Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
what to expect #93617 08/17/03 07:38 PM
wrestlerkid Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm going on my 3rd year of wrestling and this year I will be wrestling at the highschool, no other girls have wrestled for the highschool, so I'm not sure what to expect. If there are any girl wrestlers who have gone through my situation I would like to hear what your season was like so I will be prepared. Any input would be nice, thank you.

Re: what to expect #93618 08/30/03 12:02 AM
C
CoachEd Offline
C
Hello Female wrestlers,

Well I guess having an e-mail,a state director and a state female coach isn't enough. Not to mention to hold a 4 day camp with 2 of the Olympic female wreslers coming to hold a camp at 50.00 per wrestler with food & lodging all included. To advance female wrestling we all have to work as a team. There are more than enough males trying to discourage the sport. My wife and I," MORE MY WIFE" have been working hard with USA WRESTLING, NATIONAL COACH TERRY STEINER and several coaches around the country. We have already formed a girls team with about 50 girls and outfitted them. This team is not limited to just certain girls,but yet girls from 6 to 19yrs old from the entire state. I don't exactly know why everyone hasn't heard about the KANSAS KRUSADERS but I still find people who don't know we exist. I can tell you that people in other states from HAWAII TO ALASKA to NEW YORK have heard of us. To tell some of the accomplishments of the girls last year we took 17 girls to Minnesota for girls Freestyle and Folkstyle Nationals. We brought back 17 All Americans and 4 actually won it, with one "Double Champion" who wrestled in 2 brackets. These other states know about us but some in this state still haven't heard the news.
"KANSAS KRUSADERS" are here and growing strong.
If you are interested in becoming a "KRUSADER" contact us through girls division on this home page of USA WRESTLING KS.

We have a lot of exciting things planned for this year and we can't wait for wrestling to start. We have already heard of tourneys in IOWA and Georgia, TX, we will be going to the USAW Nationals again and we really, really, really want to go to FARGO with a girls team. We will have another girls state tourney and the camp is already arranged. The camp was above and beyond our expectations. We invite you and any other girl wrestlers to join us as we take girls wrestling to a new level.

Thanks for your time and stay tuned to this forum and the website for further info. We will post camp pictures very soon.

COACHES ED & JENNI
"KANSAS KRUSADERS"

Re: what to expect #93619 08/30/03 01:06 AM
Coachjt Offline
Here is the Kansas Krusaders web site:

http://www.eteamz.com/ksgirlswrestling/

Re: what to expect #93620 09/01/03 10:03 PM
wrestlerkid Offline OP
OP Offline
CoachEd,
I, like a lot of girls have, heard about the Kansas Crusaders, but after looking your website, sense that none of these girls on the team are out of elementary school. You may be a really great wrestling team, but I am looking for a team with the intensity of a highschool team and teammates my own age whether they be girls or boys, so I will continue to practice with them, for now. I know that sooner or later I will have to join an all girls team but I think I should probably wait for the Kansas Crusaders to grow a little in numbers and age ranges before that happens. I have seen some of your girls wrestle though, they're pretty good, but just not at the age group that I'm looking to be in. Don't be discouraged, the reply really helped me, thankyou.

Moderated by  Joe Knecht 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 163 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)