Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Johnson County Classic Results [Re: RichardDSalyer] #96455 12/19/06 11:00 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Originally Posted By: RichardDSalyer
Originally Posted By: Husker Fan
I think special congratulations needs to be given to Aquinas senior RJ Nill who won at 160 with a very impressive 11-1 championship match victory over a very good wrestler, Aaron Berscheidt of Gardner Edgerton.

It should be noted Nill won at 171 lbs. and not 160 lbs.!

Richard, thanks for pointing out my error. I guess I still had 160 on my mind since I had just typed that weight for Paul Markey in my previous paragraph. I also did a poor job of proofing the message before submitting it.

I am also going to take this opportunity to mention some Aquinas seniors who did not participate in this tournament. They have been contributors to the team over the last four years at practice, tournaments and with points at this Johnson County Classic and other tournaments including regional and state tournaments. I should have congratulated them in my original post. Congratulations to Aquinas seniors Brian Sullivan, Alex Lopez, Brendan Berko, Bo Noles, Ike Woodroof and Brian Huston for your contributions in making this team so successful in the last four years. This is truly a great senior class. Your accomplishments will long be remembered and appreciated by the Aquinas wrestling community.

In commending RJ Nill for his tremendous accomplishment of three Johnson County Classic championships, I neglected to extend a special congratulations to Mark Millstead for winning his second Johnson County Classic. I am not positive but it may be the only two times that Mark has wrestled in the Johnson County Classic. It is difficult to win this tournament even once. I know there have been some high state placers who have never won this tournament. I watched Mark Millstead in several of his matches this weekend. Mark is an incredibly intense wrestler with great skills. I expect we will be following Mark's college career over the next four to five years. He looked awesome in this Johnson County Classic.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: Johnson County Classic Results [Re: Husker Fan] #96479 12/19/06 06:14 PM
sonnersftbl4life Offline
what happened to LINWOOD PEOPLES? lol. Funny how he talked that smack on Adam A., and didn't even make the finals.

Re: Johnson County Classic Results [Re: sonnersftbl4life] #96480 12/19/06 06:37 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Phillip Henes beat him 8-4 in the semis and finished 3rd. It was a great match to watch. He is a talented kid should compete for a place at 135

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Johnson County Classic Results [Re: Husker Fan] #96486 12/19/06 08:29 PM
Bracket-man Offline
Vince (HuskerFan): You make a great observation. A talented, hard working Senior Class is often the cornerstone to a team championship. Many team championships can be traced to their Senior class leadership and dedication to the team concept, even when some of the individuals may not be wrestling at the varsity level. Truly, the work done in the wrestling room pays dividends.

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
Re: Johnson County Classic Results [Re: Bracket-man] #96510 12/20/06 12:42 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Bracket-man
Vince (HuskerFan): You make a great observation. A talented, hard working Senior Class is often the cornerstone to a team championship. Many team championships can be traced to their Senior class leadership and dedication to the team concept, even when some of the individuals may not be wrestling at the varsity level. Truly, the work done in the wrestling room pays dividends.

Thank you for the compliment but you said this a lot better than I did. You packed some great thoughts into a well written concise paragraph.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: Johnson County Classic Results [Re: Husker Fan] #96526 12/20/06 06:42 PM
L
LancerLou Offline
L
Today's Kansas City Star / Shawnee Mission Neighborhood section had a nice 2 page spread covering the JOCO Classic. They included complete results, photos and interviewed a few of the wrestlers.

Lou Ann Baker

Re: Johnson County Classic Results [Re: LancerLou] #96527 12/20/06 06:58 PM
KCWrestlersMom Offline

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 162 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)