I am actually pasting some of this from The Mat. Thought it would be important to know and act on.

This morning at around 7:30 Eastern discussion on various women's sports was taking on place on MSNBC with the announcers and a reporter for the LA times. A rather derogatory question was asked by the female anchor on the show and the reporter from the times replied, that "Don't worry I won't be taken any of them home with me to meet mother any time soon. I think I'll just leave it at that." There was a lot of laughter and apparent disgust by the commentators. They obviously knew they shouldn't say much more because the Times guy replied that he could already see his email. We probably need to oblige him. Anyone know his name or email address. To the credit of the weather man, he stated he was from Iowa, mentioned the U.S.A. women's coach and something about taking the reporter and knocking him up side the head.

Other replies and action, report from Ted Witulski:

This afternoon I put a call into NBC and spoke to one of their communications people. Apparently, they are receiving a number of calls and emails---so good job to the entire wrestling community.

After explaining to her the situation, and the deep disappointment that many in the wrestling community feel it sounded as if the media conglomerate would be mulling over writing an official apology.

Please take this opportunity to make your feelings heard:

To the entire wrestling community,

This morning I did not witness this firsthand, but have received several concerned call about the treatment of women’s wrestling by the NBC sports reporter, Mr. Joe Concha.

Below is an excerpt from an email I received.

This morning on the Olympic update from 7 - 8 a.m. on MSNBC, sports reporter Joe Concha was completely disrespectful to women's wrestling. While giving a thorough report on several women's sports, he was directly asked about women's wrestling. His only comment was to try and be cool and say that "I won't be taking any of those women home to mom anytime soon." He completely laughed off the sport, and even worse refused to give ANY details about it.

He didn't mention a single name or a single thing about the competition. There was a perfect door to speak about McMann or Miranda in medal matches and he didn't say a word. I suspect he was ill prepared as a journalist and just found the quickest way to bail himself out of harm's way, and it was embarrassingly inappropriate. In the end he even commented that he didn't want to talk about it anymore because he would probably get hate mail. Well, he was right about that! Let's flood NBC!

To the credit of NBC, a weatherman who immediately followed him tried to make things right and said that he was from Iowa and would put the Concha in a half-nelson after the show. He commented that he supported the women's involvement in the sport and even mentioned coach Townsend Saunders by name.

Anyhow, please join me in writing NBC online to complain about this embarrassing comment. I know that if you had seen it you would be as upset as I am, both as a wrestler and as a supporter of our amazing U.S. women's team.

I am very disturbed by these comments and would like to encourage all supporters of the great and honorable sport of wrestling to respond in kind to the following three emails. Please let them know that the wrestling community is insulted by these injurious comments.

viewerservices@msnbc.com
Sports@MSNBC.com
letters@MSNBC.com

We only can blame ourselves, if we do not actively stand up protect the honor of our Olympians and the great sport that they represent. Silence only softens our strength!
In the wrestling spirit,
Ted Witulski
NCEP Manager
USA Wrestling

Ted Witulski
NCEP Manager
USA Wrestling

My comments:

I saw the comment as well this morning. There was obvious embarrassment over what they knew was a mistake as soon as the comments were made. The female commentator was awful as was the reporter. I'm going to the gym but will try and find the address when I get back. The name of the reporter also escaped me but the time the comments were made should be included in the email to let them know. I would also recommend emailing the Los Angeles Times as the one male reporter was from that newspaper. Californians should get on the ball and even make phone calls if possible. If someone has toll free numbers I would also make a call.

I understand that an apology by NBC and MSNBC is forthcoming. I think we need to make it clear though, that part of the issue was not just the ignorant statement but the lack of respect given the sport by NBC. We have a chance to be heard. Let's make sure that we drive home the point of our disappointment regarding the lack of coverage as well.

I have already emailed all of the parties involved and made phone calls. I would encourage each of you to do the same.

This was taken from the women's forum:

Mr. Concha his address 803 Park Ave. Hoboken NJ and phone number is 201-386-9438. He wants to run for mayor of Hoboken but if you piss off half of the voters it makes it hard to do.

also here is the number to MSNBC:on the women's forum:

hey everyone just got some helpful information so start flooding there viewer services call this number to complain it's

1-800-813-8255

The link to follow all of this is at: http://www.thematforums.com