Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21
Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: PatrickCavanaugh] #168382 04/12/10 08:37 PM
D
dagwood Offline
D
Yes they both use a similar point system to do their rankings.

Darren Newton
Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: dagwood] #168384 04/12/10 08:58 PM
windjammer Offline
If we do end up having a series, I hope we can get Danny Hodge to crush apples at all of the tournaments.

Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: windjammer] #168386 04/12/10 09:13 PM
B
bockman Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I was thinking of an exhibition match between Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley.

Scott Bockover
Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: Beeson] #168390 04/12/10 10:19 PM
BLT Offline
Originally Posted By: Beeson
As simple as I can put it. Going to 4 seperate tournaments in 4 seperate Districts does not qualify you as an All State wrestler. or a qualification for being on The Series Team.

In which post did you ever hear me say ALL STATE wrestler or being part of a series team????

Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: windjammer] #168391 04/12/10 10:20 PM
BLT Offline
Originally Posted By: windjammer
If we do end up having a series, I hope we can get Danny Hodge to crush apples at all of the tournaments.

That is so awesome to watch him do!
lol

Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: Beeson] #168392 04/12/10 10:27 PM
BLT Offline

The Series Champion would just be the wrestler that went to the most tournaments.

And performed to at least some extent.

And isnt there something to say for the wrestler or the team that consistantly travels the state going to tough tournaments seeking out good competition and being committed to supporting KANSAS wrestling.

Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: BLT] #168395 04/12/10 11:25 PM
B
bockman Offline OP
OP Offline
B
so isnt the actual triple crown winner that because he decided to wrestle another month when half the other kids are out playing baseball. now your taking credit away from those kids by saying that about the series. i would say you have to win every tournament of the series to be called series champion.

Scott Bockover
Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: BLT] #168400 04/13/10 01:07 AM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: BLT

The Series Champion would just be the wrestler that went to the most tournaments.

And performed to at least some extent.

And isnt there something to say for the wrestler or the team that consistantly travels the state going to tough tournaments seeking out good competition and being committed to supporting KANSAS wrestling.

Do you really think they deserve a Trophy for that?

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: bockman] #168401 04/13/10 01:07 AM
BLT Offline
You know Scott I'm still unsure as to which way to go on that.
On one hand I say run a points system...
On the other say win it all or nothing but after the first tournament most people would lose interest.
I say run the points but I'm open to suggestion.
That's what this post has turned into is a collection of imput.
Good and Bad

Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: bockman] #168402 04/13/10 01:09 AM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: bockman
so isnt the actual triple crown winner that because he decided to wrestle another month when half the other kids are out playing baseball. now your taking credit away from those kids by saying that about the series. i would say you have to win every tournament of the series to be called series champion.

That at least would give it some validity. But the tournaments would get weaker and weaker. If you lost one tournament why should you continue, except to keep someone else from getting it.

Last edited by Beeson; 04/13/10 01:10 AM.

Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: Beeson] #168406 04/13/10 02:08 AM
H
HEADUP Offline
H

If you lost one tournament why should you continue, except to keep someone else from getting it.

now you're getting somewhere. HA. i don't care who wins, if it ain't me, and it ain't my rival. lol. the tulsa champ is the real deal, does the all american status take away from that?

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: BLT] #168417 04/13/10 11:14 AM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: BLT
As simple as I can put it. Going to 4 seperate tournaments in 4 seperate Districts does not qualify you as an All State wrestler. or a qualification for being on The Series Team.

In which post did you ever hear me say ALL STATE wrestler or being part of a series team????

All State and All American has been thrown out there, just look bach through the thread. Maybe not by you but it has been said.

If the series was implemented, it would not take long for the everybody is a winner group to start adding a second team and a third team.

Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: Beeson] #168425 04/13/10 12:23 PM
B
bockman Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I like the idea of winning every tournament to be the champ in some aspects. you would have other kids trying to spoil it and then you dont have to spend all that money on those prizes. maybe hand over any left over money to the freestyle and greco kids to help them get more kids involved in that.

