Hey WrestleStat fans, the next major enhancements is ready to go.

!!!TourneyPool!!!

I'm sure some of you on here have already been doing this for past NCAA tournaments. Here's the concept:

You have a lineup that consists of 10 weights
You MUST select a wrestler for each weight
Each wrestler is assigned a point value determined by the wrestlers seed for that tournament
You are not able to use more than 1000 points, total, for your 10 selections
There are 3 tie-breaker questions in case there is a tie
After the tournament is over, each lineup/submission gets points based on the points earned by each respective wrestler at that particular tournament (ie advancement points, bonus points, and placement points)
There is a "legend" that shows the point values per seed for each of the respective tournaments that are allowed (the points are different based on the number of participants of each tournament)
ANYONE CAN CREATE THEIR OWN GROUP

How to participate:

Join a public group that is already created (I have created "default" groups for all of the conference tournaments, and NCAA tournament that are open to everyone)
or Create a group
Invite participants to your group via email (or you could call them if you really want to, but who does that anymore)
If you want to restrict your group to only your friends, you can make the group private, and assign a group password
Once the PreSeeds have been released for a particular tournament, then those need to be updated (either by the group coordinators, or by me). Note: Let's say there are 100 groups for the Big Ten Championship, only 1 group coordinator, or me, needs to update the PreSeeds for that tournament. Obviously there can't be different PreSeeds for the same tournament
Once the PreSeeds have been set, and the "PreSeeds Are Set" checkbox is set for each respective weight, then users are then able to start submitting their picks
Users, and the group coordinators, and myself, are NOT able to see other users picks until the tournament has started
All submissions are locked starting as of the day of the tournament (I believe it's 8:00am Eastern time for the cutoff)
As matches occur, group coordinators, or me, can add match results as the tournament progresses (or when it's over). It's here where each match result gets assigned the points earned by the wrestler (advancement, bonus, placement)
If match results are updated real-time (or close to it) you will be able to track your own leaderboards to see where you stand in your group
In addition to real-time leaderboard, this will also allow me to show the REAL team scores for the tournament. In past tournaments, the PSU site was the only place to get real-time team standings (that I'm aware of).

I have NOT updated my FAQ page for the TourneyPool stuff. I've been pressed for time to get this done before the tournaments started. If you have questions, you can email me wrestlestat@gmail.com, or reply to this thread. I will try and check back at least once per day for questions/comments/etc.

Have fun everyone!

http://www.wrestlestats.com