Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Managers? #24725 02/25/04 03:25 AM
Larry Perez Offline
My coaches wifes are like the Manager of the Managers....lol But they are GREAT!!!

Re: Managers? #24726 02/25/04 03:29 AM
V
vikes Offline
V
Lincoln Northeast Dual tourn.

and to answer you questions Eli/vikesmanager

the reason you can't go to the overnight tournaments are becasue you are a underage girl, with no female chaperone staying overnight with 14 male wrestlers and 3 male coaches. NOT A GOOD IDEA

LIABILITY

when we had wrestlerettes, our managers would stay with them, but we don't have them anymore.

as for $$, the district only gives out money for those participating in state. even though you do a lot, you are NOT participating in state, therefore you get no $$ from the district.

i am not trying to sound mean, but it's not because you are underappreciated. rules are rules and sometimes they are not what we think is right or fair.

Re: Managers? #24727 02/25/04 03:32 AM
VikesManager05 Offline
Naaah, its all good Merfen. $$$ and rules.

The OnE with sHorT haIR..
Re: Managers? #24728 02/25/04 03:33 AM
VikesManager05 Offline
Coach Merfen*

Re: Managers? #24729 02/25/04 04:12 AM
V-S Vikings Offline
Well, if that's the Shawnee Mission School District's policy, then they're pretty unenlightened and I'm grateful not to be a part of it. And for the record, as far as we're concerned, our managers DO participate.

"The only thing you ever deserve is what you earn."
— Tom Brands, Head Wrestling Coach, Virginia Tech
Re: Managers? #24730 02/25/04 07:17 AM
Dingbat Offline
Ok, stop before I throw up in my mouth.

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: Managers? #24731 02/25/04 05:17 PM
V
vikes Offline
V
big red coach. what bracket can i find them in?

so you think it is ok for a 17 year old girl to stay overnight with male adults and high school boys in a hotel?

if you think that is ok, then i'm sure SM wouldn't want you there to get the district sued for unintelligent choices.

Re: Managers? #24732 02/25/04 06:14 PM
W
wrestlerette'05 Offline
W
I don't know what all goes on in the big schools, but what I do know at in our small school us managers get treeted pretty well. Yes, the guys give us alot of s**t sometimes but we just deal with it 'cuz we've grown up with them. As far as overnight tourneys we get to go and stay with the team and we don't always have a chaperone with us, but they trust us and the guys. They are all pretty cool to us!!! I love them all like family. We all get to go to state and stay with them!!! It's great!

Re: Managers? #24733 02/25/04 06:31 PM
VikesManager05 Offline
hmmmm....... are you a wrestlerette or a manager??? And yes the guys do gimme s**t. But like you said they are like family to me and I love them all like they were my brothers. I have spent so much time with them and after awhile they grew on me.

Re: Managers? #24734 02/25/04 06:54 PM
WildcatGirl1 Offline
This is my first year as a wrestling manager and I love it. I feel like I am a part of the team and its the coaches and wrestlers that make me feel that way. We are never disrespected and if we are it is in a joking manner and we know to take it that way. There has not been one time that I felt out of place or just "there." Thank you Coach Jones and Coach Terrell.

Re: Managers? #24735 02/25/04 09:49 PM
W
wrestlerett05 Offline
W
i agree with what most of you are sayin.
i am on the team, with two other wrestlerett's/ managers whatever you wanna call us. that is really messed up about that coach. i look at it as this......if you dont want us on the team find some one else to go do all the other lil jobs that no one wants to take care of. but our coaches and wrestlers dont treat us like that. all the girls say we are so "lucky" cause we get to go to all the wrestling things to see all the "hott" guys, and we dont have to pay to get in. but thats not how i see it, ya its nice to see the boys, but thats besides the point. us girls are out there for a reason. its the same as why the coaches are coaches, or wrestleres are wrestlers. and another thing, i know that not every girl would or could be able to put up with the stuff we have to do, handle the **** from the guys. then there are other girls that are like how can you give up so much time to something that you dont do. but i know thats not how any of us "girls" see it as. i am so proud to be on my team. ya the guys can be jerks, but deal with it. and also for some girls its a "belonging" that they need. wrestling is a sport that you learn so much from it. most wrestlerett's/managers theres a reason to how they got on the team. their brothers, or family memebers wrestle or something like that. you guys say how much the cheer leaders dont know bout wrestling and some say the same bout us, but the more we watch, go to practice, and just be around; the more we learn. i have been around wrestling since i was born, and have been on a wrestling team since i was in 6th grade. i chose wrestling over basektball, and i know that i would never be able to go back and go for basketball over wrestling. i have met some of the most awesome people through the sport and have gained alot from it. GOOD LUCK TO ALL WRESTLERS, COACHES, STAT GIRLS, AD'S, AND PARENTS.....C-Ya in Witchita!!!
-heather

Re: Managers? #24736 02/25/04 09:53 PM
W
wrestlingchic4u Offline
W
id like to say....well said wrestlerett05!! cya at state everyone, and good luck to all the wrestlers!!!

