Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 58 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 57 58
Re: R.A.O.S #34457 07/19/05 01:07 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
I can see where being toothless would make horseshoe pitching more challenging ...... you couldn't bite your lip to help concentrate ....... and I remember back in the 70's, one group of seniors in Arkansas were on the news protesting because their town commission had banned tobacco spittin' at the local horseshoe league events ...... this would be the kind of newsbreaking story I would expect a channel like the Ocho to cover!

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?"
Re: R.A.O.S #34458 07/20/05 12:56 AM
C
Cpt. Steve Offline
C
i just got this joke in this email. its pretty funny

A bus carrying only ugly people crashes into an oncoming truck, and everyone inside dies. They then get to meet their maker, and because of the grief they have experienced; he decides to grant them one wish each, before they enter Paradise. They're all lined up, and God asks the first one what the wish is. "I want to be gorgeous," and so God snaps His fingers, and it is done. The second one in line hears this and says "I want to be gorgeous too." Another snap of His fingers and the wish is granted. This goes on for a while with each one asking to be gorgeous, but when God is halfway down the line, the last guy in the line starts laughing. When there are only ten people left, this guy is rolling on the floor, laughing his head off. Finally, God reaches this last guy and asks him what his wish will be. The guy eventually calms down and says: "Make 'em all ugly again."

lol see but there is a lesson to b learned from this.....its not always bad to be last in line.

anyway there was a dodge ball meeting tonight talking about prizes and some other things there's some sweet raffle prizes.

"Take care of your balls and they'll take care of you."
-Patches O'Houlihan
Re: R.A.O.S #34459 07/20/05 01:26 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Captain ..... finally ..... you came up with a pretty good joke! ...... good to see you at the meeting tonight ....... many thanks to everyone, especially Denise, Camellia, Cathy and Ms. Sauceda for all the work they've done putting the tournament together ..... I'm not good at putting on events like this and they are handling it like pros ...... of course, I am pretty good at doing what I'm told to do at these things ..... all I know is my next task is to get the dodgeballs ...... gotta take care of the first thing before you do the second thing ....... I'll let somebody else post the particulars decided upon tonight ...... hopefully Angrysteve wrote stuff down!

Re: R.A.O.S #34460 07/20/05 02:00 AM
C
Cpt. Steve Offline
C
man it took u a while i figured u would have posted before i did....i'm glad u liked the joke....i don't think angry wrote anything down

"Take care of your balls and they'll take care of you."
-Patches O'Houlihan
Re: R.A.O.S #34461 07/20/05 02:17 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Well ..... I hope he has a good memory ...... my mind is crammed with all the info. I'm having to organize for the paper I'm writing ..... my brain is on overload and if I had any hair, it would probably be falling out in my hat ...... and I gotta tell ya Capt., the Crusty's sandwich and fries you were waving under my nose sure looked good!

Re: R.A.O.S #34462 07/20/05 08:20 PM
Bracket-man Offline
Superiorsteve - As much as Randy and I would be honored and thrilled to perform the National Anthem for the Dodgeball Tournament, we have been graciously relieved by Lil Sharpe. She is willing to send a tape of her rendition of the anthem for the tournament (see entry under "Last post for awhile"). I think it adds a great wrestling touch, as she was the young lady who performed the anthem at State this year. Randy and I will graciously hum in the background to avoid any flying vegatables our way. Lil Sharpe was asking for an address, so she could send the tape.

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
Re: R.A.O.S #34463 07/20/05 08:40 PM
usawks1 Offline
... and veggies are fine ... as long as there fresh! Throw the soft ones gently at me and the items like roast-n-ears and squash at Bracket.

If you can dodge an ear of corn ... you can dodge a ball!

Just noticed ... the trip sevens!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: R.A.O.S #34464 07/21/05 01:58 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Bracketman ..... many thanks my good friend! ...... I, for one am saddened that we will have to wait for another time to hear the musical renderings of such a dynamic duo as Randy and yourself ...... but I do appreciate the alternative offer by lil_sharpe_007 ..... we would be honored to have her taped rendition of the National Anthem to kick-off our tournament .... so, to lil_sharpe ....... it would be very gracious of you to send us a copy ..... we would have to have it by Aug. 12 ....... please address it to:

Turner Rec Administrative Office
c/o Camellia WHite
831 S. 55th Street
Kansas City, KS 66106

For those of you who are thinking of attending but not playing, it will be a fun-filled day of competition and well worth the price of admission ..... and all profits will go to support Turner wrestling!

Re: R.A.O.S #34465 07/21/05 02:30 AM
lil_sharpe_007 Offline
I'll get that tape made and sent to u asap

"No Excuses"-Kyle Maynard
Re: R.A.O.S #34466 07/21/05 05:50 PM
Bracket-man Offline
Randy - Get your lotto ticket!! Or just go all in. 3 7's is a killer hand! What a dilemma, though, veggies or a wrench? Just glad one of the choices wasn't shrapnel. LOL

Superiorsteve - There are many things to be saddened about, but missing out on our singing should be mighty low on the list. If the tape thing don't work out, I will gladly pay my respects to our great country by singing the National Anthem. However, I am confident (and glad) that Ms. Sharpe is helping with this chore.
I have talked to several folks in my area of the world about getting a team together...maybe this will work out, but kids and summer make a bad combination for results. I'm still up for the dunk tank, if you need volunteers. See you soon!!

