Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: moeder] #168666 04/15/10 09:23 PM
WillyM Offline
Ok. Lots of posts dragging me through the coals. Will try to answer in this one post. Bear with me--I will be jumping around.

Cochise copied and relisted several of my posts. Yes they are mine and I stand by each of them. What I do not see in my posts, but Cochise says he does, is name calling and accusations. I see no words in my posts like ignorant, dumb, stupid , or asking for someone's IQ-which in itself is leanding to a slander--especially when leaving two underlined blanks for a response indicating an IQ of less than 100. But, if I go back through a whole lot of posts from whom I assume are Catholics, I have been called or labeled each of those terms: dumb, ignorant, stupid, and my IQ belittled. Those words appear to be quite common in the Catholic vocabulary. Additionally, according to Cochise--and several other posters-I have demeaned, ridiculed, slandered, etc. Catholics, the Catholic Church, Catholic schools, Catholic families, whatever. Not in the posts Cochise copied-go read them and give me the exact slanderous terms I used. Go read any of my posts and show me where I have attacked a person or a religion--I have said a some bad things to or about Cokely or MFE--but nothing concerned with religion-and I continue to think MFE's saying he wants to slap the shit out of someone, MFE's saying inner city kids look like "pimps and prostitute, and Cokely's use of the vile word "pussification"-are the most tasteless comments on this forum. I See no Catholic comming on line and telling MFE and Cokely to clean it up.

What I am going to say now is the harshest comment I have or will post: To me many of you are paranoid: everyone is attacking you personally, attacking your religion. I suscribe to a couple of on-line Hebrew Newspapers. Catholics, on this forum, on this topic, on this issue, sound like Jews when anyone, Jew or non-Jew asks a simple question about Israel, Arabs in Israel, Palestinians, Gaza, or the West Bank. The immediate response is 'your an anti-semite", "a Jew hater", "a Jew baiter", or some other less gentle name. From the Catholics I hear anti-Catholic, Catholic hater, Catholic baiter, stupid, dumb, or ignorant.

This post and this topic is no way about religion. It is about perceived or actual disparities between public and private schools and the number of high school state championships.

KC Sportsmom. Her question to me: "WHY the multiplier would be better for KS wrestling than other to punish Catholic/private schools? Please explain. In all honesty it would not affect wrestling. To me wrestling is not the sport in question. I consider wrestling a sport of individuals, individuals who win individual champioships--and by the way those individual efforts are then awarded team points so some school can be called the State Team Champ. I, and several others, have listed and
discussed the percentage of private schools (6+ percent) to public schools. Probably the reason the modifier would not affect wrestling-the percentage of private school wrestlers to public school wrestler is probably 1% or 2%. Why the low percentage. From what I have seen at tournaments (the B/L Bobcat, Baldwin Invitational, regionals) private schools seldom come with a full roster of wrestler, much less a roster of high quality wrestlers. Meige this past year had maybe four quality wrestlers, if that many. STA had maybe four quality wrestlers. SJA, four or five quality wrestlers. As you go to the smaller school classification, the number of public schools increase, the number of wrestlers increase, and the number of private schools and wrestlers decrease. Too much competition to fight through for the private school wrestlers and teams. If there is a multiplier, or a classification bump, private school wrestlers will be affested--fair or unfair-they just got caught in a movement. And lastly I do not, nor do I think other posters think-this issue is designed just to punish private schools.

A couple of words. The Issue of state championships is about team field sports: football, basketball soccer, volleyball, softball, and baseball. This issue is not about inner city schools in any classification. Inner city schools have lots of problems, the least being able to compete in athletics against either surban public or private schools. Not going to happen, except in basketball, the inner city sport (Sumner Academy in downtown KCKS was this year's 4A BB Champ--I think they beat two parochial schools--SJA in the District and Topeka Hayden in the State). Continuing. What this issue is about is the disparity in State championships-in field sports-between suburban public schools and suburban private schools--including the disparity in championships in public and private shools in smaller towns and rural Kansas. Kids on these team, public and private, come from the same or similiar situations: finacial, religious, club sports, family support, HS sports and activities, etc. If they have all these coomon attributes, why the disparity in state championships--and there is a disparity. Why would the NCK and Frontier Leagues initiate the proposals to modify, to split classifications, to bump private schools a classification, to move private schools totally to separate classifications. There must be a perceived or actual disparity, a year after year disparity.

Enuff said!

An added late comment. Cochise asks what do I have against Cokely. Nothing. I would not know the man if he knocked on my front door.

I have been a member of this forum for two or three years. From day one I have read Cokely's rantings, ravings, name calling, accusations, vile word "pussification", politics etc. You know what I classify Cokely to be--A BULLY!! The louder he screams the more he thinks people will ignore his antics and back off. I think most people recognize his behavior.

Last edited by Contrarian; 04/15/10 10:18 PM.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168667 04/15/10 09:48 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Contrarian
I would not know the man if he knocked on my front door.

He will!

Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: sportsfan02] #168669 04/15/10 10:18 PM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
I would not know the man if he knocked on my front door.

He will!

Dang right! And where I am from we get the first shot in if we think someone is going to slap us. I was 112lb senior so I don't think anyone used the word bully but I am proud to say I mastered the cheap shot as was not afraid to use it. Contrarian, they are just words...You can put as many numbers on top of two underscores as you choose. I am not sure if it would represent your IQ or your IG... I am sorry you are so offended by my posts. A simple solution, when you see Don King's picture, just skip right on past that post. An even better answer, you don't have to be on here. Go help some other sport out.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: Cokeley] #168672 04/15/10 10:24 PM
WillyM Offline
Not worth responding too.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168673 04/15/10 10:35 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
I sense a contradiction here . . .

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: Dean Welsh] #168675 04/15/10 10:50 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
cokely is the master of the cheap shot, but not the suckerpunch!

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168676 04/15/10 11:29 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
I have been a member of this forum for two or three years.
You registered on February 19, 2009 and, as of today, you have beeen a member just under fourteen (14) months.

From the Catholics I hear anti-Catholic, Catholic hater, Catholic baiter, stupid, dumb, or ignorant.
I am Catholic. I did post the following in another thread.

USAW Folkstyle Nationals

Originally Posted By: RichardDSalyer
Must mean you are a product of a Kansas education.
If you had received an appropriate education from an accredited Kansas public or private school I am confident you would have learned to spell the following correctly.

Contrarian - volly ball
correct: volleyball

Contrarian - base ball
correct: baseball

Contrarian - soft ball
correct: softball

Contrarian - dominted
correct: dominated
As a start, look at boys and girls soccer, volly ball, and base ball, soft ball--these are the most dominated by parochial schools. Other sports are similiar, but are not dominted as much as these sports.

If you do not know the details or the history, how can you come on here and post intelligently! Go do some home work!!
How hyprocritical of Mr. Mason to question another's education and to further question "how can you come on here and post intelligently!?" punctuation correction made for emphasis

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: RichardDSalyer] #168677 04/15/10 11:45 PM
WillyM Offline
Richard! I am still waiting for you to get a spell checker on this site. You are a wheel in this oeganization, are you not. Perhaps your are just a monkey wrench thrown in the works.

Bill Mason

Just a guy!

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: RichardDSalyer] #168678 04/15/10 11:58 PM
M
mfe Offline
M
Will: I think you left 1 to many spaces for Contrarion's IQ. He is either stupid or an arrogant trouble-maker. He said I called the kids pimps and prostitutes. I simply said that the private school teachers work for less in the private school because they are dealing with kids that are more disciplined and the parents are supportive. I gave the example of school uniforms vs. kids dressed like pimps and prostitutes at the adjoining school. (post dated 3/23/7:17 PM) He then brought "race" into it and "presumed they were black kids looking and "acting" like pimps and prostitutes. For his information, I don't recall any black kids but I don't look for a child to be black or white. Contrarion must or he wouldn't play the race card so quick.The "slap the sh!!!!" comment was referance the private schools ability to do that without fear of a lawsuit in order to instill some discipline, with parental support, and team work in sports. (post 4/07/ 12:26 PM) His anti-religion remarks are to numerous to research but one comes to mind "mfe get godly points for his remarks". I am proud to have gone to a public school along with all my children and grandchildren. I am more proud of the parents that sacrifice so must to send their children to private schools so they don't have to deal with the likes of Contrarion so their children can study without all the other distractions.

Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168679 04/16/10 12:09 AM
WillyM Offline
Think I will respond to Cokely. Too good an opportunity to pass up.

First, I deleted the lasrt couple of lines in my response to Cochise and KC Sportsmom. Possibly too harsh, but probably true.

Now back to Cokely--the artist of the cheap shot!! The Cokely comment I take the most umbrage to was "public school educators are dumb"-or was it dumbasses-and then he tried to mealy mouth and say that was not what he meant. In the Army we called that "a lack of intestial fortitude"--a lack of guts to stand behind your word or your comments.

My wife is a teacher/counselor in a inner city high school in KCKS. A great school but stiil a tough job. My wife has a BS , two masters, a couple of hours short of a doctrate and a stack of certifications: several in special education, counseling, education administration, and I don't know what else--lost count. My wife works at least 60 plus hours a week-at school or at home. She loves her job-I have been trying to get her to retire but she will not discuss it. The kids love her-black, Hispanic, whites, and Asians,. and she loves the kids. If they have a problem they go to Mrs. Mason. If their parents have a problem they go to Mrs. Mason before they go to their child's counselor, or before they go to the principal or an assistant principal. I sometimes help at the school and I can not count the time students have come to Mrs. Mason for just a hug. My wife is a neat person, dedicated to her job and her students-- [ and Cokely labels her dumb-or was it dumbass.

If Cokely wants to come to my house and knock on my door--Have him send me a PM and I will send him my address. Cokely started out as a light weight, he still is!!

I had to use the dictionary a couple of times. RichardD, who gets upset at spelling errors, has yet to get a spell checker on this web site.

Last edited by Contrarian; 04/16/10 12:22 AM.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168680 04/16/10 12:19 AM
WillyM Offline
I see MFE jumped back in. He also mealy mouths about what he said. More deficiencies in intestinal fortitude.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168681 04/16/10 12:26 AM
M
mfe Offline
M
I gave you the date and time of the posts! If you are not smart enough to go back and read them, I can't help you. Nothing mealy mouth about that. I did notice that you had to include "race" in your last posts. Get over it! It's 2010!

Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: mfe] #168685 04/16/10 12:45 AM
Cokeley Offline
Contrarian,

Or is it Hallucinarian... I used one word "uneducated" and you are twisting it into dumb and dumb ass??? Surely you can understand that Educators can be uneducated. Just because you know how to teach math doesn't meant that you understand economics. For a guy who promotes himself as having a 146 IQ or IG, you really aren't very smart either! A lawyer is certainly educated in the area of law but does that make him capable of practicing medicine? My point is that public school educators know very little about private schools but the "knee jerk" reaction is "They are winning too much so it MUST be unfair. Penalize them!" You pretend to be so educated but you can't spell or you don't take the time to check your own spelling. Maybe that wasn't part of the IQ test you took... I think I have clearly explained my position and supported it with data. That is why I am on here. Why are you on here? Before I come over, can I ask "What is your wife fixing for dinner?"

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: Cokeley] #168686 04/16/10 12:49 AM
WillyM Offline
She gets home so late from her dumb job that I generally have to eat a cheese sandwich

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: RichardDSalyer] #168687 04/16/10 12:54 AM
WillyM Offline
Sure seems like I have been a member 2 or 3 years. When your busy time flies.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168689 04/16/10 01:18 AM
WillyM Offline
One more time for MFE.

Are we supposed to feel sorry for you because you grew up poor. A lot of us did that. My dad worked with his hands in construction. My mom was a stay at home mother and housewife. When my dad started smoking roll you owns in the winter, when construction was shut down and he was on unemployment, I was old enough to know thing were tight. Ate a lot of brown beans, fried potatoes and hot dogs--dam they were good eats. Also ate a lot of just mayo sandwiches. Both parents had to quit school in the depression and go to work. All us kids went to public schools. But we must have learned something either at home or at school. Me, I am probably the dumbest of the lot. I paid for and graduated from a small state college, entered the Army, went to Viet Nam, carried a gun and flew helicopters, retired from the Army. Have a Masters degree From Boston U, plus attended several Army technical and professional development schools. Worked 16 years for a large defense company Older brother attend Cornel, fluent in six or seven languages, a beatnik, then a hippie and a pot head for 50+years. Next brother retired from a major oil well drilling, fuel and pipeline company as the head of Info tech. Put himself thru night school. Oldest sister a housewife married to a chemist. Youngest sister, first an art and English teacher, then a lawyer, then a Federal Bankruptcy Judge in the Western Missouri District Court. Twin brothers. One a graduate of the Air Force Academy--killed in service to his country in a plane crash. The other twin-just a working guy.

First time I have ever brought my family history into any thing. I don't need or ask anyone to feel sorry for me!

Last edited by Contrarian; 04/16/10 01:24 AM.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168690 04/16/10 01:20 AM
Cokeley Offline
She gets home so late from her dumb job that I generally have to eat a cheese sandwich

I like mine grilled. If you have any ham and pickles those taste good too.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: Cokeley] #168692 04/16/10 01:26 AM
WillyM Offline
Just for you I will buy some baloney and pickles.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: WillyM] #168698 04/16/10 03:38 AM
Cokeley Offline
Just for you I will buy some baloney and pickles.
Oscar Meyer made sure that everyone knew how to spell B O L O G N A by the time they were three years old. I am just saying... I worked one summer at National Beef Packing Co. so I know exactly what "beef by products" are so I will stick with ham. No bologna for me.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Private vs Public Education Advantages [Re: Cokeley] #168700 04/16/10 09:26 AM
WillyM Offline
Down in the hills we ate baloney. I think Bologna is a town in italy.

Bill Mason Lansing
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 134 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,384
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)