Alex, I think just about everyone has a motive when they post something.

I commend you for all things that you have done to support wrestling and I encourage you to continue to do that. I am sure that you will.

I think the problem with this topic is that it does have the potential to offend a lot of people especially at a time that should be every special for them. I think you and I have some potential to learn something about posting from this topic. I have posted on topics that I felt strongly about and have unfortunately offended some people in the process. Richard will give me a harsh scolding when I do that and most of time I deserve it.

One group that easily could have been offended here are those wrestlers who qualified Saturday with records under .500. They worked hard to get there and are proud of their accomplishment. They should be very proud of their achievement no matter what their records. A topic like this can lessen that feeling for them. A lot of young high school wrestlers read these topics, so we have to be careful in what we say. It would have probably been better if you had said records under .500 and not referred to it as losing records. I think the timing would have been better too after the State tournament.

Two other groups that could take offense to this topic are all the wrestlers no matter what their records and coaches from 6A and 5A. They all work hard to become the best teams that they can be and they all want to do well at State.

Alex, I have been critical here but I have done it all myself in past posts. I really am trying to learn from this topic to be more careful in what I say so I do not offend someone.

In closing, I will say good luck to all the wrestlers, coaches, managers, parents and fans this weekend from 3-2-1A, 4A, 5A and 6A. Wrestle hard and enjoy this weekend. You have all had a great season.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions