Originally Posted By: flamingo
chief. if you only changed one ranking it should of been rogers from 3 to 1. could i get an explanation of why a wrestler who has 2 state titles and currently undefeated be ranked below anyone?

Certainly Colt Rogers is one talented wrestler. With the lack of common opponents, the All-Class ranking becomes even more challenging. Often times we have to rely on out of season events such as Kid's State, etc. Some criteria used in my 130 ranking:

1. Competition. Both on an in-state level and national. Ryne Cokeley is ranked in one publication, the #1 Sophomore in the nation and several others have him in the top 10.

2. Ryne is a Fargo All-American and a Cadet National team member who went 8-0 in Greco and 7-1 in Freestyle against the nation's best wrestlers.

3. Colt Rogers lost 10-1 to Beau Hentzen in the 16/135 bracket at Kid's State. Ryne Cokeley beat Hentzen 8-1 at the Gardner Invite this last Saturday.

Ryne Cokeley will attend the Bobcat Invite, Garden City and Newton tournaments this year with likely match-ups against Chase Nitcher, Louis Trujillo and plenty of tough competition. These factors are all weighed in my ranking decision. The clincher in my opinion is, I really don't think Colt can beat Ryne or Trent Cox. As tough as he is, I would not be shocked if he did, but I believe he should be ranked #3 at 130.

Any input is appreciated!

Last edited by Chief Renegade; 12/09/08 07:23 PM.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12