Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: 5a break down [Re: Gary Seibel] #201959 03/01/12 08:34 PM
L
L.Geyer Offline
L
I am not sure if you are talking about me as the one knocking the wrestlers with a losing record or not, but if that is the case, I was not knocking these wrestlers, I have no clue who these 2 wrestlers wreslted all year, I am just trying to make since of the vicious circle this fourm keeps taking and try to put some of these post into perspective. As I said before I tried to follow adn support 321A and 5A (western ks) this yeas. So I am not trying to take anything away from these kids that made it to state. I think the only way to end this argument is to convince more kids to go out for wrestling to fill all the spots on the teams.

Re: 5a break down [Re: L.Geyer] #201976 03/01/12 09:55 PM
C
cps51 Offline
C
not knocking you only Lucas

Re: 5a break down [Re: firehawk88] #201985 03/01/12 10:13 PM
Lucas Baker Offline OP
OP Offline
In what class Larry? Please remember 5a had 45 of them. 4a had 3 and 3a had 3
Originally Posted By: firehawk88
I went to the Missouri post that you supplied. Thank you for the information Lucas. By the way I counted 33 wrestlers with losing records. Found one kid that was 6-28.

Re: 5a break down [Re: Gary Seibel] #201986 03/01/12 10:15 PM
Lucas Baker Offline OP
OP Offline
I never said they didnt, Just said they should not be able to.
Originally Posted By: Gary Seibel
You seem to be making a lot of assumptions here...

A couple of facts:
106# Tyler Irwin did in fact win a match to qualify. He won twice and dominated the 2 seed (with a nice winning record)10-0. He also beat a 321A state qualifier from Smith Center (24-11) and Norton (22-9).

285# Grant Flemming did in fact win a match to qualify. He beat the #4, #1 seeds at regional and placed 2nd. Both had better records. 2 state placers came out of this region.

I'm sorry you had to leave Kansas due to your embarrassment. I'm pretty proud of their accomplishments. They peaked at the right time and won their spot on the bracket.

Re: 5a break down [Re: Gary Seibel] #201987 03/01/12 10:19 PM
Lucas Baker Offline OP
OP Offline
I left Kansas to get a better job! My mom lives in Salina, I will stop by and say hello next time I am back home whats your address?
Originally Posted By: Gary Seibel
You seem to be making a lot of assumptions here...

A couple of facts:
106# Tyler Irwin did in fact win a match to qualify. He won twice and dominated the 2 seed (with a nice winning record)10-0. He also beat a 321A state qualifier from Smith Center (24-11) and Norton (22-9).

285# Grant Flemming did in fact win a match to qualify. He beat the #4, #1 seeds at regional and placed 2nd. Both had better records. 2 state placers came out of this region.

I'm sorry you had to leave Kansas due to your embarrassment. I'm pretty proud of their accomplishments. They peaked at the right time and won their spot on the bracket.

Re: 5a break down [Re: firehawk88] #201988 03/01/12 10:20 PM
Lucas Baker Offline OP
OP Offline
You must be counting the entire state. how many of them had 45 in one class?
Originally Posted By: firehawk88
63 wrestlers listed on the Nebraska brackets with losing records.

Re: 5a break down [Re: lazyman_1] #201989 03/01/12 10:22 PM
Lucas Baker Offline OP
OP Offline
IM guessing the average 9-12 kids per bracket. compared to 4-6 you know only twice as many kids in regionals in 4a.Its going to be a lil bit harder!
Originally Posted By: lazyman_1
not 1 4A regional bracket I saw was full either. It is not that much harder to qualify for state in 4A. Who cares if the kids have to win 1 or 2 more matches, that's life.

I also find it hard to believe that anybody would ask You (baker) about losing records in the state tournament. Without you bringing it up first.

Re: 5a break down [Re: Wrestlin Scholar] #201991 03/01/12 10:25 PM
Lucas Baker Offline OP
OP Offline
Not sure and dont care Im only here for a few more months Texas does not care about wrestling its a football state. My cousin played for euless trinity one of the best teams in the nation. There wrestling program was not school funded the parents drove the kids to the meet. This is a very large 6a type of school. With a football stadium that seats 20,000
Originally Posted By: fan of the sport
Lucas,

How many kids in Texas with losing records qualified for state? Just curious.

I'm with lucas with its too easy to qualify for state in Kansas. Takes the luster away from the meaning of state qualifier. Minimally go back to the 80s when they had substate and only 8 qualified.

Re: 5a break down [Re: Lucas Baker] #201992 03/01/12 10:27 PM
firehawk88 Offline
I was simply trying to show you that those states had similar situations. They are based on people qualifying. I don't know of any states that require a wrestler to have a winning record or have a certain win total to reach state.

