Thanks dallasjr. Using the chief's pre-season, all-class rankings, it now appears that the top eight (8) teams will compete at the Newton Tournament of champions:

1. # 2 Derby class 6 A
2. # 3 Wichita Heights class 6 A
3. # 4 Clay Center class 4 A
4. # 5 Wichita Bishop Carroll class 5 A
5. # 7 Emporia class 5 A
6. # 9 Liberal class 5 A
7. # 10 Gardner (*) class 5 A
8. # 10 Wichita Northwest (*) class 6 A

* Gardner & Wichita Northwest are tied for 10th place.

Only Goddard, Smith Center & Lansing are missing from the chief's top ten (10). Even if the chief's pre-season rankings do not "hold-up", this tournament nonetheless promises to be the preeminent, pre-state, high-school wrestling tournament in the state of Kansas. If you can place in this tournament, your state odds suddenly look a tad more favorable. I'd like to hear any contrary opinions.

On an entirely different note: I'd like to weigh in on the chief's contemplated (given the chief's post in these regards), "top 10 list, regardless of weight".

Well, you know in boxing, knowledgable commentators and boxing enthusiasts for years, have opined about the "pound-for-pound", best "boxer" in the world. I always loved this stuff and enjoyed arguments regarding conflicting opinions (emphasis placed on "opinions").

I'm equally aware that, by deigning to opine about such intangible, subjective and admittedly, unprovable "rankings' the chief, and any contributors to his post, will almost certainly invite the inevitable wrath of, at least some of our Kansas wrestling "purists" (1 in particular comes to mind - he shall remain nameless, but I suspect he will show his stripes) - those who believe that any "rankings", not "earned on the mat, in competition", are unnecessary and unwarranted ... and not "backed up" by any objectively provable data, and are the product of pure "opinion" - admittedly vunerable to political influences, class and league prejudices, and not worthy of further discussion.

I still want to hear from all y'all. Prove me wrong. Prove me right.