Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL [Re: RedStorm] #201526 02/27/12 10:13 PM
badbo Offline
Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts and words about Bo. It has been a great ride!!! Sad now to think this chapter is over. But another is set to begin.

We have gained so many close friends and great memories over the years, we will never forget this time.

Hard to believe Bo has wrestled over 1200 matches in his life, won 18 youth state titles in 3 styles, was a youth AA 23 times, and won 4 HS state titles, and what we really remember is the people, friends and great times.

I remember dinners at the Spagetti Factory in Tulsa with Seybolds, Gentzlers, and others. I remember driving to Calsbad, NM for 15 hours to wrestle in southern plains when he was 11 so he could qualify for freestyle nationals. I remember bus rides to Atlanta that almost crippled me, that Bo thought we the best part of the trip. I remember getting rental cars with "Mr. William and Denny Hensley to get to the tournament in Denver. I remember Bo weighing 99 pounds the first day of HS practice. I remember all the kids thumping the crap out of Bo at practice at Lansing, and in MO for years getting him where he is today. I remember asics socks with the logo on the inside and Rulon shoes as the only thing that he felt would bring him luck. I remember dinners after the tournaments in Tongie kids club. I remember Bo staying after practice on the last day of his HS season to work with younger kids on some moves they wanted to see. And most of all I remember how wrestling brought our entire family together for the last 12 years. Wow what a ride!! Thanks to all who have helped Bo be the person he has become.

Mike Pursel

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL [Re: RedStorm] #201646 02/28/12 02:08 PM
L
Larry Alley Offline
L
Now that my officiating career is over I will post on this forum,it was my pleasure to officiate Bo's final match. I have worked his mat hes for 4 years and i congratulate him and his family on a great career. I enjoyed working Lansing matches they were always well coached and well behaved on and off the mat. It was my privelage and honor to work Bo's last match and retire. Congratulations

Larry Alley

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 143 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,943
Posts250,375
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)