Larry Woltje
Re: 5a break down [Re: firehawk88] #201993 03/01/12 10:33 PM
Beeson Offline
See why I quit arguing with him....it is POINTLESS.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: 5a break down [Re: Lucas Baker] #201994 03/01/12 10:43 PM
ReDPloyd Offline
I know a wrestler very well that finished the season 25-19 in 6A. In those 46 matches, 25 matches were against wrestlers that qualified for State (3 in 4A, the rest in 5/6A) and nine of those matches were against wrestlers that placed at State. (1 in 4A, the other eight in 5/6A). I am not sure how the Tulsa Union wrestler or the two Missouri wrestlers he faced did in their respective states, but they were pretty dang solid too.

My point is, this wrestler lost almost twenty matches during the year and still placed at State. This is probably because he faced incredible competition all year, not because he had a great record.

Lee Girard
Re: 5a break down [Re: ReDPloyd] #202006 03/02/12 12:19 AM
Ricky Bobby Offline

[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]
Re: 5a break down [Re: Ricky Bobby] #202009 03/02/12 12:40 AM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
ROTFLMAO!!!

I wish I knew how to do cool stuff like that.

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: 5a break down [Re: Dean Welsh] #202028 03/02/12 02:34 AM
J
J. Storm Offline
J
I did not get to see 5A state this year, but I usually do follow 6A and 5A often. This is my first year following 4A. Prior to moving I taught and coached in a 6A school for 3 years and I have sent guys with losing records to state. Some of these kids beat very good wrestlers to earn their spot in the state tournament. I also had a wrestler one year who was 8-20 and was the 8 seed in his regional. He lost his first match then finished 3rd in his regional. He gets to state and wins a couple matches. He wrestles kids state and finishes 4th beating state placers from 4A and 321A in the process. Sometimes the light bulb goes on late in the year and I think every kid who makes it to state works hard and puts forth the effort needed to go.

Jason Storm

Jason Storm
Head Women's Coach Labette County High School
Re: 5a break down [Re: L.Geyer] #202080 03/02/12 03:20 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Originally Posted By: L.Geyer
I think the only way to end this argument is to convince more kids to go out for wrestling to fill all the spots on the teams.

Wrong, the only way to end this argument is to ban Lucas from the forum.
He should have been banned last year when he made the horrendous comments about a physically challenged kid and all the other asinine derogatory comments he has made over the last two years.

This forum is for the betterment of Kansas wrestling. Lucas is not interested in bettering Kansas wrestling. He just want to get on the forum and rant. If he were truly interested in making Kansas wrestling better, he would go through the appropriate channels and discuss his issues with the appropriate people. No, he gets on the forum and bashes classes and towns that OUR Kansas kids wrestle for. Does he not understand that when he bashes a class or town, he is bashing OUR kids, their families and their programs and communities? He even bashes OUR kids with losing records. Does he not know that those same kids that he declares are not worthy and their parents read the forum? Does he not care about how insulting he is and how he is insulting them? Apparently not. And if that is the case, then that only justifies my suggestion even more that he be banned.

This whole thing is ridiculous and I can't believe that we let it go on. Lucas wants people to listen to and consider his points but he doesn't listen to or consider others points. He wants people to respect him and his opinion but he doesn't respect other people and their opinions. Lucas is a terrible reflection on Kansas wrestling. He is making us all look bad. He has already been pretty much denounced by Abilene and that should say enough right there. What does he think that people from other states think when they read about this stuff? Does he even care? Apparently not. And if he doesn't care about Kansas wrestling to the point that he is embarrasing with no regard, then that only justifies my suggestion even more that he be banned.

So I make a motion that Lucas be banned from the forum until he can prove that he can follow the guidelines and be a positive reflection on Kansas wrestling and try to be mature and professional and do things the right way instead of saying terrible things about others to advance his point. He is clearly being a selfish person that just needs attention.

Re: 5a break down [Re: XGHSWC] #202082 03/02/12 03:37 PM
A
AAA Offline
A
Excellent post X!! I dont usually read much of his stuff as its really not all that interesting, but I thought he was way over the line by publishing on this forum a list of kids that might've had a sub .500 record that made it to state, I would consider that a personal attack on every wrestler and the moderator should delete it. Most likely those kids didnt miss a practice and worked as hard as some of the best kids in our state. Example what if wrestler X with an above 500 record shows up @ Bobcat unseeded gets tossed in 1st match against Pursel loses, gets to the backside wins one then wrestles an Engles, or Durossete, or any other state placer quality kid and leaves the tourney 1-2 and this repeats itself 3-5 times at other tourneys? The thanks he gets is seeing his name posted on this forum berated by a guy that doesnt even attend Ks high school tournaments. Very unfair!!