Scott Bockover
Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: Beeson] #168428 04/13/10 12:39 PM
BLT Offline
Chad
FYI...
That is not my vision of this idea!
Maybe "Series Champion" or "Series Points Champion"

Also, please understand my son coming off of the Elementry School Duel Experience, but if we start seeing a trend of tournaments going to a duel format (Park Hill, Roller, Etc) maybe we could use this point system to help put together teams. Just an offer or a suggestion NOT SAYING ITS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: bockman] #168430 04/13/10 12:48 PM
BLT Offline
I like the idea of winning every tournament to be the champ in some aspects. you would have other kids trying to spoil it and then you dont have to spend all that money on those prizes.

I really like the points idea but if they won EVERY TOURNAMENT maybe throw in a tee shirt stating that accomplishment???

maybe hand over any left over money to the freestyle and greco kids to help them get more kids involved in that.

Where as this whole idea is about promoting KANSAS WRESTLING I think it would be awesome if this got big enough to do donations to the state freestyle and greco kids or maybe New Clubs or struggling clubs or the state tournament or a scholarship fund or kids going to Sr. Nationals!
The options are endless!!

Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: BLT] #168432 04/13/10 01:02 PM
A. Steele Offline
What about the kids that play baseball (or other sports) and do GR/FS trying to get the triple crown. I know of a few. Don't take anything away from these athletes that are going over and above and beyond. The award for the kids who travel all over looking for the best competition is the improvement the get throught the year and winning the state tournament. Let's not create awards for the sake of giving more kids awards.

Andrew Steele

Andrew Steele
ford69f100@yahoo.com
Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: A. Steele] #168444 04/13/10 02:18 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
You are on target.

Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: A. Steele] #168450 04/13/10 03:54 PM
BLT Offline
Originally Posted By: A. Steele
The award for the kids who travel all over looking for the best competition is the improvement the get throught the year and winning the state tournament. Let's not create awards for the sake of giving more kids awards.

1st. I take the award for sake of awards comment the wrong way everytime. I just don't see it as that! Call it a prize or a title or an award or whatever you want. The intent is to incentivize wrestlers to get out into our state and find the good/new competition more regularly. Good kids wrestling good kids makes great champions! Not all the kids in this state are the die hard beast that we want them to be. A majority of them love the recognition and awards! If they were all the beast we wanted them to be then we wouldnt need medals or tournaments for that matter! We would lock them in a padded room for 3 months and let them out to wrestle a 168 man bracket at state and call that kid the champion

2nd. If the parents are the medal mongers that you say they all are then this series idea is a no brainer and will work like a charm.

I listened to a few of you about asking the kids and I did that. Ive been seeing wrestlers from different clubs around the ball fields and I have NOT had one kid say that this is not an awesome idea. Wait... take that back!!! All one kid said was "Ya that would be kinda cool".

Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: BLT] #168459 04/13/10 04:46 PM
Beeson Offline
1st - It will be a made up Award. No matter how you look at it, you (BLT) are making up this award. As of now it does not exist, you are wanting to make it up.

2nd - Parents as medal mongers/working like a charm. Sounds like a carnival act.

3rd - Let the kids make all the decisions. They know what is best.

This is your reasoning?

Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: Beeson] #168460 04/13/10 04:56 PM
B
bockman Offline OP
OP Offline
B
so I take it that the triple crown wasnt ever made up. tell me how many kids that went to state are actually playing baseball and freestyle and greco. those numbers drop off dramatically so does that take away the achievements for those kids. why call it a triple crown if half the best kids in the state dont even do freestyle or greco. just a handful. i say lets do the points series or make freestyle and greco at a time that all kids can enjoy it and not have to take time out for other sports. I dont take time out of my wrestling to do all these other sports. Like I have said before you have to let your kid learn how to be a kid at some point in time and doing 3 sports all year long doesnt seem to give that kid enough time to learn how to be a kid. Yes I have tried not to post on this again but I guess I dont see some of your points your addressing by saying freestyle this and freestyle that. How many colleges wrestle freestyle. Do you get a college scholarship by wrestling freestyle or folkstyle. I had a coach that has been around along time tell me that my kid should wrestle folkstyle through the freestyle season and see what happens. Not saying freestyle is not good but I dont see it as important as folkstyle.

Scott Bockover
Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 134 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,384
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)