To everyone that made this event happen, THANK YOU. I know a lot of people and a lot of organizations came together to ensure a good tournament was made possible, and you did just that. I apologize, in the current environment, a GREAT tournament was made possible. I am in no way saying it was perfect, but considering the alternatives, it was pretty dang close.

Part of me complains every year at Topeka about how crowded day one is, and then I caught myself saying how much I missed it this weekend. I miss all the wrestlers coming together for a huge event and competing at the same time through all age levels. I completely understand why this couldn't happen, and I can't say enough about how GREAT this tournament was this weekend. I guess I hope the discussion starts soon about what could be taken away from this years tournament to make the future ones even better. I think there were certain aspects of this tournament that could be used as lessons learned to improve future State Championships when they return to Topeka. Maybe I'm way off, and if so, I'm sure I will hear about it.

Maize, you guys are a class act that is second to none, and I'm not even talking about your wrestlers. That can't be questioned. To every town and family that volunteered this weekend, most will never realize what all you do. THANK YOU!!!