Re: Managers? #24737 02/25/04 10:07 PM
V-S Vikings Offline
VIkes:

What I was referring to was making them pay their own way. Our girls are always chaperoned — we're not quite that dumb out here in the sticks

"The only thing you ever deserve is what you earn."
— Tom Brands, Head Wrestling Coach, Virginia Tech
Re: Managers? #24738 02/25/04 10:47 PM
H
hsamuels Offline
H
jhballer, first of all, the managers were not told that they were wasted space. Your girlfriend does not show up at practice. Your sister does the most work of all our managers, and coach didn't tell her to "fly a kite." My problem with this whole argument is this: ANYONE IN THE UNITED STATES CAN GO TO WICHITA TO WATCH THE STATE TOURNAMENT! Just because they aren't travelling w/ the team doesn't mean they are banned from the tourney! Also, coach put all the managers on the pass gate list, so your girlfriend and sister can get into the coliseum for free. And coach is going to give the managers meal money as well! I don't see what the big deal is with your complaint. In my opinion, some managers may not "qualify" for state. If the managers are part of the team, then they need to put in enough work to make it to state, just like the wrestlers. And, like wrestlers, if they don't put in the work, they don't deserve the right to get a free trip to state. I didn't think you had all the facts straight, so there you go. See you this weekend, jhballer.

Hunter Samuels
Tonganoxie

Hunter Samuels
Tonganoxie
Re: Managers? #24739 02/25/04 11:25 PM
otohp_15 Offline
I am not a manager. That is not right that your disrict is making you pay your way into state vikesmanager 05. I dont think that is right i am not even a part of the team i take pictures for my school and for the wrestlers that are going to be there (they enjoying getting them back)..anyways i get to get in with a braclet and i am allowed to take pictures so i dont see why your disrict is making you pay..anyways i think that the any team should have managers if they do their job. at my school i think that our managers are just a distraction and they just go to duels and tournys to get attetion, (this includes our trainer) they might be cute girls but i dont think that the team needs to be bringing them along if they dont do much. our trainer goes and talks with other teams which is alright but she flirts with a lot of guys and thats wrong, she has been known to rap other teams arms feet or whatever (this maybe her job but not for another team)i dont think that our managers qualify to travel with the team, but i do think that any manager that earns the right to travel then they should be treated like anyother team member

if you don't like something change it, if you can't change it, change your attitude
Re: Managers? #24740 02/26/04 01:24 PM
ERbrave04 Offline
Well our managers get treated better than the team does! They only come to the meets when they can get out of school early, and when they do come they don't video tape, they don't get us water but on the other hand they will eat all of our food! We have one manager named "bounce" and all she does is eat! At the BVNW meet she had like 5 or 6 sandwiches and a box and a half of cosmic brownies! Which was all intended for the wrestlers. Our managers are useless and on top of all that they are f***ing ugly!!!

Re: Managers? #24741 02/26/04 01:31 PM
VikesManager05 Offline
Hey now.. your not assuming all managers are ugly are you..?? lol. What school do ya go to ERbrave04? I manage for SMW and I try not to be useless. I do what I'm asked, when I'm asked and try no to get in the way to terribly much!

Re: Managers? #24742 02/26/04 01:34 PM
VikesManager05 Offline
And I TRY not to eat in front of the wrestlers. It makes me feel bad cause half the time they are trying to cut weight.

Re: Managers? #24743 02/26/04 05:02 PM
smnwrestler2004 Offline
if the manager does the work she or he is supposed to do then they should deserve to go to state. like tong119 said they have to earn it. a manager should not just think that she should go to state just because that they are a manager and other managers are going. just becasue you wrestle varsity doesn't mean you get a free ride to state, you have to earn it. now all our managers are going to state this year which doesn't bother me because they all have done there work and put up with all our b.s. last year we had wrestlettes go to state to, which they did not deserve at all i taught. all they were there for where the guys and flirt with them like they did all last year.

and vikesmanager, can you please tell our managers not to eat in front of us. i don't care if they do it at tournments, but when they have the nerve to bring McDonals or Chipoltes into the practice room, now that is just pure torture.

Re: Managers? #24744 02/26/04 05:21 PM
Dingbat Offline
ERbrave04--
how DARE you steal the avatar of forum legend Jhris Cennings?!? Shame!

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Chase, Coach Malay), 173 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)