Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Strange fact about state #65493 03/13/04 02:43 AM
moeder Offline
Nigel, just curious - why do you have the "right" to state your "I'm the only one who knows anything" opinion when you aren't even ON THE TEAM AT ALL and it's ok, ...BUT when a Scott City wreslter who you claim to be J.V. makes a comment it should be discarded because they didnt score any points at state??? Sorry, but they contributed a heck of alot more than you did, so their viewpoints are just as valid and as acceptable as any irritating post you can provide!

Re: Strange fact about state #65494 03/13/04 03:16 AM
B
Brent Lane Offline
B
Nigel,

To even mention the two 4th place finishers as a possible reason, whether you realize it or not, appears to be blaming them for the 2nd place finish. Put yourself in their shoes, they probably know you did'nt mean it that way, but there is always that doubt in their mind and now Nigel is on the forum talking about it. With any luck they have been instructed to ignore your posts and utter ignorance. They don't need to have their accomplishments beleaguered by your sensless jabber. Wouldn't it be nice to congratulate them for their efforts (which I am sure you did) and just leave it at that.

"If it is to be, it is up to me!"
Re: Strange fact about state #65495 03/13/04 07:07 AM
Nigel Isom Offline
Well Coach Lane im sure in your extremely obscure way of thinking it could appear like blame. But then again that wouldn't make much sense. As I stated before it was hypothetical that I said they could have won. One was a state finalist the year before, the other was a third place finsher, it stands to reason that they could have repeated their performance. So they did not? So what? Like I said they gave their best effort and thats all that can be asked for. All I said is that IF they had won their matches it would have been a different story, call that an excuse if yo uwant to it makes no difference to me. Little buster (im assuming your father must be Big buster? lol) what blowing up have I done? I'm sick of reiterating the fact that i was not upset when Abilene got second quite the opposite so I don't think I'll need to say that again. Furthermore I will go on record as saying that I don't know how the team will be next year,the loss of two seniors and many state points will hurt, what i can say is that they will be in the top 5 again next year. I only know of one freshman who will make an immediate impact for the team ther emay be others. If SC repeats good for them, if they don't I suppose I can come on here and reply to every comment they make and say that those comments are excuses which is pretty much what they've all been doing to me which is kinda dumb.

Moeder while your post doesn't even warrant a response I will do so none the less out of shear boredom. Me not being on the team has nothing to do with it. I never said I was. They on the other hand seemed to think it was them out their wrestling scoring the points for SC and thus winning the title (which reminds me if they really were then they've certainly shown a lot of class since then!) . If Abilene has won state again I can promise you I woulnd't have been on here saying that stuff. If you will notice in every single post I have made since I graduated on this site I have NEVER once used to word WE to describe my relationship with the Abilene team. I have always said Abilene this, and Abilene that. I've done this for the specific reason, that being the fact that I am in fact not part of the Abilene high school wrestling team. Any success they have has absolutly no relationship to me, likewise any failure they have is not my fault either. They determine thier own destiny. Which is why it kinda bothers me when people associate me and my oppinions with the current team. Like ybsmall, who seems to think that I am such an important person that I represent the whole of Abilene. So I guess likewise I guess I can say that whatever town that he comes from much be pretty poor too since they are all a bunch of judgemental idiots! (for those of you who don't know I'm being sarcastic and proving a point). My only wish is that all the people who have nothing better to do than say somethng negative about me would come say it to me instead of on this site. Trust me i'm around, im refing tournaments every weekend, Don't be afraid to reveal yourself, im not going to hurt you. But stand up for what you say, don't be an internet jockey knowing you can hide behind your words.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Strange fact about state #65496 03/13/04 11:21 AM
moeder Offline
Nigel, that was my first post involving you, even though I have read your statements all year and would have liked to responded several times - mainly on the Bahe topic that was deleted. Your normal complaint about a persons comment is that they dont use their name on their posts. Well mine is there. Nope, not worried about you hurting me. B/C of sheer distance, I am not able to respond to you in person. I personally am not going to go out of my way to locate you face to face, if I have made a comment to offend you, you can find me at the majority of kids tournaments. I will be at the state tournament and would be happy to visit with you in person if you would like. Have you been selected to officiate?Possibly I could help you understand why you receive so many negative posts. I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that maybe your posts are not genuinely meant to be derogatory, but just poorly worded for the readers to infer what you are really trying to convey.(?)

Re: Strange fact about state #65497 03/13/04 02:17 PM
M
mike fairleigh Offline
M
Nigel, If you look at scoring opportunities that were not realized in the state finals, Scott City had 5 to Abilelne's 2. any way you cut it, Abilene was a victim of not having enough wrestlers in a position to score. further, if you look at the SC wrestlers that did not place, all but one of them scored points. if not for them , Abilene would have won the title. Theirs was a team effort, and as such those who were on the team, and who helped to develop the skills of those that were on the team, (JV guys) I would think are entitled to make positive comments about their achievement in the "we" form.

Re: Strange fact about state #65498 03/13/04 09:32 PM
Dingbat Offline
I swear...I have never claimed to be the smartest guy in the world. But every time I spend just a couple of minutes reading one of Nigel's posts, I get just a little bit dumber...

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: Strange fact about state #65499 03/13/04 09:42 PM
Prant Garker Offline
Not possible, Dingbat.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 159 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)