it is nice to see people that i have personal relationships with being successful at the D1 level.

although i am young, i have had the opportunity to coach (or compete with) each of these individuals at one point or another, all 3 of them are class acts.

NATHAN LAWRENZ wrestled on Cadet teams with me in 1993 (before they put age limits on Schoolboy kids coming up to wrestle Cadets), and then i had the opportunity to work with him again in 1996 when i was a Cadet coach. Nathan was the only wrestler who i competed with that was still in the Juniors program and watching his career has been exciting and an enjoyment. GREAT JOB NATHAN!

in 1996, when i was 19 coaching the Cadet teams i was the only coach for kansas from the EAST KANSAS program. i has the wonderful experience of drawing ZACH ROBERSON as my primary wrestler to coach during the tournament and we went all the way to the Cadet National Finals. i have never been around a more humble yet more competitive kid in my life. glad to see the D-1 ALL-AMERICAN doing so well, and next year when your ankle is well i can't wait to see where he goes.

SHAWN BUNCH is probably the fastest mat wrestler i have ever had the opportunity to work with. i was honored with the 2001 Metro Classic coaching job where i had the opportunity to work with so many great college bound wrestlers (Bunch, Chris McCormick, Brandon and Noah Clouse, Sean Patton). Shawn was definately a great team leader for us, and i am glad to see him become such a success at Edinboro.