sound like the guy from "My New Hair Cut" (watch at own risk very funny with some bad words)

Re: Colt Rogers [Re: Lucas Baker] #163348 03/03/10 03:14 AM
W
wrestling_4_life Offline
W
Grand State would solve all of this. top 4 placers in each state tournament would make a good 16 man Grand State..then we'd know for sure how he'd do against the kids from bigger schools

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (T Yeagley), 125 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,941
Posts250,373
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)