Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kansas college wrestlers #87206 04/11/02 02:53 PM
T
Triple R Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I am disappointed with the coverage of college athletes on this website. You made sure to include the Division I wrestlers on your recent news, but there was nothing about Division II wrestlers, NAIA or JUCO kids. There is a reason why Kansas took 4th this year at the Senior Championships, we have great high school wrestling. It seems that more and more kids are rectruited to wrestle out of this state every year. So where are they all? We have had success at the Division I level, but what about everywhere else? In Division II this year, Kansas made a huge showing at the National tournament. Shawn Silvis was a national champion at 165 lbs. (Augusta), with Riley Ross (Colby) coming in fifth. Peter Koster (Hoxie, CCC) placed 5th at 157 lbs., Brandon Pfizenmaier (Clay Center) became a two-time All-American placing 3rd at 149 lbs. 125 lbs. was represented strongly by true freshman with Chris Saferite (Augusta) taking 2nd and Bryce Abbey (Goodland) taking 4th. JUCO Kansas wrestlers had a great season with the NWKL represented at Colby JUCO and Eastern Kansas wrestling represented at Neosho and Labette. I know that Division I wrestling is where all the attention is at, but the athletes at supposedly "lower levels" train just as hard and take just as much pride in their accomplishments as Division I wrestlers do. Coaches should be proud of their wrestlers that have went on to the college level to represent their high school and their community. I hope in the future somebody recognizes us for it.

Re: Kansas college wrestlers #87207 04/11/02 06:08 PM
Mike Juby Offline
I have posted the information you provided onto the home page. Thank you for providing the data; however, I do take exception to your suggestion that only Division I athletes have been covered in the past. If you will look at the summary reports from prior years (click here for last year\'s) , you will see that I have prominately posted results from other divisions.

The critical factor in getting major news posted is that someone needs to put the information together. While I generate some news reports from my own resources, the vast majority come from information I receive via emails, phone calls, etc. If there is something that you feel should be posted, send me an email at mikejuby@usawks.com. I won't guarantee that I'll post everything, but pretty much anything that showcases how our Kansas athletes are doing at a national event is a lock to be published.

Moderated by  RichardDSalyer 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 105 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)