Kevin Seybold

Re: 5a break down [Re: XGHSWC] #202254 03/05/12 06:18 AM
Lucas Baker Offline OP
OP Offline
1.Please send me the link where I was making "Horrendous comments about a Physically challenged kid"? I have asked you several times to do so you have yet to do it. I told a story that happened to me while attending a Camp in ARK CITY. I did in no way shape or form insult the kid, I simply typed a memory of Ark City, THAT REALLY HAPPENED TO ME. IT REALLY HAPPENED IT IS THE TRUTH, I AM SORRY IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE TRUTH.

2. I have came up with ways to improve KANSAS wrestling JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LIKE THEM DOES NOT MEAN I AM NOT TRYING!,
a. combine 5a 6a so you get better QUALITY WRESTLERS IN THE STATE TOURNAMENT
b.SINCE YOU DO NOT LIKE THAT IDEA I also mentioned doing 2 regional's and having an 8 man bracket keeping 5a and 6a separate tournys.

3. I am not bashing kids by putting there name on a list, I simply took there name and record from the State Tourny Bracket and compiled a list. If you want to be mad at someone be mad at the state for putting there records on the bracket. I never once said anything bad about those kids on that list. Again you cannot handle the truth! those kids really do have losing records! Did I ever say they were BAD WRESTLERS?.... NO I DID NOT!!!!!

4. I have admitted to being on that list my self my soph year in high school I was 1-30 for 5a Salina Central 5 man at regionals if i win i go to state with a 2-29 record, did you not read that?

5. I have never asked for anyone to respect me, I could care less what you think about me XGHSWC, I could care less what James Stout and Curtis Ryan thinks about me. I know where I stand with people back home, Im not worried a bit.

6. I do not care what people from other states think either not really sure why you do?

7. Call Bill Christner, see what he thinks of me. Call Steve Wedel Call Tom Taplin, Call Robert Zey, call Deb Lytle Call Dave Robinson You think because James Stout was being politically correct people in my Home town have denounced me? You have no idea what you are talking about, James was covering his ass.

8. How am I selfish? Who have I bashed? You are so easily offended by the truth. So, if a kid loses a match can you not talk about it on the form? That might hurt his feelings right, If a kid has a losing record it is not mentionable, that might hurt his feelings too? If I tell a TRUE story about 4 other heavy weights not wanting to catch a disease by wrestling with a kid that came into practice smelling like pee for the 3rd day in a row. Does that make me mean? Am I bashing that kid, or am I just telling a true story?

9. I make a motion that you be banned for not following the forum rules.

Straight from MR Salyer himself

Quote:
Board Rules
This is a free forum, created for the purpose of promoting Kansas wrestling, and those who wrestle, through the exchange of thoughts and suggestions, and for the recognition of the accomplishments of those involved in our sport. There are just two basic rules that are necessary to keep in mind. First, remember that this is a family oriented forum, and is regularly viewed by young wrestlers. Second, "cheap shots" will not be tolerated. If you are going to post a message critical of an individual, group or idea, you must give your true name and/or email address. Be willing to stand behind your comments, or keep them to yourself.

You will find I signed my name, as always. My target on the other hand, while taking a "cheap shot" did not have the integrity or courage to sign his name.

A few text I get from Beeson, daily now,

"people from Abilene told me that your father had a one nighter with a stripper or a whore and oops here you were"

"speaking of parents...was your mom a stripper or a whore...I cant remember... and why is your last name different than your dads?"

He then went on to bash my father for nevering wining a 3a state title." wow looking to see how good ole coach Lamar is.... not really impressed he couldnt win a 3a title...disappointing Im sure...thats why you never bash 123a....lmfao" "couldnt even place higher than 4th and your talking $%^& on everyone else?

"and the Best Coach in the state still has more state Championships than your beloved daddy whose last name he wouldnt give you"

"Abilene had two good years.... that doesnt make you a wrestling Dynasty...Just makes you a two hit wonder team...It Happens...try winning 19 out of 40 years."

"im starting to see where this is really coming from...Wayne Jackson and Ark City hogging all of the state championships...hurt feelings cuz your daddy wasnt a good coach?"

"who did your dad coach for in High School...and did he ever win a team Championship?"

"did he win so many your having trouble counting them all...or youR ashamed?"

XGHSWC You get upset with me for speaking the truth about 5a wrestling, while for two years now I have had to put up Beeson and his crap behind the forum.

