Just a reminder to ALL Cadets. The Freestyle/Greco State Tournament on June 1-2 in Baldwin will be used as a qualifier for the Cadet National Duals teams.

In the past, the members have been selected by coaches, this year the wrestlers will have to place in the top two in their weight class at the state tournament. Champions will be on the first team and runner-ups will be on the second team.

If one of these wrestlers chooses not to attend the duals, then everyone will move up a spot. So even if you place 3rd or 4th, there is a chance for you to go.

A booth will be set up at the state tournament for the 1st and 2nd place winners to sign up and pay their money to compete on the Cadet National Duals teams. The cost is $80 per style. Total amount will need to be paid that day.

So for you Cadets out there that want to be involved with the Cadet National Duals Teams, don't miss out on the State Tournament on June 1-2 in Baldwin.

If you have any questions or clarification on these events, please feel free to call me at Washburn Rural High school at 785-339-4100 or on my cell at 785-640-9915. My e-mail is coachfergola@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Coach Fergola
Head Coach for Cadet National Duals

Richard Fergola
Head Assistant Coach
Dana College
USAW Gold Level Coach