Re: R.A.O.S #34467 07/22/05 05:01 PM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Our thanks to lil sharpe ...... Bracketman, I am sorry the boys down your way are having difficulty gettin a team together ..... but I understand ...... we were hoping to get a team from the BV area ...... and even though I am on a team, my hope is that it will not be necessary for me to play ..... I plan on doing the Patches O'Houlihan thing ...... just have to scrounge around and find an old flight jacket and get my wheel chair out of the trunk ...... hey, that's it! ....... next year, we can host a Murderball Tournament!

Re: R.A.O.S #34468 07/23/05 07:18 PM
Bracket-man Offline
Superiorsteve - I may have spoken too soon...it appears that there may be a spark of interest from BV way to participate in the tournament. Will register properly if I can get 6 youths to commit during the dog days of summer. If it works out, I could be their "Patches O'Houlihan" (I was thinking of using the handle, "Buck Naked") and the game will truly be on! Actually, the thought of helping out with funds for your team was of interest to them...good stuff! We may be the weakest wrestling class, but have the biggest hearts.

Re: R.A.O.S #34469 07/24/05 12:55 PM
hansen Offline
The raffle is looking good:

2 tckts for a show in 2006-Verison Ampitheater
The movie Reversal and soundtrack
Dinner for 2 at Outback
A wrestling singlet from Applause Apparel
A month of tanning from Celcius Tanning

Just to name a few items

Re: R.A.O.S #34470 07/25/05 01:11 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Thanks for the update and work on this, Denise ........ just talked with Aliensteve from Fargo ...... he stuck his first guy and lost 9-7 and 19-17 in his next two ...... he's not real happy with his performance in the second match ...... was up 6-3 and ran short on gas ....... the next was a barnburner where he was again up 16-11 ....... he said he didn't quite understand some of the points awarded to his opponent, but won't blame it on that ...... either way, Good Game Matt ...... proud of you! ......... will look forward to you getting back to Steveville!

Re: R.A.O.S #34471 07/25/05 01:21 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Oh yeah .... and a good game to Big Steve O, Angrysteve, Coach Debey, Coach Peterson and Coach Penca for surviving Canadiansteve's bachelor party last night ........ good job gentlemen!

Re: R.A.O.S #34472 07/27/05 02:30 AM
psychosteve Offline
hello my fellow steves...sorry i have been absent for so long...i was just wondering who all was participating in the dodge ball tourney....cause we have a team...superior...are you and canadian going to be playing in the golf tournament this year again with me and papa...just let me know...later....

Re: R.A.O.S #34473 07/27/05 02:57 AM
Bracket-man Offline
Psychosteve - Where in the wide, wide world of sports have you been? Hope your summer has been good to you. Have been trying to get Superior to let your Papa and me sit on a dunk tank at the tournament. Yes, it was a ploy to keep cool, but was really trying to raise funds for the team. Give your ol' man our best wishes and hope to see you at the tournament.

Re: R.A.O.S #34474 07/27/05 04:11 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
Psycho! ....... Great to hear from you again! ....... just happened to be up working on my final paper for my summer class and decided to take a break and check the forum ...... would be good to see you one of these days ...... I assume you've been working all summer ..... if it doesn't interfere with work, I'd sure like to see you come out and help with camp ..... as usual, we're going 7:30 - 10:30 behind the Middle School ...... it was always good to have you there to help with the kids ...... Captainsteve has been out helping us also ...... if it doesn't work, I understand ...... as for golf, you **** skippy I'm in! ..... I think Canadiansteve is too but will have to check ..... we're getting him married off this weekend , and that changes every man's regularly scheduled activities ....... I've been told that I'm on Angrysteve's team "The Shockers" ........ and to my good friend Bracketman, I would have loved to have had you and PAPA come and do the dunktank this summer ........ Turner Rec had a fund-raiser back in May at which they had the tank ...... I didn't do that one but did stand for a few pies in the face ........ it was still cool in May ...... this certainly would be the time to pull the tank out ...... but I don't think that's the plan for the Dodgeball tourney ...... still hope to see you both there, Buck!

Re: R.A.O.S #34475 07/27/05 11:58 AM
psychosteve Offline
i am not sure that i will have time this year...i really wish i could have made it though....as for the golf tourney...great to hear..i will let my dad know....our dodgeball team is the dirty penguins....not sure what it means but it sounds cool....

Re: R.A.O.S #34476 07/28/05 10:46 AM
S
superiorsteve Offline
S
No worries, Mike ........ hopefully we'll get together before the Dodgeball tournament ..... I think we're all overdue for a RAOS meeting ....... Angry has his bathroom done now so we can meet there ...... camp is over this week, so maybe next week we can get the boys together ..... in the meantime, chip and putt!

Page 32 of 58 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 57 58

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 124 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)