X bottom line 5a wrestling had 45 kids with losing records, 31 of witch went 0-2 giving up TEAM POINTS THAT HELPS TEAMS WIN STATE TOURNYS. SO IMO AND ONLY MY OPINION A 1234A TEAM TITLE MEANS MORE BECAUSE THEIR ARE NOT 45 KIDS IN IT WITH LOSING RECORDS, OF WHICH 41 OF THE 45 LOST THEIR FIRST MATCH 3 OF THEM BEAT ANOTHER KID WITH A LOSING RECORD AND ONE OF THEM HAD A BYE. 31 OF THE 45 WENT 0-2, 10 KIDS WON THERE SECOND ROUND MATCHS BEATING ANOTHER KID WITH A LOSING RECORDED. IF I REMEMBER RIGHT 3 OF THE 45 WENT 2-2 OR BETTER I THINK ONE OF THE KIDS WON 3 MATCHES.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ EXCEPT FOR MY OPINION UP THERE THOSE ARE FACTS, I AM SORRY IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THOSE FACTS, IM SORRY IF YOU THINK I AM BASHING A KID BY STATING FACTS, YOU SHOULD DO SOMETHING TO CHANGE THOSE FACTS, BECAUSE IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN NEXT YEAR FACT I WILL POST THE SAME THING.

SEE YA NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Originally Posted By: XGHSWC
I think the only way to end this argument is to convince more kids to go out for wrestling to fill all the spots on the teams.

Wrong, the only way to end this argument is to ban Lucas from the forum.
He should have been banned last year when he made the horrendous comments about a physically challenged kid and all the other asinine derogatory comments he has made over the last two years.

This forum is for the betterment of Kansas wrestling. Lucas is not interested in bettering Kansas wrestling. He just want to get on the forum and rant. If he were truly interested in making Kansas wrestling better, he would go through the appropriate channels and discuss his issues with the appropriate people. No, he gets on the forum and bashes classes and towns that OUR Kansas kids wrestle for. Does he not understand that when he bashes a class or town, he is bashing OUR kids, their families and their programs and communities? He even bashes OUR kids with losing records. Does he not know that those same kids that he declares are not worthy and their parents read the forum? Does he not care about how insulting he is and how he is insulting them? Apparently not. And if that is the case, then that only justifies my suggestion even more that he be banned.

This whole thing is ridiculous and I can't believe that we let it go on. Lucas wants people to listen to and consider his points but he doesn't listen to or consider others points. He wants people to respect him and his opinion but he doesn't respect other people and their opinions. Lucas is a terrible reflection on Kansas wrestling. He is making us all look bad. He has already been pretty much denounced by Abilene and that should say enough right there. What does he think that people from other states think when they read about this stuff? Does he even care? Apparently not. And if he doesn't care about Kansas wrestling to the point that he is embarrasing with no regard, then that only justifies my suggestion even more that he be banned.

So I make a motion that Lucas be banned from the forum until he can prove that he can follow the guidelines and be a positive reflection on Kansas wrestling and try to be mature and professional and do things the right way instead of saying terrible things about others to advance his point. He is clearly being a selfish person that just needs attention.

Re: 5a break down [Re: Lucas Baker] #202486 03/06/12 02:17 PM
Vbwrestler132 Offline
As a competitor of the 5a state tournament, in my opinion classes 5a and 6a do not need to be combined. Throught the whole year you wrestle many different teams in all classes, as a senior I like the distinction between classes. I just moved here from Virginia beach and was a competitor in the state tournament there where there is only 3 classes which makes it harder to to make it to the state tournament but coming here the distinction was better and more organized. I understand your opinion lbaker that you see a lot of losing record kids in the state tournament (I was not one of them) but it doesn't take from the fact that those kids did something that many others could never do which is get the chance to compete in the state tournament. Whether they went 0-2 or not they still were given the opportunity to compete and everyone of them earned their right and placed in the top 4 in their region.

Re: 5a break down [Re: Vbwrestler132] #202517 03/06/12 04:00 PM
L
L.Geyer Offline
L
I just quickly skimmed through the results of the 5A regionals, and it appears to me that many of these wrestlers with losing records either beat or placed higher than the wrestlers with 500 or better records in their brackets in regionals. This shows me that these wrestlers were the better wrestler on that given day, and they deserved the opportunity to be at the state tournament. There is no way anyone can argue this point, as that is the results of the regional tournament. This is what is great about the sport of wrestling. It is not decided on paper or by records going into a tournament. If you are the best wrestler you still have to beat everyone, or you are not the best that day. CONGRATS TO EVERY WRESTLER THAT COMPETED IN THE STATE TOURNAMENT, NO MATTER IF YOUR RECORD WAS 40-0 OR 2-15.

Re: 5a break down [Re: L.Geyer] #202545 03/06/12 06:07 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
This is what is great about the sport of wrestling. It is not decided on paper or by records going into a tournament.

AMEN!

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 75 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,384
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)