Rankings:

I've never seen the young man named:Sharkey Slyter, wrestle since he was involved in "Kid's wrestling tournament". However, several years ago,I vaugely recall a time when I was manning a table at the Wichita Classic and Slyter (I remember the name: "Sharkey") was checking out the brackets (and inquiring of me) to see if some steller opponent (an elite, highly ranked individual, who I choose not to name) was in his age and weight bracket (I recall that Slyter told me that he had adjusted his "weight" specifically for this tournament so that he could test his mettle against this opponent).

That got my attention. When told that this opponent was not in the mix, Slyter was obviously disappointed. I recall that I was suitably impressed with the young Mr. Slyter (I should add that I did not perceive his demeanor to be "cocky" but, rather, "confident" and "desirous" of facing off against the best their was to offer in the state of Kansas at or about his given age and weight!

I now see that, in all-class rankings, he has gotten the "nod" over Daniel Deshazier in the all-class rankings.

I have no idea who will eventually "prove" to be the best wrestler on a given night (i.e. Slyter or Deshazier), if and when, Slyter and Deshazier "meet-up" during the course of the on-coming season. Having seen Deshaizer wrestle, I would be hard-pressed to bet against him, but I still remember the competitive spirit of that young man that impressed me so much (i.e. Slyter).

Bottom line: I would just like to be there when and if this match would ever come to pass. I presume that there are countless, anticipated match-ups, throughout this state, eagerly awaited, which will either "validate" or "disprove" the chief's rankings . We either want the chief's rankings to be "vindicated" or to "proven to be wrong". That's the nature of the beast.

Chief: I already presume that you have some pretty "hard bark" on you and that you are willing to let the proverbial "chips fall where they may", in the spirit of heads-up "competion", and adjust your "rankings" accordingly"

In years past you have done that. Thanks alot.