Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: Mike Furches] #185685 03/06/11 12:49 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Mike Furches
Now for full disclosure, a number of years ago I had moved to Kansas the week after the Oklahoma State Tournament. As deadlines fall, we were in Kansas prior to the state tournament qualification series. We asked about joining a club here but was told that he would not be eligible for state since he had at that time not enrolled in a school in Kansas. He enrolled the Monday after the series had started. We accepted that and moved on and had no problem with it.

if we're judging class, here's one of the classiest things on here. i shared a couple of stories, mr. furches, has given a great one here. there ARE better ways of going about this stuff.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: HEADUP] #185687 03/06/11 01:06 PM
J
jule Offline
J
Just let them wrestle this year and fix it next year. Just so some of you know that are unhappy with the parents. One boy will be playing basketball next year because there is no way for him to wrestle he would rather play round ball then deal with all the stuff. He is a good kid and a great wrestler. Some of the others well their father is trying his hardest to be transferred to kansas with his job so his boys can wrestle. They are trying so don't think that the aren't.

Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: jule] #185688 03/06/11 01:20 PM
M
MarkButcher
Unregistered
MarkButcher
Unregistered
M
I am pledging $50.00 for the Kansas legal fees.

Mark Butcher
316-312-8037

Last edited by MarkButcher; 03/06/11 01:20 PM.
Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: jule] #185690 03/06/11 01:28 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: jule
Just let them wrestle this year and fix it next year. Just so some of you know that are unhappy with the parents. One boy will be playing basketball next year because there is no way for him to wrestle he would rather play round ball then deal with all the stuff. He is a good kid and a great wrestler. Some of the others well their father is trying his hardest to be transferred to kansas with his job so his boys can wrestle. They are trying so don't think that the aren't.

finally we hear that something (other than a lawsuit) is being done. something positive will come of all this. that's the message that should be conveyed to these kids.

is it true that they had a club at one time?

Last edited by HEADUP; 03/06/11 01:29 PM.

Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: HEADUP] #185723 03/06/11 08:26 PM
J
jule Offline
J
Yes , HEADUP the club was called Texas County Wrestling. The had mats, place to practice, and a coach and everything. When Kansas said yes the first time they donated the mats to the Hugoton club and disbanned their club.

I keep seeing people on here talk about wrestling in 6 different states and they would never ask to be apart of that states States Tournament series. All I have to say is DUH!!! Why would you you don't belong to a club in that state. These boys BELONG to a club in Kansas not an Oklahoma club they choose to become a part of our state and our wrestling programs here. If we didn't want them why did we say yes they would have stayed in Oklahoma. We welcomed them with open arms. They should finish with us.

Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: jule] #185738 03/06/11 10:00 PM
K
Kristy Brazeal Offline
K
Ladies and Gentlemen, Parents of wrestlers, or any person with relation in the Kansas Wrestling association. I will apologize for this very lengthy statement but hope you will read it with an open mind.I send this out with the utmost respect to all other clubs and your opinions. I just really wanted some of you to have some more FACTS before you feel one way or the other about this situation. My 2 sons wrestle in the Hugoton Club. The boys that wrestle in our club from Guymon Ok, do not go to any Oklahoma tournaments. They compete with our kids in KS every weekend. They are truly valued in our club as they help with tournaments, coach on the sides at all the tournaments, help encourage and support all the kids in our club besides their own. It takes so many active parents to help have a good functioning club and these are those kind of passionate and dedicated parents.I would like you to know that these parents have strong ties to SW Kansas. Troy and Dixie grew up in Garden City. They still have many family members there and own land in Finney County, KS. Troy is in Kansas weekly because of his job. Guymon is centrally located for his range of weekly traveling he does. Jeff works for Eagle Med ( Flight for Life) in Liberal, Ks. He stays many nights a month in Liberal. Jesus and Daniel work for a corporation that expands over much the SW corner of Kansas. I believe the closest OK club would be Woodward OK, which is 2 1/2 hours away. These families have been devoted to our club and the Kansas Wrestling tournaments. I feel like it is an awesome compliment that they want to be solely affiliated with our great Kansas Wrestling Association. It is unfair that we do not let them finish the season. Is that not what we teach our kids? I am positive I have seen most of you coaches and parents enforcing that. What does that say to these kids? This should have been decided on in December on 2010 not in the middle of the season. And I strongly feel like Dist 4 should have had a vote or at the very least a representative to speak on their behalf. I would also like for all of you to know that there is only legal action for an injunction to the by laws for 4 boys to participate in the state tournament. There is no law suit for monetary damages. I do not like the courts to have to come into organizations either, but when you are backed against a wall.... who knows what I would do for my child if they were passionate about something they were being denied. I am not in that situation and it is unfair for me to claim what I would or wouldn't do.

