Yesterday I came so close. After I departed from San Jose California on my way to Fresno in what was supposed to be a 2 hour drive, that took 5 hours, I got in a horrific traffic jam. Nothing like being stuck in traffic on a two lane road in the California Mountains. I was fortunate that I had made a previous stop at a local fruit stand, there is also nothing like fresh cherries or apricots that were picked that day. The traffic jam literally lasted several hours but it wasn't so bad with the scenery and mountains.

After getting up to where the traffic jam started to clear, the officer told me about a lady fitting Waunita's description whom had been caught hitch hiking and causing a rukas after her car had broken down. The officer in the description described how she continued to talk about "getting that former law man back in Kansas," I assumed she was talking about Sir Randy, but knew for certain it must have been her when she stated that if she "found that Sweazy guy I may have to put a few apricot pits where the sun don't shine." The officer wouldn't go into any more details. I would say, those apricots are so good right off the tree that Swayz can hope Waunita eats all of them prior to placing the pits in her desired location.

I'll keep an eye out but don't know if I'll come that close to her again in the time I have left here. Leaving on Tuesday morning and speaking tomorrow and on Monday. I hope to see the Sequoya's (sp?) today and have a little R&R but for some reason I think my new hosts has things planned for me. Whew! A vacation sure would be nice.