On October 23 & 24th Beachwood High School will be hosting the USA Maccabiah Wrestling World Team Trials. The Maccabiah Games is an international competition. The best Jewish athletes come from all over the world to compete in the World Maccabiah Games, an Olympic-style competition in the State of Israel every 4 years. The 17th Maccabiah Games will be held July 10-21, 2005 in Israel. We are expecting a 600-700 member USA delegation. For two unforgettable weeks, Jews of all ages and backgrounds convene to share their culture, their history and their values, in a WORLD CLASS competition. The Maccabiah Games are among the top international sporting events in the world.

At the trials, which are sanctioned by USA Wrestling, the winners of each weight class will be guaranteed a roster spot on the USA Maccabiah Wrestling Team and will earn a trip to Israel next summer. I would appreciate it if you could pass this information on to any of your current or former wrestlers that are Jewish. This is an opportunity that should not be passed up. Moreover, if you have email addresses or phone numbers of your current or former Jewish wrestlers please email me their contact information.RPeters142@sbcglobal.net. This is an Open Age division; therefore, we are looking for any high school, college, post college or veterans that might be interested in trying out. We are trying to put together the best team to represent the United States of America. Also, if you know of anyone that would like to get involved in this event as either a sponsor or volunteer please pass along the information.

I have attached the link for the Maccabi USA Sports for Israel website http://www.list-maccabiusa.com/index.htm. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Have a great season.

Ryan M. Peters