Being the mom of a former cheerleader, I can see both sides of this discussion. If cheerleaders are out by the mat supporting their wrestlers, I am thrilled. It seems to me that, unless you come from one of the bigger schools where each sport has their own cheerleaders, the only time there come out is when it is a state or regional meet that gets a lot of attention (and perhaps means a trip out of town away from mom and dad.) Then when they get there, they don't seem to understand the rules: sit, not stand at the mats so the paying fans can see; when a wrestler anywhere gets injured, even if he's not on YOUR team, you sit and be quiet out of respect for the wrestler and those trying to give him care-then cheer the athlete when he leaves the mat; represent your school in your appearance and behavior, take the higher ground when others don't do the same. I'd love to see cheerleaders at the mat at every meet giving the respect to the athletes that they deserve. Cheer on your warriors. This is one of the toughest sports there is and they deserve it!