... I've gathered my thoughts from the match between Disney and Madison, I'll try to share them.

Period one ... scoreless first minute ... Disney wins the flip. Atticus cannot turn Elijah and rotates to bottom. Madison gets a big lift with exposure and wins the period, 0-4.

Period two ... scoreless first minute ... Disney wins the flip. Again Atticus cannot turn the big man and takes his turn on bottom. This time, Disney has shored up his defense and wins the period, 1-1.

Period three ... scoreless after the first minute elapses. Madison wins the flip. Atticus is called to attention for and improper start. Then Elijah is called for the same. They try to get in the position again but the referee call Elijah again ... this time it is a caution and 1-point for Atticus.

Of course there was a lot of debate that followed. Atticus is ahead, 1-0 and Elijah lost the benefit of his position. After 30 seconds, Atticus is awarded another point because Elijah has failed to score.

The match tries to restart with Atticus in the dominant position. Again we have trouble with the position. Both wrestlers pickup separate attentions. The ref tries to get a clean restart but calls Atticus for a caution and one. Atticus is ahead in the score, 2-1 but has lost position. If Atticus doesn't score he will lose the bout. Disney tries valiantly but Elijah allows nothing. Disney loses the period, 2-2.

I don't know if I have the words to explain the tension and the confusion. I will remind you, the matches are being competed this week with one man mechanics which puts the mat official in total control.

Regardless ... Disney is shown as being defeated. But he will place as an All-American.

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant