Originally Posted By: Scarecrow_103
 Originally Posted By: LancerLou
Is there any benefit to filling out those recruiting questionnaires on the various college websites? My gut tells me no, but I thought I would ask the experts.

Yes that sometimes is your first contact with a coach. Some guys don't need to sell themselves, their ability and acheivments do it for them. But that questionaire is your first chance to let a coach know that you want to continue your wrestling career and your first chance to begin selling yourself. Some of the smaller schools don't get out of their own states or neighboring states much.

Keep in mind there are only so many coaches on the college ranks and so many kids on the High School level coming out each year. I am hearing of guys in Kansas that I never even knew about until I had to research...but have colleges from other states asking about.

Sell yourself, go to pre and postseason tournaments, and visit a campus or try a camp/clinic from the colleges you are looking at before your high school days are over, that way you can see if you mesh with the coaches well at that program...saving money by staying closer to home isn't always the best fit, even though it may be the cheapest!

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!