Finally,I would like to address the young men that this is effecting, No matter what the outcome of this is, PLEASE don't give up wrestling. You boys are very talented and are a joy to be with. Your hearts are big and your talent is strong. It will be our loss if we lose you in our club. Chin up boys, this isn't personal. It is hard even as an adult not to let it become that way. So I know it is hard for you to understand.
I had one of the OK parents ask me yesterday at the Hays tournament if I was going to wear my Club shirt or even sit with them...... and they were serious! I feel like most people out there aren't hateful or would not treat my boys poorly because they disagree with my opinion or because I am a part of the Hugoton Wrestling Club. I sure hope I am right about the decency people. We are all passionate about this sport for our children and our opinions, but I ask you when you come across one of these boys, talk to them......they love this sport too!

Kristy
Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: Kristy Brazeal] #185741 03/06/11 10:37 PM
J
jule Offline
J
Seemed to me everyone with a Hugoton shirt was wearing it proudly yesterday at Hays!!!! Good for them!!!!!!!

Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: jule] #185745 03/06/11 11:04 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: jule
Yes , HEADUP the club was called Texas County Wrestling. The had mats, place to practice, and a coach and everything. When Kansas said yes the first time they donated the mats to the Hugoton club and disbanned their club.

I keep seeing people on here talk about wrestling in 6 different states and they would never ask to be apart of that states States Tournament series. All I have to say is DUH!!! Why would you you don't belong to a club in that state. These boys BELONG to a club in Kansas not an Oklahoma club they choose to become a part of our state and our wrestling programs here. If we didn't want them why did we say yes they would have stayed in Oklahoma. We welcomed them with open arms. They should finish with us.

the post about wrestling in 6 states was more to put a stop to the "poor me, i have to travel" vibe that this post was beginning to send. THIS SPORT IS EXPENSIVE, AND TRAVEL IS A BIG PART OF THOSE EXPENSES for wrestlers in all 4 districts.

sounds like they will finish with US/KS. the lawsuit will surpass the time frame of sub-districts. although i hate the lawsuit, i am glad that they will get to compete for a state title.

have you not also seen the posts where people ARE members of clubs in other states, and STILL do not believe that it is there right to compete in that state's series?

so can they still practice with Hugoton after all this is said and done?

could Hugoton donate the mats back to the texas county wrestlers?

jule- sometimes things change, sometimes things are voted upon, and the ultimate outcome is unforseen. it is unfortunate that these youngsters have had such misleadings by adults.
1- having their club disbanded
2- being allowed to wrestle "out of state"
3- being told yes once
4- being told yes twice
5- being told that since you were told yes twice, it will be yes again
6- having a state committee vote, after the season had begun
7- having coaches etc. drag their feet, and fail to get signed up for OK series
8- having a lawsuit filed, ultimately throwing gasoline on a brush fire
9- thus ending any chance for an amicable decision

look i know that nix, and many other people probably think that i am a bad person. but fact of the matter is i am in this for the kids. i was taught a long time ago by my high school football coach to "see the forrest, for the trees". i really would like to see some more solutions come up, for these young men, not just for today, i mean their future. so they wrestle in the state series this year. THEN WHAT??? sometimes life doesn't have perfect endings, but they can be happy endings. if the adults in this situation take some responsibility. i 100% believe that these kids have been wronged by about every single adult in their life right now. just because the first solution failed, and the second solution will be short lived, doesn't mean that these kids are done. does it????

Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #185746 03/06/11 11:09 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: RichardDSalyer
Originally Posted By: nix
so district 4 did not get to vote on this issue, do you think if district 4 would have things might have been diffrent?
District 4 did vote on the request.

kristy read the above quote. D4 did vote, it's a democracy. the other 3 districts voted against the request. come on, we live in a democracy. this is a proud country. we aren't questioning a democracy are we? majority wins, live with it.

Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: HEADUP] #185749 03/06/11 11:22 PM
2coach Offline
Give it a rest people....

Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: 2coach] #185752 03/06/11 11:44 PM
Beeson Offline
Why should anyone give it a rest? It should have been put to rest with the decision from the state board. It wasn't, a lawsuit was filed. Why should anyone give it a rest? I don't hold anything against the kids. I do hold anger towards the parents for the lawsuit. Life will always be "unfair". These people are preparing the path for the child instead of the child for the path.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: Beeson] #185753 03/06/11 11:46 PM
C
CWB Offline
C
You have it on the button there Beeson.

Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: 2coach] #185757 03/06/11 11:56 PM
K
Kristy Brazeal Offline
K
I for sure would not question democracy!!! A persons tone is sometimes questionable through these posts. So I won't question the intention of your statement to me. I have no choice but to live with alot of decisions that representatives have made for me. Pardon me, but there has not been alot of information on here about the voting process that took place. So it is dually noted that Dist 4 did vote...UNDERSTOOD!!!! I only wonder if there was on opportunity to have a civil discussion prior to this vote. I only posted earlier because I felt like it was clausable for someone to make a statement with Hugoton Wrestling Club, which by no means represents the thoughts of all Hugoton Wrestling Parents and coaches. Sir... we will live with it!

Kristy
Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: CWB] #185762 03/07/11 12:05 AM
nix Offline
HEADUP, no i do not think your a bad person at all.

you have your opinion, and i have mine as well as beeson and all others have there opinion. i feel in a situation like this input from all is great. i will never be upset or feel wronged just because someone differs from my opinion.

i enjoy reading all of your guys and gals opinion.

i am just glad see so many of you voice an opinion either way on the subject, the only way change can be made is buy listening to others input.

i will be honest after reading everyones views on this subject i am on the fence now of what my opinion is now.

all i can say is i respect the board for standing behind there decision they made, and i respect the oakies for there fight, i just don't aggree with getting courts involved with it.

good luck to all involved i am rooting for both sides to resolve this issue. hopefully without the courts.

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent"

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: nix] #185764 03/07/11 12:09 AM
nix Offline
and that was my mistake by thinking district 4 did not vote, and i am sorry for the confusion i read it wrong totally my fault so sorry for that ignorant statement on my part. won't happen again

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent"

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: nix] #185770 03/07/11 12:29 AM
K
Kristy Brazeal Offline
K
Nix, make no apology as I should have seen that post as well. It gets kind of confusing reading through this. I will try to make this my last statement on the matter and leave well enough alone.......it is hard when you know these boys. If for a second, you can imagine having a hand full of boys in your club since you joined, and imagining them not being there when they want to be. It is just a little sad TO ME. And you are all right when you say life isn't fair, it's just not! So on this side of the fence, I just love these little guys so my heart is in the right place for wanting them to be with us but I know when the by law changes....and it will. It is the law! There will be no questions about it. Thanks Nix for reminding me that this on here for an appreciation for everyones opinion. As i stated earlier to the boys... it's not personal!It is just hard to remember that!!!

Kristy
Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: Kristy Brazeal] #185805 03/07/11 01:36 AM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
kristy i meant no disrespect at all towards you either.

i too am trying to find more answers on this.

i can tell that all parties are passionate about this.

i can assure you without ever meeting any of these young men, my heart goes out to each and everyone of them.

i just think alot of energy has been spent on this situation, but i question how much has been done to fix the problem for good.

after this lawsuit, what happens next year???

Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: HEADUP] #185826 03/07/11 02:49 AM
D
doug747 Offline
D
If our state body votes to not allow out of state kids, then the kids can continue to wrestle. They can practice at Hugoton, but register as their own club in OK. They can wrestle wherever they want, including Kansas, until the state series, then they can do the OK state series. Don't put a guilt trip on the whole state of Kansas. If these kids quit wrestling, it is their own family's decision, not ours.........

Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: doug747] #185876 03/07/11 12:08 PM
2coach Offline
it should have been put two rest three years ago with a "no" in the first place bee so when I say give it a rest i am talking to people like you who are not just attacking these parents but also the kids. Does your kid have to wrestle one, i doubt it. Mine does and we dont care cause when my boy sees him and i see him he is not an Okie,he is a American... a good kid and yes he has beat my boy everytime this year, so what give it a rest....

Re: Hugoton - Oklahoma Wrestlers! [Re: doug747] #185878 03/07/11 12:11 PM
2coach Offline
it should have been put two rest three years ago with a "no" in the first place bee so when I say give it a rest i am talking to people like you who are not just attacking these parents but also the kids. Does your kid have to wrestle one, i doubt it. Mine does and we dont care cause when my boy sees him and i see him he is not an Okie,he is a American... a good kid and yes he has beat my boy everytime this year, so what give it a rest....

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 106 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,384
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)