Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Damian Mendez #257294 07/04/22 02:31 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yesterday, many of us got the news of our own Damian Mendez. We collectively hit our knees, praying to our Lord to heal him and comfort his family. Early this morning we were dealt with the crushing news of his passing. We all had the same questions. Why? How? How could God allow this?

Our state rightfully applauded this amazing young man for his elite physical gifts that God gave him. I did not know him as personally as many. He was always one of my first calls to join my traveling teams. If you had Damian on your team, others would follow.

Personally I didn't know where he stood spiritually. I do take great comfort in his Mother's words in announcing his presense with God!

You see..... This is the critical issue. Where do we stand before our Holy and Righteous God? Are we at a spiritual place in our lives, that if we died today, would we go to heaven? Ask yourself this... If you did die today and stood before God and He asked you, Why should I let you into My heaven? What would you say?

Many would say, "I think I'm a good person" , "I try to do the right things" or "I go to church regularly". Don't rely on those... There is but one correct answer, said many ways but straight from your heart. "I have repented of my sin and have placed all of my hope and all of my trust in Your Son and my Savior Jesus Christ".

Our Kansas wrestling family will be forever changed by losing Damian Mendez. Let us make it our daily goal to glorify God in our lives, knowing that we are all one heartbeat away from eternity. Speak openly and candidly with others. Hug your children and hug your friends. Pray for God to strengthen and comfort Damian's family.

Rest in peace... In Glory... Damian Mendez!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Damian Mendez [Re: Chief Renegade] #257295 07/05/22 08:21 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline OP
OP Offline
C

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 115 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox, Coach Lueders, forty
12296 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,911
Posts250,304
Members12,296
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)